Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

RI: Dominican IA caught pirating 22,000 CD's

Rhode Island news
    Search cars | Buy or sell | News | Research
    Ask the experts
    Search jobs | Post your Resume | Post a job | Career Info
    Shop Newspaper Ads
    Cardi's Furniture
    Benny's
    Search Legal Notices
    23,000 fake CDs seized; 2 charged

01:00 AM EDT on Tuesday, April 22, 2008

By Gregory Smith

Journal Staff Writer

PROVIDENCE — A suspected illegal immigrant from the Dominican Republic is being held at the Adult Correctional Institutions on charges that he ran a large-scale operation counterfeiting music CDs, the police disclosed yesterday.

With the help of investigators from the music-recording industry, the police last week seized 22,484 CDs from a store at 1936-1938 Westminster St., in the Olneyville section, and charged Jose Garcia, 40, of 39 Vineyard St., with two felonies: forgery and counterfeiting and recording piracy.

Assuming the CDs were sold at $5 each, the value of the confiscated goods would be more than $112,000, according to Detective Sgt. Patrick J. McNulty.

The seizure “is the largest [of its type] we’ve seenâ€

I can already see the spin doctors at work on this one. "But (sob) he was only trying to make a better life for his family (sniffle*sob)."

Bite me! I'm sick and tired of stupid bleeding hearts making excuses for CRIMINALS! Yes, I said criminals aka illegal aliens. They break one law, don't get caught and go on to break as many other laws as they can. WHy not? Our cops/government don't enforce the laws if you're an illegal alien, now do they? They're scared of being called (gulp!) racists! .

The better get over it quick and start cracking down hard on any and all illegal aliens, I don't care how they get caught, just start enforcing the laws and get them out of here!
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)
    "