Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Senior Member FedUpinFarmersBranch's Avatar

Report: 300%+ Increase in Immigrant Students in Washoe Cnty.

Report: 300%+ Increase in Immigrant Students in Washoe County

Posted: Sep 2, 2008 05:03 PM CDT

Kellene Stockwell

The number of immigrant students enrolled in the Washoe County School District has jumped more than 300% in the last 12 years.

In the 1996-1997 school year there were 565 immigrant students according to district figures; at the end of last year, there were 1,743 immigrants - an increase of 308%.

The school district considers a student an immigrant if he or she wasn't born in the U.S. and hasn't attended a U.S. school for more than three academic years.

The Reno Gazette-Journal has also come out with a report on the number of illegal immigrants living in Washoe County. It estimates about 22,000 people live in our area illegally.

http://www.ktvn.com/Global/story.asp?S= ... =menu549_2
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

And all paid for by LEGAL taxpaying citizens, too.

If Washoe has 22,000 immigrants they probably have far more than 1,743 illegal immigrant students.

Nevada's average per pupil expenditure in 2006 was $7,345, an amount that's about 20 percent less than the national average.

Even using the 2006 cost, and the 1,743 number for students, that still comes out to a cost of 5.5 million to the taxpayers.

When the town and state crumbles, they might change their tunes.
    If Palestine puts down their guns, there will be peace.
    If Israel puts down their guns there will be no more Israel.
    Dick Morris

I had to google Washoe county to find out it was Nevada. Thats Senator Reid's territory. He must be happy. Maybe Nevadians will start pressuring their wonderful senator into enforcing immigration laws.
    RIP Butterbean! We miss you and hope you are well in heaven.-- Your ALIPAC friends

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

I'm going up to Washoe County this weekend (Reno). I'll tell the guys at Home Depot that everyone sends their regards. I emailed the TV station with a few comments on their article.

jpasco@ktvn.com

Quote Originally Posted by butterbean
    I had to google Washoe county to find out it was Nevada. Thats Senator Reid's territory. He must be happy. Maybe Nevadians will start pressuring their wonderful senator into enforcing immigration laws.
    I Google many town/city names. . . .
    I hate it when it the state isn't mentioned.
    If Palestine puts down their guns, there will be peace.
    If Israel puts down their guns there will be no more Israel.
    Dick Morris

Report:

WELCOME TO MY WORLD. In Houston schools, Hispanics outnumber ALL other races. They get free school supplies, backpacks and shoes, free breakfast and lunch, before and after school childcare, all at American Taxpayer expense. Did I mention vaccinations? The vaccinations are a good thing tho.....we have multiple cases of TB every year and hundreds of students have to be treated for exposure.

Re: Report:

Quote Originally Posted by Texan123
    WELCOME TO MY WORLD. In Houston schools, Hispanics outnumber ALL other races. They get free school supplies, backpacks and shoes, free breakfast and lunch, before and after school childcare, all at American Taxpayer expense. Did I mention vaccinations? The vaccinations are a good thing tho.....we have multiple cases of TB every year and hundreds of students have to be treated for exposure.
    I know what you mean I live in New Mexico the same thing is happening here.
    ProEnglish:The English Language Advocates
    http://www.proenglish.org/

Please list the state this article pertains to in the subject line.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)