Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Senior Member FedUpinFarmersBranch's Avatar

Rep. Nathan Deal Fights Government Health Care for Illegals

Rep. Nathan Deal Fights Government Health Care for Illegal Aliens
    Thursday, July 16, 2009, 11:56 AM

On Thursday, July 16, the House Committee on Energy and commerce will begin to markup the new plan for universal health care, the "America's Affordable Health Choice Act." While the goal of this bill is to ensure that all Americans are able to access affordable health care services, the bill is vaguely written and would allow millions of illegal aliens to benefit from the taxpayer-funded program. Problems with the bill include:

Section 242 of the bill prohibits "undocumented aliens" from receiving health care, but does not prescribe a method for preventing illegal aliens from receiving health care.
    Section 1702 of the bill requires that "the State shall accept without further determination the enrollment under [the Medicaid program] of an individual determined by the Commissioner to be a non-traditional Medicaid eligible individual." However, the bill does not require the government to apply the existing citizenship and identity verification requirements that exist in the current Medicare statute.
    Section 1714 states, "in determining eligibility for services under this subsection, the State may consider only the income of the applicant or recipient." This means that for certain non-essential services, the State can disregard an individual's immigration status and look only at the individual's income.

Fortunately, Rep. Nathan Deal (R-GA) will be submitting a series of amendments to tackle the nebulous language in these sections. One of Rep. Deal's amendments would require the government and health care providers to use the Systematic Alien Verification for Entitlements (SAVE) Program to prevent illegal aliens from taking advantage of government health care services.

Click here to read more about the America's Affordable Health Choice Act and click here to visit our Taxpayer Burden page to look at how much illegal aliens cost American taxpayers.

Subscribe to our News Feed
    Related Searches:Illegal Immigration Rewards

http://www.numbersusa.com/content/news/ ... liens.html
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

However, the bill does not require the government to apply the existing citizenship and identity verification requirements that exist in the current Medicare statute.
    Section 1714 states, "in determining eligibility for services under this subsection, the State may consider only the income of the applicant or recipient." This means that for certain non-essential services, the State can disregard an individual's immigration status and look only at the individual's income.
    It is called E-Verify everyone And keep improving the system to guard against loopholes. Poor Congress do you think they will ever get it right?
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

On glenn beck he should a diagram of what offices there were in this platform. they have a minoirites office and about 10 others. Are minorites going to get special deals of something? It was a really interesting layout to show you why you will have to wait months for any kind of test. There are about 10 offices you will have to go thru to get anything done. I don't understand the people who say they want this healthcare. Don't they see how they run social seciurity, medicare, medicaid and the horrible way our wounded vets are treated when they come home. I don't understand that they think this is free. When the elections were going on, I talked to a lady who was voting for Hilary When I asked why, she said free healthcare. I also think the rich are going to start making waves becasue they are being singled. Where are their civil and human rights? I am mjust sick, sick, sick about this and if it passes, where are all of the Europeans and Canadians going to go.