Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

South West Florida (Behind friendly lines but still in Occupied Territory)

Report: Neg Correlation Immigration & Education Levels

Reports Finds Negative Correlation Between Immigration And Education Levels

June 15, 2010
    by Personal Liberty News Desk

A new report from the Center for Immigration Studies (CIS) has found that California has the least-educated labor force of any state in the United States, and this may be due to the high levels of immigration in recent decades.

According to the study, 9 percent of California’s population was comprised of immigrants in 1970, but by 2008 it was 27 percent. Forty years ago, the state had the 7th most educated workforce of all U.S. states in terms of the share of workers who had completed high school, but by 2008 it ranked 50th.

The researchers now estimate that one in six workers in the Golden State have not graduated high school.

The report, titled A State Transformed: Immigration and the New California, concludes with the warning that without a comprehensive immigration reform and enforcement, other parts of the country may follow in California’s path.

CIS has also defended the new Arizona immigration law against critics who claim that it could lead to racial profiling of minorities, saying that the law stipulates that police "may not solely consider race, color or national origin" when implementing SB 1070.

It also pointed out that when the state’s governor, Jan Brewer, signed the new law, she also issued an executive order requiring additional training for police officers on what does and what does not constitute "reasonable suspicion."

http://www.personalliberty.com/news/rep ... -19830954/
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Northern California (moved back to fight for our land and freedom)
    Is there anyone out there that actually thought any differently? Parents of kids in these schools over run with immigrants, legal and illegal, know what their children have to go through to get through school.

When I lived in the bay area there was a man that was picking his child up from school. He was early and went to the classroom. When he looked in what he saw was a room full of Asian children being taught by the teacher in Cantonese and his child was in the back of the room with a coloring book. When he confronted the principal he was told they didn't have enough money to teach his child in English because there was such a need in the Asian children. He was African-American. Not sure this would have happened with a Caucasian kid but I do know that African-Americans are getting kicked to the side of the road by this invasion. It isn't right. As far as I'm concerned, we should not be importing this many people, not to mention allowing illegals to stay, as long as the incarceration rate of African-Americans is as high. And we should not let up until it matches Caucasians. We have to take care of our own citizens first.

P.S. The story of the man above disappeared from the news very quickly and I could not find any follow up on what happened.

Increasing the Supply of Labor
    Through Immigration
    Measuring the Impact on Native-born Workers

May 2004

By Dr. George J. Borjas

President Bush and some members of Congress have proposed legalizing illegal aliens and substantially increasing legal immigration. Economic theory predicts that increasing the supply of labor in this way will reduce earnings for natives in competition with immigrants. This study examines the economic impact of increases in the number of immigrant workers by their education level and experience in the work force, using Census data from 1960 through 2000. Statistical analysis shows that when immigration increases the supply of workers in a skill category, the earnings of native-born workers in that same category fall. The negative effect will occur regardless of whether the immigrant workers are legal or illegal, temporary or permanent. Any sizable increase in the number of immigrants will inevitably lower wages for some American workers. Conversely, reducing the supply of labor by strict immigration enforcement and reduced legal immigration would increase the earnings of native workers.

Among this Backgrounder�s findings:

� By increasing the supply of labor between 1980 and 2000, immigration reduced the average annual earnings of native-born men by an estimated $1,700 or roughly 4 percent.

� Among natives without a high school education, who roughly correspond to the poorest tenth of the workforce, the estimated impact was even larger, reducing their wages by 7.4 percent.

� The 10 million native-born workers without a high school degree face the most competition from immigrants, as do the eight million younger natives with only a high school education and 12 million younger college graduates.

� The negative effect on native-born black and Hispanic workers is significantly larger than on whites because a much larger share of minorities are in direct competition with immigrants.

� The reduction in earnings occurs regardless of whether the immigrants are legal or illegal, permanent

or temporary. It is the presence of additional workers that reduces wages, not their legal status.

The rest follows at this link...

http://www.cis.org/articles/2004/back504.html

Kathyet

� By increasing the supply of labor between 1980 and 2000, immigration reduced the average annual earnings of native-born men by an estimated $1,700 or roughly 4 percent.
    This is not adjusted for inflation once you do that the negative impact has been much higher.
    I support enforcement and see its lack as bad for the 3rd World as well. Remittances are now mostly spent on consumption not production assets. Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by Richard
    This is not adjusted for inflation once you do that the negative impact has been much higher.
    This study was done in 2004...it is just another look at this study and who wrote it....and of course it is much higher.

It interesting to note also, that this study shows the negative impact ...and yet they still continued with it...

Kathyet

According to the study, 9 percent of California’s population was comprised of immigrants in 1970, but by 2008 it was 27 percent. Forty years ago, the state had the 7th most educated workforce of all U.S. states in terms of the share of workers who had completed high school, but by 2008 it ranked 50th
    That is insane to have numbers like this. And again,I ask where is our government? Of course whenever there needs to be adjustments made to meet budgets in cities and towns ,the first thing they cut is education!

Increase labor force? Where are the jobs?

I'm still looking and it has been over a year now. I get phone calls and such but no interviews. I just spent several hundred dollars to get my resume done again.
    "When you have knowledge,you have a responsibility to do better"_ Paula Johnson

"I did then what I knew to do. When I knew better,I did better"_ Maya Angelou

The Democrats want the immigrant vote and the Republicans want them to work for less....
    "One Flag ... One Language ... ONE COUNTRY"....... Teddy Roosevelt