Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Romney nudging Graham to strike immigration deal before 2012

Report: Romney nudging Graham to strike immigration deal before election?Share5posted at 5:42 pm on July 30, 2010 by Allahpundit
    printer-friendly A tantalizing bit of 2012 gossip dropped way, way down in an otherwise fun piece about amnesty shills boo-hooing over having (temporarily) lost McCain. Note to Politico: This is what’s called “burying the lede.â€

The Latino voters are actually diverse as to their position on amnesty and the Mexicans in Mexico are also divided as to what should happen with the illegal aliens. The thing they fear is having the illegals come back at once in box cars as has happened before and without their being jobs lined up for them. Another is such a generous amnesty that large numbers of semi skilled Mexicans pick up and leave depriving Mexico of much of it's skills base. If either the Gutierrez Bill or Schumer Bill goes through the results are going to be divided the Latinos are not a monolithic block. The ideal I beleive is requiring the illegal aliens to leave by a predictable future date like the next Mexican Presidential election but to register their presence sooner. Then the families involved could make the appropriate steps to finance those things that would assure returnees a better living in Mexico. As it is remittance funds go directly to consumption, modern houses and to acquire things here.
    I support enforcement and see its lack as bad for the 3rd World as well. Remittances are now mostly spent on consumption not production assets. Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Banned
    I'm seeing more and more that the problem isn't "illegal aliens" but illegal mexicans

I think the problem is going to come down to that

We know there are illegals from every country in the world but the ones making the most trouble are mexicans and an assortment of other South American countries to a lessor extent

I never got the memo

Did it state that we were responsible for mexicos citizens?

There are a lot of powerful Mexicans who believe like Amb. Arturo Sarukhan that the leadership in the United States has an obligation to push for union under a North American Union. They are oblivious to the need of our country to actually represent the interest of it's citizens not a subset of our political and economic elite. Neither the Mexicans, Mexican Americans or Americans are monolithic however. Mexico has some people who would prefer to see their own country industrialize and advance than become just a vacation second home resort for the Mexicans living in the United States.

I have met AllahPundit and respect him but doubt Romney is more CIR than Graham is. Also Conda may be in the same article but does not represent Romney
    I support enforcement and see its lack as bad for the 3rd World as well. Remittances are now mostly spent on consumption not production assets. Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)