Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Reuters: Immigration Raid Causes 'Terror' Among Illegals

http://newsbusters.org/node/10411

Reuters: Immigration Raid Causes 'Terror' Among Illegals
    Posted by Warner Todd Huston on January 26, 2007 - 05:28.

We all know the face of real terror. Nick Berg getting his head sawed off by a knife wielding Islamist, suicide bombers laying waste to mass transit in Israel, the World Trade Towers collapsing on the morning of 09/11/01. That is real terror.

But, to Reuters, enforcing U.S. immigration laws is terror.

The title of the Reuters piece sets the tone for the overwrought sentiment infused throughout the whole article: "California Latinos fearful after immigration raids".

Words like "fearful", "shock", "afraid" and "terrified" are sprinkled all through the article leaving the impression that something mean and violent is occurring to these poor people. One would think that we are rounding up Mexican and Central and South Americans who are in this country illegally and herding them off to torture camps or to some Holocaust redux.

But, what we are really doing is enforcing our duly constituted laws. What we are really doing is rounding up people who broke our laws in coming here and but sending them back to their own country. What we are really doing is enforcing a reasonable expectation that an immigrant to our country does so under the rules.

The only "fear" these people have is that they will lose their free pass to American social programs, free schooling and health care. Their only "shock" is in the fact that someone is at last actually trying to enforce some of our normally neglected immigration laws.

Another thing that bears pointing out from the headline for the Reuters article is the inclusion of "California" as a identifying tag for these "Latinos" that are in such fear.

No, Reuters, they are not "California" Latinos. They are illegal Latinos. They do not belong to California, they do not belong in California and they should not be identified as being Californians.

Then the coup de grace comes later down in the piece. It is the eeevil Bush again...

RAIDS AS BUSH BACKS OVERHAUL

Yes, it WAS in all caps.

A supposed "community worker" who runs a "day labor program" was quoted as being in "shock" over the raids.

"We hadn't seen anything like this here before, and it came as a shock. The police didn't just take people with deportation orders, they took anybody ... guys who were just hanging out in the street and even from a Jack in the Box restaurant ... and now people are afraid to go out," he added.

Apparently this "community worker" that runs an employment program for illegals and helps them break our laws is "shocked" that US officials might want to actually enforce a law once in a great while.

I'm heart broken for him.

In any case, when juxtaposed with the real terror we face today, this article smacks of demagogy and is a perfect example of wild-eyed polemics masquerading as "journalism" that Reuters so commonly employs.

These days, we often joke that Reuters is more interested in supporting Islamic extremists than in doing any real reporting. We often call them al Reuters as a result. This report offers us an example of their other precedent tag. We should not forget they are also el Reuters.

They should really just be called anti-American.

~~~~~
    Comments are being left after the article too.
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

"They should really just be called anti-American."

AMEN!
    THE POOR ILLEGAL IMMIGRANT IN MY AVATAR CROSSED OVER THE WRONG BORDER FENCE!!!

Supporting illegals

While everyone has a right to their opinion, to add any illegal is a crime. Anyone who supports illegals in anyway should have to go to jail and this includes federal officials who don't do their job.

Well I would imagine anybody being arrested gets...a feeling of terror, fear whatever...so like I tell me children ...don't commit crime
    Never look at another flag. Remember, that behind Government, there is your country, and that you belong to her as you do belong to your own mother. Stand by her as you would stand by your own mother

Banned
    Ah yes, another article by Tim Gaynor, champion of the downtrodden brown people. Gaynor is based in Central America and comes up with all sorts of crazy headlines villifying the industrial nations for allegedly victimizing the poor brown cultures. Here is one such headline from a Tim Gaynor article:

"Hurricane Mitch carved a swathe of destruction across Central America. Tim Gaynor wonders whether its effects are any harder for the Nicaraguan people to endure than the damage caused by foreign debt."

A recent article by Gaynor titled, "Border Militia Divides Arizona Residents," began with the following paragraph:

"A right-wing militia patrolling the Mexican border to catch illegal immigrants is pitting some residents in favor of old-style frontier justice against critics who say the militiamen are the real threat."

How's that for applying a blanket description to a group whose political orientation has never been defined one way or another, much less locked in as "right-wing"?

And here is a 1999 article in which Gaynor interviewed Communist Sandinista Daniel Ortega:

"I is now two decades since the Sandinista National Liberation Front (FSLN) marched triumphantly into the Nicaraguan capital of Managua. But Daniel Ortega, one of the key strategists of that revolution, has not lost his enthusiasm for the Sandinista vision of a more just society.

"Twenty years ago a hard-fought guerrilla war forced the US-backed dictator Anastasio Somoza into exile and a new mood of hope and possibility buoyed the country's poor majority. Sadly, the intervening years have not been kind to Nicaragua or to the Sandinista's egalitarian dream. The desperately-poor Central American country has endured a deadly civil war, a brutal US-led economic blockade and defeat for the FSLN in two presidential elections. These traumas have inevitably tarnished the triumphs of the 1979 uprising."

Gaynor also authored a Reuters article that proclaimed, ""Experts see U.S. border fence plan as impractical." His "experts"? One was a border patrol agent named Lee Morgan who was simply offering his opinion. The second was Doris Meissner, senior fellow at the Migration Policy Institute in Washington. Given the name of her organization, does anyone want to offer a guess as to its slant? The last expert was an alleged Customs agent who (surprise) declined to be named. Well, I guess that settles the matter, eh?

So are you beginning to get an idea what propagandist Tim Gaynor is all about?

The illegals need to see that they are breaking the law. I am sure this will be the next one they complain about.

http://www.miami.com/mld/miamiherald/16552989.htm

Posted on Fri, Jan. 26, 2007
    WASHINGTON - Business lobbyists believe federal lawmakers will ultimately strip from the Senate minimum wage legislation any sanctions against companies caught hiring illegal immigrants.

The provision was offered by Alabama Republican Jeff Sessions.

The Senate, by a 94-to-nothing vote yesterday, inserted a federal contracting ban for businesses that violate immigration laws into a bill that would raise the federal floor on hourly pay from 5-15 to 7 dollars, 25 cents over two years.

Under Session's provision, companies caught hiring illegal workers while on a federal contract would be banned from government work for 10 years. Other companies discovered with illegal workers would be prohibited from getting federal contracts for seven years.

The ban would not be subject to appeal in court, but the federal government could waive it for national security reasons.

The Senate vote was the new Congress' first action on immigration legislation.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Thanks for the heads-up on the anti-American, pro-communism Gaynor. I'll be sure to avoid his propaganda.

The anti-American, pro-illegal immigration groups will surely be up in arms about Sessions' amendment. Of course, it is what they wanted, right? "It's the federal government's responsibility!", they all cry.
    THE POOR ILLEGAL IMMIGRANT IN MY AVATAR CROSSED OVER THE WRONG BORDER FENCE!!!

Great article.

I love it when people deconstruct biased news coverage like this!

Added to the homepage

http://www.alipac.us/modules.php?name=N ... e&sid=1888
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Thanks for that lesson crocket!!!!I probably would not ignore his articles but at least now I know where he is comming from and who he is, and it is at least a world away from me!!!
    Please support ALIPAC's fight to save American Jobs & Lives from illegal immigration by joining our free Activists E-Mail Alerts (CLICK HERE)

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by SOSADFORUS
    Thanks for that lesson crocket!!!!I probably would not ignore his articles but at least now I know where he is comming from and who he is, and it is at least a world away from me!!!
    I try to keep a mental list of the serious propagandists. They're not all at the tip of my tongue, but I can generally recognize the names once I see them. It saves me from having to read crap.