Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Rep. Myrick: Three Al Qaeda Caught Crossing Mexico Border in

CANB ANYONE FIND THIS BEING COVERED BY ANY OF THE PRESS???? WHERE IS THIS NEWS?????

Rep. Myrick: Three Al Qaeda Caught Crossing Mexico Border into U.S.

In a press conference today, Rep. Sue Myrick (R-N.C.) announced three Al Qaeda terrorists were recently caught entering the United States from Mexico.

She made the announcement while speaking about the True ID Act she is proposing to penailize states that give drivers licenses to illegal aliens by slashing their federal grants.

Excerpt of Myrick's statement:

"Our main concern is, who's in our state? I mean this is a critical issue today. I mean they just arrested down on the border, what a couple of weeks ago, three al Qaeda members who came across from Mexico into the United States. I mean that's a given fact. They were holding them in the jail down there."

http://minutemanhq.com/
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

I saw this earlier and did a search on Mexico and Al Qaeda and couldn't find anything on it.

Also, nothing on CNN, FOX or MSNBC.

Re: Rep. Myrick: Three Al Qaeda Caught Crossing Mexico Borde

Quote Originally Posted by ALIPAC
    CANB ANYONE FIND THIS BEING COVERED BY ANY OF THE PRESS???? WHERE IS THIS NEWS?????

Rep. Myrick: Three Al Qaeda Caught Crossing Mexico Border into U.S.

In a press conference today, Rep. Sue Myrick (R-N.C.) announced three Al Qaeda terrorists were recently caught entering the United States from Mexico.

She made the announcement while speaking about the True ID Act she is proposing to penailize states that give drivers licenses to illegal aliens by slashing their federal grants.

Excerpt of Myrick's statement:

"Our main concern is, who's in our state? I mean this is a critical issue today. I mean they just arrested down on the border, what a couple of weeks ago, three al Qaeda members who came across from Mexico into the United States. I mean that's a given fact. They were holding them in the jail down there."

http://minutemanhq.com
    According to Bush the enemy is in Iraq and all is going well.
    Please support our fight against illegal immigration by joining ALIPAC's email alerts here https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

http://www.news14charlotte.com

Myrick: Tighten laws or lose funding
    Updated: 11/10/2005 7:34 PM
    By: Associated Press and Adam Shub, News 14 Carolina

A local professor believes Sue Myrick's tough stance is about politics just as much as policy.

CHARLOTTE, N.C. -- U.S. Rep. Sue Myrick is co-sponsoring a bill that would crack down on illegal immigrants who try to obtain a driver's license.

It threatens to pull back federal highway funding if legislators fail to toughen up the laws in six states, including Myrick’s own state of North Carolina.

"Our feeling is that a driver's license is a privilege for citizens and legal aliens, and it shouldn't be something given to somebody who broke the law," said Myrick, who was joined at a Washington, D.C., news conference Wednesday by Reps. Patrick McHenry and Virginia Foxx -- two other Republicans from North Carolina.

The Tar Heel State has one of the nation's largest increases in illegal immigration, and some say that’s because the state has looser license requirements than many other states.

An estimated 300,000 illegal immigrants live in North Carolina, according to the Washington, D.C.-based Pew Hispanic Center.

"Our main concern is: Who's in our state?� Myrick said. “This is a critical issue today. They just arrested, down on the border a couple of weeks ago, three al-Qaeda members who came across from Mexico into the United States.�

Two other North Carolina Republicans, Reps. Walter Jones and Charles Taylor, co-sponsored the bill that could cut off $890 million to their own state. The money represents about a quarter of the state's annual $3.6 billion transportation budget.

The other targeted states are Illinois, Kentucky, New Mexico, Utah and West Virginia.

U.S. Rep. Sue Myrick is continuing her fight against illegal immigration.

"Congress does this all the time,� said Ted Arrington, who is in charge of the political-science department at the University of North Carolina at Charlotte. “They pass bills and they say, ‘If you guys in the state don't do X, we're going to pull your money.’ Well, guess what? All the states do X."

This isn’t the first bill that Myrick has introduced this year to fight illegal immigration. Soon after a Gaston County man was killed by an illegal immigrant who was driving drunk, she introduced the Scott Gardner Act.

"You're drunk. You're driving. You're illegal. You're deported,� she said in August. “Period."

Arrington thinks Myrick’s tough stance is about politics just as much as policy. That is because a similar bill already passed the North Carolina Senate months ago.

"She doesn't want anybody who’s in the General Assembly to say, ‘I tried to do this in the General Assembly, and Myrick didn't do anything about it at the congressional level,� Arrington said Thursday. "If (illegal immigration) comes up as a big issue -- which it could -- she doesn't want to be caught flat-footed and say, ‘I didn't know this was an issue, I didn’t know it was a problem, I didn't try to do anything about it."

Copyright 2005 Associated Press, All rights reserved.
    This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.

Web Journalist: Kyle Almond
    I stay current on Americans for Legal Immigration PAC's fight to Secure Our Border and Send Illegals Home via E-mail Alerts (CLICK HERE TO SIGN UP)

"Arrington thinks Myrick’s tough stance is about politics just as much as policy. That is because a similar bill already passed the North Carolina Senate months ago. "

WHAT!?!?!?!??? THAT IS A LIE. NOTHING LIKE THIS HAS PASSED THE SENATE.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

I couldn't find anything about al qaeda either. Wonder where THAT one came from????
    "POWER TENDS TO CORRUPT AND ABSOLUTE POWER CORRUPTS ABSOLUTELY." Sir John Dalberg-Acton

Why is this thread so SPREAD OUT??? I have to scroll all the way across the screen to read it.
    "POWER TENDS TO CORRUPT AND ABSOLUTE POWER CORRUPTS ABSOLUTELY." Sir John Dalberg-Acton

She did a live interview on WPTF yesterday afternoon. She couldn't give any facts as to her statement. Said something to the effect that it may have been misinformation that she received. They didn't dwell on it and went on to cover Drivers License/Highway Funding situation.

Quote Originally Posted by Bootsie
    Why is this thread so SPREAD OUT??? I have to scroll all the way across the screen to read it.
    I fixed it. the long url's do it every time.

I have already sent this story to my local talk show host and will try to discuss it on air later today. Everyone here should do the same.
    I stay current on Americans for Legal Immigration PAC's fight to Secure Our Border and Send Illegals Home via E-mail Alerts (CLICK HERE TO SIGN UP)

Thanks, jp. I knew if anyone could fix it, you could!!!

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast