Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Rep. Royce Introduces Keeping the Pledge on Immigration Act

Rep. Royce Introduces Keeping the Pledge on Immigration Act
    April 1, 2011

Today, Rep. Ed Royce (R-CA) introduced the Keeping the Pledge on Immigration Act, legislation that will address all three areas of immigration reform laid out in A Pledge to America.

“Recently, I traveled to our Southern Border and met with those entrusted with patrolling our borders in Texas, New Mexico and Arizona. I had the opportunity to witness the challenges facing our Customs personnel and the Border Patrol. While I applaud them for their efforts, I believe the federal government can do more to secure our borders,â€
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

go get em, Congressman

Pledge on Immigration Act

1) Establish Operational Control of the Border. The bill ensures the Border Patrol has the tools it needs to secure the border. For example, it prohibits the Secretaries of the Interior and Agriculture from interfering with Border Patrol enforcement activities on federal lands, which is increasingly a problem for border patrol agents.

2) Allow State and Local Officials to Enforce Our Immigration Laws. The problem of illegal immigration and Mexican drug cartels engaged in an increasingly violent conflict means we need all hands on deck to address this challenge. This bill reaffirms the authority of state and local law enforcement to assist in the enforcement of federal immigration laws.

3) Strengthen Visa Security. To stop terrorists like Omar Farouk Abdulmutallab, the Christmas Day bomber, the bill requires the Department of Homeland Security to review all visa applications at high-risk consular posts, such as countries designated as state sponsors of terrorism, and prevent aliens from attempting to avoid deportation after having their visas revoked.

So peeps know what the Pledge specifically entails.