Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Banned

Rep. Myrick opposes immigration reform

Myrick opposes reform
    Immigration plan criticized

http://www.newsobserver.com/politics/story/576508.html

Charlotte Observer
    5/22/07

At a news conference Monday, U.S. Rep. Sue Myrick said she will not back an agreement on immigration reform unveiled last week by the Bush administration and a group of U.S. senators.

The agreement, the Charlotte Republican said, was "amnesty wrapped in approximately 1,000 pages."

"I think it's a slap in the face to the 4 million in our country legally who are already in the system awaiting citizenship," she said.

The agreement has not yet become a bill. It would let millions of illegal immigrants receive legal status. Officials estimate that some 390,000 illegal immigrants live in North Carolina and about 55,000 in South Carolina.

Myrick said the agreement provides no way to verify who was here before January 2007, opening the door for more to come. She said it also requires no background check for illegal immigrants already in the country, and she is concerned the program will make them eligible for Social Security benefits and welfare.

Myrick said the program also doesn't provide enough fencing at the border or enough programs to deport illegal immigrants charged with crimes.

I should have never left NC.. seems like their Politicians get it.. somewhat..
    "Democrats Fall in Love, Republicans Fall in Line!"

Ex-El Presidente' www.jorgeboosh.com

It is going to have a tough time passing the house, that GOD they get re-elected every 2 years.

They have two much NAU in this bill. And I don't think they are going to roll over so easy for the amnesty.
    Please support ALIPAC's fight to save American Jobs & Lives from illegal immigration by joining our free Activists E-Mail Alerts (CLICK HERE)

I have heard few analysts say that "it will pass easily with a few minor tweeks"

I heard on the radio so I cannot link it.

Hopefully they are just the doom and gloom types.
    "Democrats Fall in Love, Republicans Fall in Line!"

Ex-El Presidente' www.jorgeboosh.com

Quote Originally Posted by Pistov
    I should have never left NC.. seems like their Politicians get it.. somewhat..
    No not all a prime example is John McCain Burr
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)