Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Roller Rink Raid Nets 4 Illegal Immigrants, Unnerves Skaters

http://www.theneworleanschannel.com/new ... etail.html

Roller Rink Raid Nets 4 Illegal Immigrants, Unnerves Skaters

POSTED: 9:28 am CDT July 26, 2005
    UPDATED: 4:07 pm CDT July 26, 2005

NEW ORLEANS -- Dozens of adults were recently pulled from the crowd at a roller skating rink in Jefferson Parish and forced to undergo background checks by police.

Jefferson Parish Sheriff Harry Lee said the Thursday raid at Skate Country on Terry Parkway was part of a national crackdown called Operation Community Shield, the purpose of which is to search for people living in the country illegally.

# Video: Skater Angered By Roundup
    "We had information that illegal aliens hung out at that location," Lee said. "They did arrest four people who were illegal aliens that were there."

One skater said she objects to the way deputies handled the situation.

"First, they told us to get off the floor and everybody was off the floor," said Gwen Palmer. "And then they herded us and picked us out like, 'You, you, you.' You don't pick people like that, and you didn't have to disturb the whole skating rink to get four people."

Palmer said Thursday nights at Skate Country are for the adult R&B crowd, and she thinks the roundup amounted to racial profiling.

A statement from the rink said management had no prior knowledge of the raid and had no control over the situation.
    I stay current on Americans for Legal Immigration PAC's fight to Secure Our Border and Send Illegals Home via E-mail Alerts (CLICK HERE TO SIGN UP)

What's the problem? Thank GOD someone somewhere is enforcing the Immigration laws! The should be doing these raids 24/7 in thousands of locations across the U.S. But no, George W. Bush sold us out to South/Central America and Canada. I tell you there is going to be a 2nd U.S. Civil War soon.

Quote Originally Posted by daleinusa
    What's the problem? Thank GOD someone somewhere is enforcing the Immigration laws! The should be doing these raids 24/7 in thousands of locations across the U.S. But no, George W. Bush sold us out to South/Central America and Canada. I tell you there is going to be a 2nd U.S. Civil War soon.
    Those Cajuns don't take too well to invaders.

daleinusa,
    Welcome to ALIPAC. I think they could do a bit more to find illegals. Hopefully this wasnt just a show.
    I stay current on Americans for Legal Immigration PAC's fight to Secure Our Border and Send Illegals Home via E-mail Alerts (CLICK HERE TO SIGN UP)

I think they could do a bit more to find illegals.
    Indeed! Like raiding the HUGE Perdue Chicken proceessing plants, here in DE, for one! Whenever they get caught..they simply pay the fines and back to business as usual.

The governments dont ask, dont tell policy also applies to illgal aliens... and those that hire them.

A roller rink? Operation Community Shield? What? So I do a Google search on this Operation Community Shield and it takes me to the ICE website where I learn the following.

"The goal of Operation Community Shield is to dismantle the MS-13 organization by targeting its members, financial assets and operations. To do this, ICE brings to bear all of its law enforcement and investigative powers, including criminal prosecutions, immigration authorities, financial investigations and asset seizures."

Are the Mara Salvatrucha gang members really into roller skating or is this the dumbest illegal bust ever?

This may sound a little weak but they have to start somewhere. There are too many illegals to go after all at one time. So they are focusing on the criminals and gang members.

Hopefully, one or two of the four will rat out a couple of others and then it mushrooms out from small busts like this.