Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Romney

According to an article published in The Lowell Sun on March 30, 2006, "Gov. Mitt Romney expressed support yesterday for an immigration program that places large numbers of illegal residents on the path toward citizenship".

Romney doesn't believe an immigration program that places large numbers of illegal aliens on a path toward citizenship is amnesty. He is wrong. Any program awarding paths to citizenship to millions of illegal aliens that violated prohibitions against improper entry by an alien contained in Title 8, Section 1325 of the U.S. Code is amnesty. Tom Tancredo will never support any program that awards a path to citizenship to millions of illegal aliens.

Romney

On November 30, 2005, Mitt Romney, then governor of Massachusetts and presently a Republican presidential candidate. described the immigration reform proposal of President Bush and those of Sen. McCain and Sen. Cornyn as "reasonable proposals". Unlike Gov. Romney, Rep. Tancedo has never considered any of the immigration reform proposals from President Bush or Sen. McCain to be reasonable. All of Sen. McCain's immigration proposals have been amnesty proposals. In November 2005, while Gov. Romney was sharing with the Boston Globe his belief of the reasonableness of proposals that would give millions of illegal aliens with legal status, Rep. Tancredo was fighting for passage of H.R. 4437, a bill that ultimately passed the United States House of Representatives that would have strengthened enforcement of the immigration laws and enhanced border secuirty, but would not have given legal status to any illegal aliens.

On March 16, 2007, a news article concerning Gov. Romney's changing words about Senator McCain's proposals was published in the online edition of The Boston Globe. The article reported the following:

PHOENIX -- When Mitt Romney swooped into the heart of John McCain country this week, he brought a pointed message on illegal immigration: McCain's approach is the wrong one.

. . .

"McCain-Kennedy isn't the answer," Romney said in a well-received speech to conservatives in Washington this month, describing it as an amnesty plan that would reward people for breaking the law and cost taxpayers millions to provide them benefits.

But that is markedly different from how Romney once characterized McCain's bill, elements of which are receiving new attention in Congress and from President Bush. Indeed, Romney's past comments on illegal immigration suggest his views have hardened as he has ramped up his campaign for the 2008 Republican presidential nomination.

In a November 2005 interview with the Globe, Romney described immigration proposals by McCain and others as "quite different" from amnesty, because they required illegal immigrants to register with the government, work for years, pay taxes, not take public benefits, and pay a fine before applying for citizenship.

"That's very different than amnesty, where you literally say, 'OK, everybody here gets to stay,' " Romney said in the interview. "It's saying you could work your way into becoming a legal resident of the country by working here without taking benefits and then applying and then paying a fine."

Romney did not specifically endorse McCain's bill, saying he had not yet formulated a full position on immigration. But he did speak approvingly of efforts by McCain and Bush to solve the nation's immigration crisis, calling them "reasonable proposals."

Romney also said in the interview that it was not "practical or economic for the country" to deport the estimated 12 million immigrants living in the US illegally. "These people contribute in many cases to our economy and to our society," he said. "In some cases, they do not. But that's a whole group we're going to have to determine how to deal with."

. . .

See...that's what I mean about this guy...you never know what you have with him....kinda like bush boy except I think he can pronounce nook-you-lar.
    Never give up! Never surrender! Never compromise your values!*
    __________________________________________________ __

NO MORE ROTHSCHILD STOOGES IN PUBLIC OFFICE!!!
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Duncan Hunter/Tom Tancredo
    or
    Tom Tancredo/Duncan Hunter in '08!
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

That'll work for me Rockfish
    Never give up! Never surrender! Never compromise your values!*
    __________________________________________________ __

NO MORE ROTHSCHILD STOOGES IN PUBLIC OFFICE!!!

Quote Originally Posted by NoIllegalsAllowed
    Forget about this guy. He's a flip flopper with no real interest in stopping illegal immigration.

We need to focus our support on helping Tancredo.
    It will be pretty hard to forget about him. odds are overwhelming that he WILL be your next president. As much as I love Ron Paul, he and Tancredo are long shots.

I suspect that you are repeating catch phrases that you hear in the media. I doubt that you know much about Mitt Romney. For instance, he drove a family car while Governor instead of a new Cadillac like the present loser. I could list his do goods all night here but won't. It's all public record.

I'll say this. If GW finally grew a brain and brought our troops home from Iraq, would you label him a flip flopper? The way I look at it, if you're standing at the helm in a storm and the water is rising to your ankles, you might say "We can weather the storm and make it to shore alive." Now if a few hours later the storm worsens and your butt is soaked, you might want to change your mind and say "Man the life boats." When situations are changed by outside influences beyond ones control they would be stupid to not reassess the situation and reconsider their stance. It is easy to throw phrases like "flip flopper" around.

I would like to know where Mitt has flip flopped on an issue where it was for the good of himself or his party.

When he campaigned for governor of assachusetts he outlined a plan, said how he would implement it, and then did it. Sure , people moped and whined, only because they were hypocrites because they didn't think that Romney meant in THEIR back yards. But he did exactly what he said that he would do once he was elected, and put the state economy back in black, and rooted out corruption in the big dig project. I wish that he had stayed here.

Was he not in the background making sure that your state did not get to vote on same sex marriage?
    <div>''Life's tough......it's even tougher if you're stupid.''
    -- John Wayne</div>

You are thinking of the new idjut, "Coupe" Deval Patrick.

Just before leaving office, Romney allowed for the state police to form a special group to be trained by ICE who could stop, question, detain and arrest and prosecute ILLEGALS without them having to commit a crime first. How come none of you discovered that? I can't tell you how PISSED OFF that made me when he left office and the new governor crushed the plan. Here is a letter I wrote to a local paper about it.

http://ledger.southofboston.com/article ... opin05.txt

My desk here is covered with Ron Paul buttons and my garage is full of Ron Paul banners and signs. But I still think Romney will win.

Quote Originally Posted by badlarry
    You are thinking of the new idjut, "Coupe" Deval Patrick.

Just before leaving office, Romney allowed for the state police to form a special group to be trained by ICE who could stop, question, detain and arrest and prosecute ILLEGALS without them having to commit a crime first. How come none of you discovered that? I can't tell you how PISSED OFF that made me when he left office and the new governor crushed the plan. Here is a letter I wrote to a local paper about it.

http://ledger.southofboston.com/article ... opin05.txt

My desk here is covered with Ron Paul buttons and my garage is full of Ron Paul banners and signs. But I still think Romney will win.
    I heard somewhere that Romney was being groomed/backed by Jeb Bush. I don't remember where I heard it...has anyone else heard that? If that is the case I am not interested, but I am very worried about Hellery and Obama. Romney seems very bright and might actually have integrity regarding our constitution and the rule of law.

I do love Duncan Hunter and Tom Tancredo but if they don't make it to the top tier, and if Romney is not a puppet for the bush's, I would rather see Romney President then any democrat running.
    <div>GOD - FAMILY - COUNTRY</div>

Top-tier candidates in my book are really against most of my beliefs, immigration and border control being the most urgent.
    Top Tier means corporate/big money funding. Why do we always have to settle? That's why we have Bush! If we just say Tancredo or Hunter and stick to it we can settle it in our plans and go forward. The big-money candidates have been bought and paid for, they are enemies to our American rights and our national sovereignty. We are not the united nations here, we are English-speaking Americans. I am not ashamed to say I'm sick and tired of being criticized and condemned for wanting to save my country out of the hands of invading marauders!
    We are NOT a nation of immigrants!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast