Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Senior Member FedUpinFarmersBranch's Avatar

Returning immigrants report beatings by police

Returning immigrants report beatings by police

By Jose Luis Jiménez
    UNION-TRIBUNE STAFF WRITER

June 23, 2008

TIJUANA – Nearly 200 illegal immigrants sent back to Mexico from the United States were falsely arrested by Tijuana municipal police who beat or robbed some of them, according to a study that a human rights group released last week.
    Victor Clark Alfaro, head of the Binational Center for Human Rights and a longtime observer of Tijuana crime trends, called on the municipal government to rein back the police and respect the rights of the returning immigrants.

Clark, who is also a lecturer at San Diego State University, and a group of students interviewed hundreds of immigrants between August and April. They found 188 of them were arrested for not carrying proper identification and taken before a judge, who many times ordered them jailed for up to 36 hours. Some of those immigrants said police beat or robbed them.

The group has hung a large banner outside its office in Tijuana's Zona Rio section, across from City Hall, calling the police “immigrant huntersâ€
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Hhmmmmmm. Something sounds a little off here, I wonder if this could be a new tactic to set up and seek asylum in the U.S.?

How can you be an immigrant in your own country? Or a migrant in your own country?
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by Bulldogger
    Hhmmmmmm. Something sounds a little off here, I wonder if this could be a new tactic to set up and seek asylum in the U.S.?
    Most likely.

I agree. But then how could the US claim a partnership with a country like that? Like it or not this government is going to have to take a stance on something.....coz it's more and more obvious Mexico is not our friend.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Mexico talks out of both sides of its mouth. But, I, too, am concerned that this could lead to privileges for asylum seekers.
    RIP TinybobIdaho -- May God smile upon you in his domain forevermore.

Mexico talks out of both sides of its mouth. But, I, too, am concerned that this could lead to privileges for asylum seekers.
    I'm afraid the next option is like China....just refuse to take them back. But then you can't have open borders and free trade with that arrangement either. That's why this government, one way or another, is going to have make some decisions and enforce them. We can't continue to dance around this expecting it to settle itself.

Everything is one sided in this arrangement. We can't drive trucks there. We can't go there and live and march and demand in their country. Heck Americans can't even vacation there safely, while they are dumping millions of their poor here and their cartels have started their influx of violence here.

And here is more of their double standards......
    Please support ALIPAC's fight to save American Jobs & Lives from illegal immigration by joining our free Activists E-Mail Alerts (CLICK HERE)

I noticed the article calls them illegal immigrants only. I suppose it's possible they are from South America and lied to the Border Patrol about what country they were from so they don't get sent all the way back home.

Quote Originally Posted by MountainDog
    I noticed the article calls them illegal immigrants only. I suppose it's possible they are from South America and lied to the Border Patrol about what country they were from so they don't get sent all the way back home.
    I was thinking the same thing Mountaindog...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast