Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Rick Santorum Says Families With Undocumented Immigrants Sho

Rick Santorum Says Families With Undocumented Immigrants Should Be Broken Up

The Huffington Post Luke Johnson Posted: 12/ 9/11 12:30 PM ET

Republican presidential candidate Rick Santorum, speaking at a campaign stop in Spencer, Iowa Wednesday, said families with undocumented immigrants should be broken up when the law is broken.

"You can't be here for 20 years and commit only one illegal act ... because everything you're doing while you're here is against the law," he said, according to the Spencer Daily Reporter. "I understand Congressman Gingrich saying, 'Well, you know, people have been here and they've been good citizens and paying taxes.' Yeah, under somebody else's Social Security number because you stole it."

He went on to say that families should be broken up when the law is broken, including illegal immigration, according to the Reporter. While crossing the border unauthorized is a criminal violation, living in the U.S. without documents is a civil violation.

In a Nov. 22 debate, Republican presidential candidate Newt Gingrich said families with undocumented immigrants should not be broken up. "I do not believe that the people of the United States are going to take people who have been here a quarter century, who have children and grandchildren, who are members of the community, who may have done something 25 years ago, separate them from their families, and expel them," said the former House speaker. "I don't see how the party that says it's the party of the family is going to adopt an immigration policy which destroys families that have been here a quarter century."

Santorum has made far more campaign stops in Iowa than any other Republican presidential candidate, but has netted only six percent support of likely caucus-goers according to a Des Moines Register poll released Saturday.

He suggested other "Republican leaders" were surrendering on social issues Friday in a fundraising e-mail sent to supporters. "Because a number of Republican leaders have suggested that the best way to win back the White House is to call a truce on talking about social issues. Issues like abortion, marriage, school prayer, and immigration. In my book that's not a truce ... it's a surrender!"

www.huffingtonpost.com
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Banned
    Is he listening to us?
    If he and Bachman keep this up? I have a couple of choices and I like that.
    I know the grades may not add up. But when I hear, "You can't be here for 20 years and commit only one illegal act ... because everything you're doing while you're here is against the law,"
    Sure gets my attention and nod, thumbs up, and want to hear more of the same. Keep the pressure on until we keep hearing. "Enforce the laws, which means, Deportation for ALL ILLEGAL ALIENS....!

If illegal immigration was the MAIN topic at the debates the 65 percent of Americans that are against amnesty would start to march.

"You can't be here for 20 years and commit only one illegal act ... because everything you're doing while you're here is against the law,"

I'm one of the 65 percent that feels the SAME Mr. Huntsman
    You cannot dedicate yourself to America unless you become in every
    respect and with every purpose of your will thoroughly Americans. You
    cannot become thoroughly Americans if you think of yourselves in groups. President Woodrow Wilson

ship everyone of them back home I don't care how long you live
    in American get the hell out . gov
    get your head out of the sand
    No amnesty or Dream act
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

"You can't be here for 20 years and commit only one illegal act ... because everything you're doing while you're here is against the law,"
    What a perfect way to say it!

Legal immigrants and citizens' families get broken up when one of their family members commits a crime - should be NO different for those here illegally - except that they should be prosecuted, suffer whatever consequences besides just being deported if they've stolen identities, used fake ID's, etc. Then they get jail time. We would!!!
    As Aristotle said, “Tolerance and apathy are the first virtue of a dying civilization.â€

Families are broken up when our brave servicemen and women are deployed. The difference is that they are defending our laws, not breaking them. So no pity party for illegals and their families.
    "A Nation of sheep will beget a government of Wolves" -Edward R. Murrow

Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

If an illegal steals your job that breaks up your family. If an illegal rapes you that breaks up your family. If an illegal sells drugs to your child that breaks up your family. Why isn't Newt worried about that?

Illegals break up a family when they come here. I'm sure their parents, aunts, uncles, grandparents, etc. miss them back home.

Same old crap. The illegals themselves are breaking up their own families. They knew full well the risks before coming here. Take the kids back home with you where you all belong!

I agree with him on this 100%. Americans are not responsible for the decisions of these foreign law breakers, their offspring or other family members. The decision to break up their family is their own. They are all free and encouraged to return their homeland families intact, no child left behind.
    A Nation Without Borders Is Not A Nation - Ronald Reagan
    Save America, Deport Congress! - Judy

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn