Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Rep. Joe Wilson: 'I Am Not Apologizing Again' for 'You Lie'

Congressman Who Shouted at Obama During Healtch Care Speech Vows to Defy Democrats, Despite Threats of Censure
    By RUSSELL GOLDMAN

Sept. 13, 2009—

Risking the ire of his colleagues and censure by the House of Representatives, Rep. Joe Wilson said Sunday that he is through apologizing for shouting "You lie!" at President Obama during a health care speech before Congress last week.

Wilson told Fox News that he apologized to the president Wednesday and would not apologize again on the floor of the House, despite threats from Democrats to censure him.

"I've apologized one time, the apology was accepted by the president, by the vice president, who I know. I am not apologizing again," Rep. Wilson, R-S.C., told Fox News Sunday when asked if he would apologize on the floor of the House.

The Republican congressman's unprecedented outburst got as much attention as the president's speech, and Wilson at the behest of members of both parties quickly apologized to the White House soon after Obama concluded his speech.

Wilson's outburst Wednesday, which some from both sides of the aisle have called a breach in decorum, followed a line in Obama's speech in which he said illegal immigrants would not be covered by his proposed health care overhaul.

Wilson called his outburst a "town hall moment," and said he would "never do something like that again."

The congressman, however, stuck to his guns, insisting that while shouting something at the president may have been wrong, he still believed in the sentiment.

"People know my civility, they know that this was a onetime event, and it was out of frustration. I believe in the truth. What I heard was not true," Wilson told Fox.

Wilson's outburst has made headlines for days since Obama's speech and became a rallying cry at Saturday's anti-Obama protest in Washington Saturday. It was still be discussed today on the Sunday morning talk shows.

House Speaker Nancy Pelosi, D-Calif., has called on Wilson to offer an apology to the members of Congress or risk a resolution of disapproval.
    Wilson Says Attention Being Diverted From Health Care Issues

In a statement issued following his appearance on Fox News, Wilson said the resolution was an attempt to divert the American people's attention onto him and away from reforming health care.

"The American people are fed up with the political games in Washington, and I refuse to participate in an effort to divert our attention away from the task at hand of reforming health insurance and creating new jobs.

Having apologized on Wednesday to the White House, we agreed that we must move forward in a civil manner to do the work the American people have sent us here to do. Health insurance reform is too important to take a backseat to political partisanship," read the statement.

Since the outburst, campaign contributions to both Wilson and Democratic challenger Rob Miller have soared.

Copyright © 2009 ABC News Internet Ventures

http://abcnews.go.com/print?id=8562220
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

April
    In a statement issued following his appearance on Fox News, Wilson said the resolution was an attempt to divert the American people's attention onto him and away from reforming health care.

"The American people are fed up with the political games in Washington, and I refuse to participate in an effort to divert our attention away from the task at hand of reforming health insurance and creating new jobs.
    WAY TO GO JOE!!!!

There is a brief video at the above link.

"The president brushes off Rep. Joe Wilson's outburst during health care speech."
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Please homepage this!

W

Please DO NOT

Please DO NOT Apologize any more Joe. But you could send a note to Nancy Pelosi saying "BITE ME"

Thank you
    Sincerely

Tbow

lol :P

[b]Check this out!
    Part of the fight between Joe Wison is this:
    Miller, an Iraq war veteran and former Marine Corps captain from Beaufort County, gave Wilson the toughest challenge of his eight-year congressional career last November in a district that takes in parts of Richland County, most of Lexington Country and snakes east to Hilton Head Island.

With donations pouring in to both campaigns from around the country, the Wilson-Miller rematch will all but certainly be one of the nation’s most watched races over the next year.

Wilson, a retired Army National Guard colonel and former aide to the late U.S. Sen. Strom Thurmond, appears destined to become a poster boy in the Democrats’ effort to paint Republicans as members of “the party of no.â€
    If Palestine puts down their guns, there will be peace.
    If Israel puts down their guns there will be no more Israel.
    Dick Morris

I am sure that alot of other people wanted to shout out at Obama too, but Joe Wilson is the only one who had the courage to do so.
    RIP Butterbean! We miss you and hope you are well in heaven.-- Your ALIPAC friends

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

ELE

Impeach Obama.

Horray Rep. Wilson! Obama and his criminal elites need to apologize and then resign.

Adding this to the homepage

http://www.alipac.us/article4511.html

Those that remained silent during the speech owe, "We the People" an apology!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast