Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Rep. Tom Tancredo defends call to halt legal immigration

http://rawstory.com/news/2007/Rep._T...halt_0606.html

Rep. Tom Tancredo defends call to halt legal immigration
    David Edwards and Muriel Kane
    Published: Wednesday June 6, 2007

Print This Email This

Congressman Tom Tancredo (R-CO), asked on CNN about his harsh words for President Bush at Tuesday night's GOP presidential debate, responded by expressing his fear that Bush's immigration plan is "going to destroy the party."

"I've become so disappointed in him, that's all," said Tancredo. "A little dust-up over immigration, that's one thing. ... But when I combine it with all the things that have happened over the last several years and the way that he has led the party, it is just simply, to me, apparent that we have gone so far awry."

John Roberts then played a clip from the debate where Tancredo stated, "Are we actually ready to say, 'Enough is enough'? We have to stop all legal immigration except for people coming into this country as immediate family members or refugees."

"Did you really meant to say that?" asked Roberts. "Believe it or not, yes," answered Tancredo. He went on to explain that in the past, big waves of immigration have been separated by periods of low immigration that gave time for assimilation. "Give us time to assimilate the people who have come here," he urged.

When asked of "any of the top-tier candidates" can unify the Republican Party, Tancredo laughed and said, "Not that I can think of, no," adding, "Nobody offers that kind of leadership potential."

The following video is from CNN's American Morning, broadcast on June 6.

1 comment

While I support legal immigration, until we have this illegal mess under control and our borders secure all immigration should be stopped. We have no idea how many illegals are in the country. we have no idea what types of jobs really would not be done by illegals. We cannot keep supporting social benifits to illegals. We need to strengthen our medical programs and laws that require illegals to care without their home countries paying for it. We need to stop borrowing money to support illegals. If we continue on the path we are going, we are going to follow Spain and be the next country that is bankrupt. Once we have stopped illegal immigration, we can resume legal immigration.

My email to Senator Tancredo:

To the Honorable Senator Tom Tancredo:

Dear Sir,

I beliieve that something should be done about getting La Raza out of the veto process in the attempt to pass S.1348 currently in the Senate. I believe that Ted Kennedy is breaking federal law by allowing them to participate in this process. La Raza is an interest group and they are not elected legistlators, they should not be part of the process. Harry Reid is guilty of aiding and abetting Ted Kennedy. Please raise your concerns about this! The public must know that this bill is a sham.

The recent mobilization of troops here in the US are being positioned to handle any disgruntles American citizens may have after the SSP and the NAU are implemented. This needs to be exposed to the general public. Its a treasonous move by the current administration and leaves citizens without recourse to what I refer to as a CASTRO-LIKE TAKEOVER OF THE UNITED STATES. It is my firm belief that it is this President's intentions to end this nation as we know it today and it would seem that two-thirds of the Senate are behing the President and are on the take. Somehow, some way, these people are being paid, blackmailed, co-ersed, threatened, or whatever to follow President Bush, Ted Kennedy, John McCain and Lindsey Graham's lead on this bill. The passage of the ammendment to the bill to allow illegal alien felons to remain here in the US is proof of this, in my honest opinion. This is AMNESTY in its worst form.

Both you and Senator Sessions and a few other Senators have been great patriots, especially over the last several days while battling in the Senate over this bill. ALOT of Americans (who are in the know) are supporting you. Good luck to you Sir and have a victorious day!

Best regards,
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by Beckyal
    While I support legal immigration, until we have this illegal mess under control and our borders secure all immigration should be stopped. We have no idea how many illegals are in the country. we have no idea what types of jobs really would not be done by illegals. We cannot keep supporting social benifits to illegals. We need to strengthen our medical programs and laws that require illegals to care without their home countries paying for it. We need to stop borrowing money to support illegals. If we continue on the path we are going, we are going to follow Spain and be the next country that is bankrupt. Once we have stopped illegal immigration, we can resume legal immigration.
    I agree, I think the whole homeland security crap is such a lie and a front for NAU that real security issues aren't even being looked at.
    Stopping all immigration right now, for national security, should have been the first step after 9/11. But of course common sense just doesn't work anymore.