Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Rep. Xavier Becerra in line for Top US Trade Representative

By Mark Drajem and Hans Nichols

Dec. 3 (Bloomberg) -- Representative Xavier Becerra, who once declared U.S. trade policy “broken completely,â€
    I support enforcement and see its lack as bad for the 3rd World as well. Remittances are now mostly spent on consumption not production assets. Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Rep. Xavier Becerra represents an illegal alien majority district more than half of the residents are not legally in the United States but they are still counted equally with Americans when apportioning seats. He would have a vested interest in having them remain here where we have to pay for their education and health rather than having imports be part of the solution. If a plant here operates on a workforce of Mexicans we would be better off importing from Mexico. Becerra would see enforcement as a loss of constituents and public benefits others pay for as patronage.
    I support enforcement and see its lack as bad for the 3rd World as well. Remittances are now mostly spent on consumption not production assets. Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Xavier Becerra has lots of boosters hoping he becomes U.S. trade rep

Xavier Becerra might become Barack Obama’s U.S. trade representative.

Then again, he might not.

Aides to the president-elect and the Los Angeles congressman won’t say.

But numerous California politicos assume he will get the post, and the race is on for the coveted House seat -- especially since likely candidates are looking at their political mortality in the form of term limits.

Names include Supervisor Gloria Molina, state Sen. Gil Cedillo and Los Angeles City Council President Eric Garcetti, each of whom represents parts of Becerra’s district, which includes the heart of Los Angeles.

Molina, who could not be reached, could run for another four-year board term. Others, particularly those serving in Sacramento, face more immediate fates.

“I am definitely considering it,â€
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

I apologize that I did not see Richard's story about Becerra before posting "Possible Becerra Pick Marred by Clemency Scandel", which should have been entered under his lead story. Unfortunately since he entered a comment, I cannot remove it now. http://www.alipac.us/ftopict-139704.html
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)