Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Richardson to voters: I’m Hispanic

Richardson to voters: I’m Hispanic
    By Eunice Moscoso | Friday, August 24, 2007, 04:49 PM
    http://www.statesman.com/blogs/content/ ... ispan.html

Democratic presidential candidate Bill Richardson started a Hispanic outreach program Thursday to try to raise his profile with a voting bloc critical to his campaign —Hispanic, the Associated Press reported Friday.

“Because my name is Richardson, many Latinos don’t know I’m Latino,â€
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

"I am one of you. I am Mexican."
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Gee, Bill is this what it has come down to? I don't hear Hillary pandering to Caucasians by saying, I'm white, vote for me. I don't hear Obama pandering to blacks saying, I'm black-vote for me. I thought we had moved beyond race and ethnicity not only in the workplace and society but also in politics. Now that I hear this, I guess not. I would think that just about all Americans don't care a whit as to a candidate's ethnicity when sizing up who to vote for. But they darn sure want to know a candidate's positions on issues and their plans for solving problems and making America a better nation. So, Bill, after you stop pandering and have a bit of time...what's your position on illegal immigration and how do you propose to solve the problems it has caused to all facets of our society, economy and country?

Thanks zeezil! This one gave me a chuckle!
    I mean really....isn't politics turning into a laughable contest these days?
    Richardson woos Hispanics, Obama appeals to blacks, Hillary courts the women (no pun intended)...man, if Tiger Woods were to stump he'd win by a landslide if that strategy works! Oops...I may have given the Democrats another idea!

What ever happened to reasoning, logic, and the difference between wrong and right? I thought that was how leaders were supposed to rise to power. Now it's spin, spin, spin! I'm sick of having to vote for the one who will do the least damage!

He also would be the first Hispanic anchor baby president!

This approach would be similiar to another candidate campaigning as an European and would immediately be crushed as being racist. Someone should try it sometime just to point out the double-standard hypocrisy! On the Democrat we got a black against an Hispanic against a woman and on the Republican side we just have plain ole candidates. All 3 of the Dem candidates are running on ethniticity or gender. It's too bad that's the biggest thing they have to promote.

I'm sick of having to vote for the one who will do the least damage!
    ...you are so right. Just look at the last election, for example. I detest Kerry and we knew Bush was problematic. Now, as much as a left winged lib Kerry is...he probably would have been less damaging than Bush! Bush has been like giving a baby a hammer and then putting him in a glass house. Oh, oh...broken house!!!

Good call jimpasz.

If Richardson is claiming he's Mexican then why is he running for the Presidency of the United States of AMERICA? Maybe Richardson should
    be running for the presidency of Mexico.

Quote Originally Posted by jimpasz
    "I am one of you. I am Mexican."
    por las chupacabras todo, fuero de las chupacabras nada

Geezz Richardson maybe you should consider what kind of message you are sending to the " AMERICAN VOTERS" . You see none of you are giving the right answers to the problems plagueing America.
    And just because MSM is plastering Clinton and Obama all over the news does not mean we approve of the message they are sending either, Amnesty is not going to win this election. that is the "WRONG ANSWER".

I would vote for someone purple if he would do what is right for American!!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ALIPAC AUGUST FUND RAISER
    PLEASE help ALIPAC stay in the fight against illegal immigration!!!!
    http://www.alipac.us/modules.php?name=F ... ic&t=75673
    FOOD FOR THOUGHT
    WHAT WOULD WE DO WITHOUT ALIPAC???
    Please support ALIPAC's fight to save American Jobs & Lives from illegal immigration by joining our free Activists E-Mail Alerts (CLICK HERE)

I'm glad he outed himself to all america. Not because he is Hispanic but it seems to me he is racist.

Now he needs to work on his resume for the new job he will be seeking after he looses the presidential race & then his Governor job............
    "A Government big enough to give you everything you want,is strong enough to take everything you have"* Thomas Jefferson