Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Rep King Seeks to Regain House Chairmanship

New York Congressman Pete King Seeks to Regain House Chairmanship

If one wished to find the most underrated lawmaker in the US Congress, one need look no further than New York Congressman Peter King.

King is ranking member of the Homeland Security Committee after losing his chairmanship when the Democrats gained a majority in the House of Representatives in 2006. He also serves on the Financial Services Committee.

Congressman King has been a leader in the ongoing effort to have Homeland Security funding based on threat analysis and is a strong supporter of the war against international terrorism, both at home and abroad.

To his credit, Congressman King co-authored of the Border Protection, Antiterrorism, and Illegal Immigration Control Act of 2005 (H.R 4437) which passed the House in 2005 and is the most comprehensive legislation against illegal immigration to pass the House in two decades.

Rep. King is strongly opposed to amnesty for illegal immigrants which has resulted in his demonization by the liberal-left.

During his years in Congress, Rep. King has attained a reputation for being well-informed and independent. A reporter for the New York Daily News once wrote that “Pete King is as a knowledgeable as they come about terrorism and the need for emergency preparedness,â€

I've called his NY office multiple times and was very impressed with how the staff handled public comments/input. I know he has spoken strongly on border security and illegal immigration issues as well. I think he is a straightforward guy and great public servant. Good luck Rep. King!
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

I wish him luck as well. We need him.
    <div>''Life's tough......it's even tougher if you're stupid.''
    -- John Wayne</div>

Quote Originally Posted by Paige
    I wish him luck as well. We need him.
    Indeed we do, he's good man.