Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Quote Originally Posted by ReggieMay
    Quote Originally Posted by Richard
    I was there then and someone said un incidente tragico y historico to which I muttered so they could hear me Luis Gutierrez es un sucio venal pendejo de las prestamistas.
    I had to go to Babelfish for that one. I agree.

Guitierrez does see himself as the Hispanic Martin Luther King. The only difference is that King was an American peaceably fighting for the rights of American citizens. Guess that's lost on Luis.
    Exactly! Luis, give it up. You WILL NOT get a national Luis Guitierrez Day. You may get a jail cell though. Tread carefully but don't tread on US.
    A Nation Without Borders Is Not A Nation - Ronald Reagan
    Save America, Deport Congress! - Judy

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Quote Originally Posted by Judy
    I was there then and someone said un incidente tragico y historico to which I muttered so they could hear me Luis Gutierrez es un sucio venal pendejo de las prestamistas.

Guitierrez does see himself as the Hispanic Martin Luther King. The only difference is that King was an American peaceably fighting for the rights of American citizens. Guess that's lost on Luis.
    Exactly! Luis, give it up. You WILL NOT get a national Luis Guitierrez Day. You may get a jail cell though. Tread carefully but don't tread on US.
    the first part looks like someone said historical and tragic at the same time.
    that person said is a venal dirty a**hole of lenders. (based on google translation)

Quote Originally Posted by jamesw62
    Quote Originally Posted by Judy

the first part looks like someone said historical and tragic at the same time.
    that person said is a venal dirty a**hole of lenders. (based on google translation)
    I don't know Spanish, but well .. if the shoes fits!
    A Nation Without Borders Is Not A Nation - Ronald Reagan
    Save America, Deport Congress! - Judy

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Congressman's daughter's sweet housing deal
    Comments

May 3, 2010

BY CHRIS FUSCO AND TIM NOVAK Staff Reporters

Every time developers asked to build condominiums in his gentrifying 26th Ward, then-Ald. Billy Ocasio had the same answer:

Your project won't be approved unless it includes at least one "affordable home."

U.S. Rep. Luis Gutierrez's daughter's affordable condo wasn't the only project approved by the 26th Ward Affordable Housing Committee. A look at other developments -- and why City Hall isn't happy about them.
    One person who benefitted from Ocasio's directive: Omaira Figueroa, the daughter of U.S. Rep. Luis V. Gutierrez, Ocasio's political mentor.

With a $140,000 loan from her parents, Figueroa bought her new two-bedroom, two-bathroom affordable condo in Humboldt Park in June 2008 for $155,000, property records show.

Little more than a year later, she sold it for $239,900 -- $84,900, or 55 percent, more than she'd paid. . . . .

-----------
    Gutierrez and Ocasio said neither they nor Figueroa did anything wrong. Nor, they said, did their close relationship give Figueroa an edge to get the home.

"Never," Gutierrez said. "Never. Absolutely not. Never. Never."

Ocasio and Gutierrez also said that campaign contributions they took from Roman Popovych, who built 1834 N. Kedzie, played no role in Figueroa's deal. Gutierrez's congressional fund got $1,000 from Popovych six months before Figueroa bought the condo. The developer and an affiliated company gave Ocasio's aldermanic fund a total of $13,500 between 2004 and 2009.

Lengthy article, more here:

http://www.suntimes.com/news/watchdogs/ ... 03.article

Comments are priceless.
    "A Nation of sheep will beget a government of Wolves" -Edward R. Murrow

Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Congressman's daughter's sweet housing deal
    Comments

May 3, 2010

Every time developers asked to build condominiums in his gentrifying 26th Ward, then-Ald. Billy Ocasio had the same answer:

Your project won't be approved unless it includes at least one "affordable home."

U.S. Rep. Luis Gutierrez's daughter's affordable condo wasn't the only project approved by the 26th Ward Affordable Housing Committee. A look at other developments -- and why City Hall isn't happy about them.
    One person who benefitted from Ocasio's directive: Omaira Figueroa, the daughter of U.S. Rep. Luis V. Gutierrez, Ocasio's political mentor.

With a $140,000 loan from her parents, Figueroa bought her new two-bedroom, two-bathroom affordable condo in Humboldt Park in June 2008 for $155,000, property records show.

Little more than a year later, she sold it for $239,900 -- $84,900, or 55 percent, more than she'd paid. . . . .

-----------
    Gutierrez and Ocasio said neither they nor Figueroa did anything wrong. Nor, they said, did their close relationship give Figueroa an edge to get the home.

"Never," Gutierrez said. "Never. Absolutely not. Never. Never."

Ocasio and Gutierrez also said that campaign contributions they took from Roman Popovych, who built 1834 N. Kedzie, played no role in Figueroa's deal. Gutierrez's congressional fund got $1,000 from Popovych six months before Figueroa bought the condo. The developer and an affiliated company gave Ocasio's aldermanic fund a total of $13,500 between 2004 and 2009.

Lengthy article, more here:

Comments are priceless.
    This is funny. This article ReggieMay posted above about Luis' real estate dealings was just published today, and there are already about 100 comments on the SunTimes site, most of them NOT in support of Mr. Luis Amnesty. (In fact, ALL comments I saw were NOT in support of Luis.)
    <div>Number*U.S. military*in S.Korea to protect their border with N.Korea: 28,000. Number*U.S. military*on 2000 mile*U.S. southern border to protect ourselves from*the war in our own backyard: 1,200 National Guard.</

IF you clicked on the Sun Times Link.
    did you see this:

Gutierrez no longer lives in his district

May 3, 2010

Come the November general election, U.S. Rep. Luis Gutierrez won't be able to vote for himself -- but he will be able to cast a ballot for U.S. Rep. Michael Quigley.

The U.S. Constitution doesn't require congressmen to live in the districts they represent. The only residency requirement is this: They have to live somewhere in the state from which they are elected.

It's not unusual for congressional candidates to live outside the district they want to represent. Typically, those who do promise to move to the district if elected. But it is unusual for a congressman to move out of his district.

Gutierrez and his wife, Soraida, moved out of his 4th Congressional District about two years ago, after buying a condo at 3963 W. Belmont -- in Quigley's congressional district. Gutierrez changed his voter registration to that address in August 2008, which means he couldn't vote for himself in November 2008 when he was re-elected to a ninth term.

He's still registered to vote from that Belmont address, though he and his wife sold that condo four months ago. They now live in a two-flat with their daughter and her family in the 5300 block of West Cullom, near Portage Park. That's also in Quigley's district.

When Gutierrez first moved out of his district, "the time coincides with when he thought he was not going to be running again, so he didn't think it was quite so critical,'' said Douglas Rivlin, the congressman's spokesman. "The second house, he really wanted to live with his daughter and grandson. His daughter chose it. His wife was enthusiastic about it."

and then there is this:

Records: Congressman put daughter up for her state job
    CLOUT LIST | Gutierrez denies going to Blago as hiring sponsor
    Comments

May 3, 2010

Before he lent her $140,000 to buy an "affordable home," U.S. Rep. Luis Gutierrez helped his daughter get a government job, according to records kept by former Gov. Rod Blagojevich's administration.

Omaira Figueroa became a consumer counselor for the Illinois Commerce Commission in June 2004, after Blagojevich aides included her in the then-secret hiring database under a spreadsheet labeled "Gutierrez, Luis (CONG-D-4th Dist.)"

"There should be no issues. She should get a letter offering the position in about 2 weeks," according to a note placed in the database the month before the ICC hired her.

A U.S. Supreme Court ruling bans politics from factoring in to most state hiring, including the job held by Gutierrez's daughter. But that didn't keep the since-indicted Blagojevich from tracking 386 clout-heavy people who sponsored 5,700 candidates for state jobs, transfers or promotions, according to the records, which list Gutierrez as sponsoring 36 people.

His spokesman, Douglas Rivlin, denied that Gutierrez helped Figueroa get her state job with the Blagojevich administration.

"His daughter had a relationship directly with Gov. Blagojevich, who among other things attended her wedding,'' Rivlin said. "She has previously worked for the governor's father-in-law [Ald. Richard Mell]. The congressman told me he did not write a recommendation or suggest to the governor that his daughter be hired at the Commerce Commission job but recalls recommending her to Mell for her job with him originally."

Figueroa, 30, worked part-time for then-26th Ward Ald. Billy Ocasio about 10 years ago, before she became a legislative aide to Mell and then an assistant sergeant-at-arms for the City Council -- a job she held before joining the ICC, where she makes $59,016 a year.

At the time she bought her affordable home, in 2008, she was making $55,620.

Her husband, Ecliserio Figueroa, got a city job in July 2003 -- about two months after she gave birth to their son. He makes $42,456 a year as a clerk for the Aviation Department. In 2008, he made $38,208.

Wow, ol' Luis' funny dealings just keep surfacing. Anything for The Family, it always trumps ethics. The Family.....and The Race?
    <div>Number*U.S. military*in S.Korea to protect their border with N.Korea: 28,000. Number*U.S. military*on 2000 mile*U.S. southern border to protect ourselves from*the war in our own backyard: 1,200 National Guard.</

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678