Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Revenge of the Sheriff Joe piñata

Montini's Columns & Blog
    'Ancora imparo'

Revenge of the Sheriff Joe piñata

A organization called the PUEBLO Center for Legal and Human Rights on Cinco de Mayo sold tickets to those interested in taking a whack at a couple of piñatas featuring the face of Maricopa County Sheriff Joe Arpaio.

Naturally, the slamfest made it on TV, and was a big topic on local talk radio.

And as much fun as it may have been for participants, swinging a stick at the mock-up of the sheriff only feeds into the fears and paranoia that a lot of average people already have about immigrants (legal and otherwise). Or, as the Phoenix man who wrote to me on Tuesday said, "This sort of thing is provocative, stupid and teaches children the wrong lesson. It makes those of us in the middle ground on illegal immigration want to take a giant step to the right."

It is those people in the middle who ultimately will decide what happens with immigration. With borders. With the illegal immigrants already here. With the children of such people. With everything.

The PUEBLO fund-raising event might have been enjoyable for some and a way for others to blow off steam. But in their enthusiasm and their zeal, they forgot one important fact.

In real life, the people swinging the sticks ARE the piñatas.

Tuesday, May 6, 2008 at 03:20 PM
    Report a Violation
    Topics: AZTALK, REPUBLIC COLUMNISTS, NEWS, AZ POLITICS

http://www.azcentral.com/members/Blog/EJMontini/23029
    "Distrust and caution are the parents of security."
    Benjamin Franklin

Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

PINATAS? THIS IS SO INFANTILE. THEY DONT DO THEMSELVES ANY FAVORS BY ACTING LIKE THIS.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Whom am i more Fed-Up with ? The Illegals and their Consulates or our Totally Corrupt Spoiled Government . I can't decide . therefor i'll pick'em both.
    Nam vet 1967/1970 Skull & Bones can KMA .Bless our Brothers that gave their all ..It also gives me the right to Vote for Chuck Baldwin 2008 POTUS . NOW or never*

This kinda' crap would be more age appropriate on the democrat party convention floor -- and the stage if Obammy wins.
    '58 Airedale

I like reading stories like this. The more foolish they act ( and they WILL continue to do so) the more Americans they will anger, the more support we get to get them outta here.

There's a silver lining to everything!

These kind of acts show their true colors, culture and family values....wonderful lessons to teach your children.

We enforce our laws and they act like heathens in retaliation....
    Please support ALIPAC's fight to save American Jobs & Lives from illegal immigration by joining our free Activists E-Mail Alerts (CLICK HERE)

If it looks like HATE, and it sounds like HATE, it must be...well, HATE.

"SicNTiredInSoCal"
    I also think there's a silver lining to the depression we are headed into. As the ecomomy gets worse, people will see exactly WHAT the illegal aliens are doing to our economy. Want to save gas consumption? Get rid of 30 million illegal aliens!
    If Palestine puts down their guns, there will be peace.
    If Israel puts down their guns there will be no more Israel.
    Dick Morris

Quote Originally Posted by WorriedAmerican
    "SicNTiredInSoCal"
    I also think there's a silver lining to the depression we are headed into. As the ecomomy gets worse, people will see exactly WHAT the illegal aliens are doing to our economy. Want to save gas consumption? Get rid of 30 million illegal aliens!
    My thoughts exactly. Some thing good has to come of this. If they cant get work here-maybe go back home to messico.

Sounds like RACIAL PROFILING. And showing the HATE.
    And they talk about us....
    They only know how to point the finger.
    Also sounds like a HATE CRIME.
    Proud to be an AMERICAN

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast