Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Romney Appoints Kris Kobach As Immigration Advisor

Romney Appoints Hazleton Defender Kris Kobach To Advisor On Immigration
    By Digger

Well I am absolutely stunned. After wondering for months about how serious Romney was on tackling illegal immigration and the strange endorsement of Tom Tancredo after dropping out of the race, Romney has issues the coup de grace. Mitt Romney has appointed Immigration Warrior Kris Kobach to his advisory staff.

Kris Kobach

Who is Kris Kobach? Well you may remember Kris as the lead attorney in defending Hazleton, Pennsylvania's Illegal Immigration Relief Act. Kris has been a leader in the fight against illegal immigration in this country and his addition to the Romney team shows that he is deadly serious about ending illegal immigration.

I'm telling you, I'm sitting here just absolutely stunned. That is how unforeseen this was to me.

After this appointment, I see no way that I cannot at least support Romney's immigration stance now. Before it was all words. As for Romney's other positions, well that's up to you to judge.

This in from The Carden Chronicles: http://mcarden.blogspot.com/2008/02/rom ... legal.html

For those that are not familiar with Professor Kobach, he is a noted Immigration expert, Professor Of Law And Head Of The Kansas Republican Party.

In 1996, Professor Kobach joined the University of Missouri – Kansas City School of Law (UMKC) faculty.

In 2001, he was awarded a White House Fellowship serving in the office of U.S. Attorney General John Ashcroft. There he would serve as the Attorney General's chief adviser on immigration law and border security. After the 9/11 terrorist attacks, Kobach was charged with the Department of Justice's (DOJ) efforts to tighten border security and implement the National Security Entry-Exit Registration System.

Before leaving DOJ in 2003, he led the reform of the immigration court system. Professor Kobach has litigated a number of high-profile immigration lawsuits including representing the city of Hazleton, Pennsylvania.

He is a Senior Counsel at the Immigration Reform Law Institute. At the Law School, he teaches Constitutional law and immigration law.
    Absolutely stunned.

Contrast this with McCain's disgusting appointment of Juan Hernandez as his Hispanic Outreach Director discovered a few days ago.

For more on Kris Kobach read my extensive day by day coverage of the Hazleton trial from March 2007.

Thanks to Matt Carden for the tip.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

That is good news indeed !!

Good Choice.

Ephesians 4:32
    Matthew 19:26
    But Jesus beheld them, and said unto them, With men this is impossible; but with God all things are possible.

Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

What other endorsements does this guy need? He's obviously on our side!
    The John McCain Call Center
    [img]http://news.bbc.co.uk/olmedia/815000/images/_818096_foxphone150.jpg[/]

Romney appoints

Please, please write Romney and thank him for this. Ask him to come out strong for workplace enforcement thru e-verify so Americans can compete for American jobs.
    If the economy is taking immigration out of the public interest, we must link the economy and the effects of illegal immigrants on jobs and healthcare.
    Please write,email,or phone--but do something to show our support.

Kris Kobach is a hero in the fight against illegal immigration.

Along with Robert Rector and others, Kobach provided the intellectual and factual firepower for concerned citizens to use and defeat the McCain/Kennedy/Bush amnesty bill this past summer.

Well this is a ray of hope.

I swallow

I swallow my bad words about his sincerity. This was a smart move. It is no bluff, it will explode in Mitt's face if he does not follow through because Kobach will expose it. It has to be real!!!
    Go Mitt--(I can't believe I am saying that!!)

I am no political maven, but I know there are loads of people in both parties that hold the immigration problem to be one of the top four issues.
    Iraq, economy, immigration and "free trade".
    I list "free trade" separately even though it is a key part of the economy, since it has caused so much harm to us.

Yes , I know there are additional issues, but I think these are the keys.

Again, I hope other Ameicans perceive this decision and appointment as positively as I do.

Photo: Governor Romney
    Bio & Contact Info
    Send Message
    Latest News

Contact Information
    Web Site: www.mass.gov

State House, Rm. 360
    Boston, MA 02133
    Phone: (617) 725-4005
    Fax: (617) 727-9725

Washington Office:
    444 N. Capitol St., NW, Ste. 208
    Washington, DC 20001
    Phone: (202) 624-7713
    Fax: (202) 624-7714

I agree, let's let him we highly approve of this move. Whenever Mr. Kobach is on I listen. He is such a well-spoken person. So knowledgeable.

More and more endorsements are coming out from conservatives.

Ephesians 4:32
    Matthew 19:26
    But Jesus beheld them, and said unto them, With men this is impossible; but with God all things are possible.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast