Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Reno McDonalds raided by ICE

http://news.rgj.com/apps/pbcs.dll/artik ... 025&Ref=AR

More than 40 McDonald’s employees were arrested today as part of an early morning sting by Immigration and Customs Enforcement officers.

Eleven McDonald’s franchises and the franchise corporate office were raided, said spokesman Michael Keegan.

Keegan said interviews are ongoing and they will determine if any criminal charges will be filed against them.

http://www.nevadaappeal.com/article/200 ... 1/70927008

“People were arrested on administration violations for possibly being in this country illegally,â€

I checked for 'Reno' and 'McDonalds' before posting this - then found the "happening right now". Sorry.

LOTS of comments on local radio - lots of other locations shutting down after their employees flee.

Luther Mack is prominent local businessman with 11 franchises, etc.

At WeHireAliens.com he was named as an alleged illegal employer for past several months:

Luther Mack owns about 10 McDonalds here in the Reno/Sparks area. Last year I was told by employees there were illegals hired and also underage (13)who is a relative of the mexican manager at the store. Luther told all his employees to wear white t shirts this week in support of the march on May 1st. I would say that out of the 75-100 employees Luther has, 90% of his employees are mexican.

Thanks for posting the info. Fred5678.

Welcome to ALIPAC.

I hope these raids send a message to all McDonalds resturants in America. You are breaking the law if you hire illegal aliens.

Hire AMERICANS!
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

That picture is hysterical Zeezil!

Your going to jail Ronald Mcdonald for being A GREEDY CORPORATION AND UNAMERICAN TO BOOT!!!

Welcome fred5678 from West Central Georgia. I'm glad you're here.

Don't worry about the dup. We all do it. We'd rather have it twice than not at all. Please keep it updated. This is exciting news.

From one of the commenters at http://www.nevadaappeal.com/article/200 ... 1/70927008

I used to work for Mcdonald's here in Carson City and they do know that they hire illegal immigrants they help them. that is why if you work there as a shif manager you always see the names change on the schedules but the same people are there everyday. There is illegal immigrants that have worked in the carson Mcdonald's for years. They are not who they say they are. The managers will except a fake ID. I have personally seen it.
    For the uninitiated, Carson City is our state capital - and a VERY SMALL town! State legisltors probably stop there for coffee on the way to work!

Welcome Fred5678!!

Great stuff and thank you adding that juicy McNugget from wehirealien regarding Luther Mack.

Big story on local TV here! Already demonstrators in Reno and Sparks with all the usual apologists. (Sparks and Reno adjoin). They are never asked about the ID theft (a FELONY!) that started the investigation!
    Harmless crime my backside.

Someone said that there were rumors for 2 weeks beforehand about the raids.

Also, many parents took their children out of school early because of fear of raids today. Just shows that just a LITTLE enforcement goes a long way!

Most people put nickles in the meter because of FEAR of getting a ticket.
    Just an occasional meter maid is all that is needed.

[quote] Hispanic leaders speak out on ICE raid

Plans ready to help ICE detainees' children
    Hispanic leaders call press conference

Hispanic leaders warned Latino workers not to go to work Friday if there was chance they’d be caught up in the raid that netted 40 undocumented workers from area McDonald’s earlier in the day.

Those words came from a press conference underway at the Bruce R. Thompson Courthouse and Federal Building in Reno.

Immigration and Customs Enforcement agents detained four dozen workers from 11 McDonald’s restaurants as part of an early morning sting of the franchises, said Michael Keegan, the custom’s spokesman. Agents also raided the franchise corporate office.

Keegan said interviews are ongoing and authorities will determine if the people will face any criminal charges.

The news prompted Washoe County social services and school district officials to be on alert and help children whose parents are detained.

“We had a conversation with the school district today about the steps leading up to us getting involved,â€

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast