Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

South West Florida (Behind friendly lines but still in Occupied Territory)

Ron Paul: Is the Revolution Over or Just Beginning?

Is the Revolution Over or Just Beginning?
    Posted March 8th, 2008 by manystrom

by Rand Paul MD | March 8, 2008

Reports that Ron Paul has quit the Presidential Race remind me of Mark Twain's famous quote, "Reports of my death are greatly exaggerated." The Ron Paul Presidential campaign continues, albeit at a different pace.

What does that mean?

Ron Paul will continue to contest the remaining primaries. Ron Paul's name will be on all the remaining state ballots. Ron Paul volunteers are encouraged to become precinct captains, delegates to state and national conventions, and to try pass Constitutional proposals to each state's Republican platform.

For example, volunteers in each state should try to attach amendments such as the following: Republicans believe that war should only be fought after a proper Declaration of War by Congress. Another possible platform idea is that: Republican Congressmen are expected to vote against any federal budget, Republican or Democrat, that is not balanced.

Want to have some fun? Just imagine the fun when the debate begins on these ideas.

Is Ron Paul still campaigning for president? Yes. Ron Paul has tentative plans to campaign in Pennsylvania and Kentucky. Ron Paul will also likely appear in other states that have remaining primaries.

The press is reporting that Ron Paul has quit the race. This is not true. Ron Paul's video simply acknowledges that the campaign will continue but will also transform into additional activities such as education and supporting other candidates. In Kentucky we just held precinct conventions and Ron Paul Republicans won hundreds of precinct captains. In Kyle Texas, Craig Young upset the establishment choice for Republican County Chairman.

The Ron Paul Revolution lives on! Victory comes in many forms. Help shape what the Ron Paul revolution becomes.

http://www.dailypaul.com/node/41819
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Comments

Pure Political Strategy
    On March 8th, 2008 jpalmisano says:

Read between the lines folks. Good show Ron and Jesse. The MSM bought it hook, line and sinker. They finally did something FOR the Revolution. LOL

* Login or register to post comments
    * Flag as offensive

Yes perfect
    On March 8th, 2008 LionandLamb says:

In Christ,
    Dave

www.lionandlambministry.c...
    www.lionandlambtv.com
    www.lionandlambtv.com/ind...
    (Lion and Lamb's NEW Radio Station...listen)
    www.lionandlambtv.com/ind...
    (Lion and Lamb's NEW TV Station.......watch)

* Flag as offensive

Yup... they fell for it... and so will everyone else.
    On March 8th, 2008 WRellim says:

* Flag as offensive

No offense... But why are we
    On March 8th, 2008 adam1mc says:

No offense... But why are we hearing from Rand about this issue instead of the person running for president and the person being accused of dropping out?

While I appreciate Rand's thoughts, Ron Paul needs to be the one addressing us and telling us he's not dropping out. Ron Paul needs to confront the media about their lies. Ron Paul needs to hold a press conference to tell the entire Country that he has not dropped out.

Where is RON Paul in all of this? He is our leader.

* Flag as offensive

While that may seem logical
    On March 8th, 2008 wninja says:

While that may seem logical to you, you really ought to consider the unintended consequenses of those actions.

No offense, but does RP need to hold your hand all the way to the convention? Did you know that RP is a sitting Congressman??? This means he has a day job other than stroking the fur of his fans.

RP has shown you, me, and all of us what we need to do. Has told us just what we need to hear. The only thing left now is to quit whining and get out there and make a difference.

* Flag as offensive

Everyone thank Ron Paul standing up to Aipac
    On March 8th, 2008 jeffdinvt says:

Rep. Ron Paul Stands Alone (defying AIPAC) in Voting Against

On Wednesday, March 5, the U.S. House of Representatives passed H.R. 951, which condemns the ongoing Palestinian rocket attacks on Israeli civilians, holding both Iran and Syria responsible for "sponsoring terror attacks." Additionally, the resolution claims that "those responsible for launching rocket attacks against Israel routinely embed their production facilities and launch sites amongst the Palestinian civilian population, utilizing them as human shields …". For the full text of House Resolution 951, please click here: http://cnifoundation.org/...
    http://www.itszone.co.uk/...

* Flag as offensive

Rand Paul 2012!!!
    On March 8th, 2008 Lacandy says:

I love you Rand!

* Flag as offensive

Pete is Still Pissed!! Must
    On March 8th, 2008 Gin says:

Pete is Still Pissed!! Must See!!!
    This is pretty funny...I love Pete's Style

For all who want to go vote for another candidate besides Ron Paul, I have a message for you about the importance of a PROTEST VOTE!

http://www.youtube.com/wa...

* Flag as offensive

That video just about made
    On March 8th, 2008 john2k says:

That video just about made my day! At this point I see my choices for President as the following:

1. Ron Paul
    2. Someone else who is endorsed by Ron Paul
    3. Ron Paul via write-in.

There are no other options that I am willing to take. There will be no voting for one of the "lesser evils" by me!

* Flag as offensive

Crazy Like A Fox
    On March 8th, 2008 OH4DRPAUL says:

Over the last few days I have had to encourage my family and meet-up members telling them don't worry Ron Paul knows what he is doing. If he is being a little cloak and dagger it is because he is laying back so his adversaries won't attack. What is it they tell you to do if a bear 10 times your size attacks....play dead. The bear will think it has won and go away. Ron Paul is crazy like a fox, if the media and other candidates do not preceive him as a threat he is free to campaign behind the scenes unimpeded. He is also not stupidly handing out his strategy of attack like Obama who announces when and how he will attack and attempt to defeat Hillary. Does a good chess player tell his opponent the moves he intends to make? NO WAY! Ron is trusting his loyal supporters to keep working and not get downtrodden by this low key approach. Let's face it, it is public knowledge that McCain is facing a serious FEC problem that will NOT go away...and when that blows up on Insane McCain there is one guy left...OUR GUY. We are going to outflank this looney tune at the convention! Plus, if Dr. Paul continues to say "my supporters demand my presence in this race" it is the only thing that will scare the Republicans....because Ron Paul alone does not scare them, IT IS THE MILLIONS BEHIND HIM THAT HAVE THEM QUAKING IN THEIR BOOTS! Why? Because we can't be knocked out of any race, we are here to stay....and sooner or later they will have to acknowledge this, but like most sore losers they will not concede defeat easily. So just dig in your heals and make those punks drag us kicking and screaming all the way through this primary! And at the end of that they may reconsider whether or not they CAN ignore us!

Check out my Youtube for an encouraging and fun 4 minutes: http://www.youtube.com/wa...

* Flag as offensive

bump
    On March 8th, 2008 kvc says:

bump

* Flag as offensive

Thank You Rand!!!
    On March 8th, 2008 tajitj says:

We need clear info from the campaign. It is great to here your words about the situation. The troops in coming states need rallied. No reason to quit now. I appreciate the statement.

* Flag as offensive

In For The Long Haul
    On March 8th, 2008 artistsforRP says:

http://youtube.com/watch?...

just a reminder ....

April 30 the Book
    June 21 the March
    Sept 1-3 the Convention

put up signs - get bumper stickers - keep his name out there.....

* Flag as offensive

How 'ambiguous' is
    On March 8th, 2008 George Dance says:

"the campaign will continue"? How does anyone in their right mind interpret that as "I quit; it's over"?

-------------------
    George Dance
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/George_Dan ... politician)

* Flag as offensive

Why doesn't the campaign demand a retraction?
    On March 8th, 2008 LibertyVote says:

Ron Paul hasn't left the race yet the media still goes around unchecked saying that he has quit the race. Why won't the campaign demand that they issue retractions? If there is such thing as tampering with a federal election then broadcasting on national television that a candidate has left the race when he hasn't has to be about the biggest offense. No only that but all the people that have donated money and spent time working towards getting RP elected certainly are legitimately damaged by that. I'd love to see a class action over the blatant election tampering that has been going on.

* Flag as offensive

Exactly!
    On March 8th, 2008 fatima says:

Either the campaign is planning a Trogan horse or simply using the hope of RP supporters to entice them to become part of the "political process."

Otherwise, it is a very confusing and debilitating message for those who cannot commit to a lifetime of political activism.

* Flag as offensive

Why does the Gentleman protest so much?
    On March 8th, 2008 WRellim says:

Mark Twain has in fact, been dead these many years now.

And I believe the apropos response is to paraphrase Shakespeare:

The gentleman doth protest too much, methinks.
    (Hamlet, Act 3, Scene 2)

If the campaign actually HAD been active over the past several weeks, then there would be NO NEED for such "statements" as the EVIDENCE would bear out the truth of the matter.

And for good measure let us bring in some Biblical passages as well:

Let your 'Yes' mean 'Yes,' and your 'No' mean 'No.' Anything more is from the evil one. -- Matthew 5:24

And by their fruits you will know:

Ye shall know them by their fruits. Do men gather grapes of thorns, or figs of thistles? -- Matthew 7:16

And finally, the parable of the two sons:

But what think ye? A certain man had two sons; and he came to the first, and said, Son, go work to day in my vineyard. He answered and said, I will not: but afterward he repented, and went. And he came to the second, and said likewise. And he answered and said, I go, sir: and went not. Whether of them twain did the will of his father? They say unto him, The first. -- Matthew 21:21:28-31a

So all "words" and "assurances" aside -- if the EVIDENCE of the coming days matches OR contrasts the evidence of the past several weeks -- then we will have our answer.

* Flag as offensive

Full steam ahead!
    On March 8th, 2008 dmarie340 says:

Just like I posted to "Confused Precinct Leader" full steam ahead. I am still most optomistic that Dr. Paul can be President Paul come November elections.

And, the rEVOLution is JUST BEGINNING!

* Flag as offensive

Why can't Ron Paul say this?
    On March 8th, 2008 SteveH says:

No offense intended, I love Ron Paul and have been a fan of him since I began studying libertarianism 5 years ago and jumped at the chance to help his campaign when he fulfilled my long-time dream by running for President.

But, why do his video messages have to be so ambiguous? Why can't he just say "I recognize we will not win, however I will stay in the race in order to accomplish A and do that by means of activity B." It would save a lot of needless handwringing and arguing over what he meant by us at the grassroots.

* Flag as offensive

I totally agree with what
    On March 8th, 2008 wninja says:

I totally agree with what others have said. But if i could add one thing, i'd say posturing. A great majority of politics is posturing. He cannot be seen as "silly, wild eyed chasing after the POTUS" It opens him up for further attack. Remember that assault Kucinich underwent prior to his droppng out? IMO this move forced the MSM to fire both barrels, but at this range or time distance from the convention, damage is minimal. If he pressed on believe me the damage could be worse. He would have to spend what little money we have just to defend himself up to the convention. The conservative thing to do is not be a target, something the Neo-cons don't get.

* Flag as offensive

How 'ambiguous' is
    On March 8th, 2008 George Dance says:

"the campaign will continue"? How does anyone in their right mind interpret that as "I quit; it's over"?

I think the problem here is with the media, and the idea of the 'credibility gap' - that, by definition, a politician does not say what he means, and the pundits have to interpret the latter for us.

-------------------
    George Dance
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/George_Dan ... politician)

* Flag as offensive

Because
    On March 8th, 2008 ItsNowOrNever says:

Picture this: Put yourself in Washington in his position. He is getting hammered about dropping out. You know he is. He has been for over a year now.

He has said all along it is not ME, it is them. They are the ones who determine what happens.

So he is still saying that. It is up to us what happens. Quit looking to him and look to yourself. If we need him because we elect him President, he will be there for us. That is what he is saying. That is why he cannot say what you want him to say.

* Flag as offensive

Is America ready for the Constitution yet?
    On March 8th, 2008 momof6 says:

Because until the day Americans can recognize what they really need and work to get it by their own efforts, they won't be ready for it. I am personally glad to support a candidate who is humble. Never once has he said he deserves the Presidency, or used any time effort or money to sell himself. As he has said over and over, the message of freedom is popular, but he is not the message, he is the messenger. Now that the media has tried to discredit the messenger to those who are still unaware of the state of our Republic, it is up to us to be the messengers of freedom.

Saying he won't be President is no different from the day he filed papers to run. What really surprises me is the candidates who were willing to drop out at the whispers of failure. They thought they were such an obvious choice that when the victory was no longer obvious, they quit. Any one of them could beat McCain without doing anything other than staying in the race because he has no support, but they caved at media pressure. Would they have run their Presidency by polls too?

George Washington became our first President because Americans trusted him. He didn't seek the office, he didn't want the office, but when called, he answered. I feel the same is true of Dr. Ron Paul.

* Flag as offensive

I agree

This is exactly what it is all about. Thank you, thank you.

* Flag as offensive

We Need Alan Greenspan
    On March 8th, 2008 IMissLiberty says:

We should ask Alan Greenspan to interpret what Ron Paul means.

IMissLiberty

* Flag as offensive

you

are confusing me. I don't get this. Is Alan Greenspan the great interpreter? I don't get it.

* Flag as offensive

Because his race isn't over
    On March 8th, 2008 GoldenRule says:

He needs us supporters to silently infiltrate.

* Flag as offensive

Here is Ron Paul's reason:
    On March 8th, 2008 Gene Koszio says:

for not saying: "I recognize we will not win.." Dr. Ron Paul will win and become the next President of the United States of America in 2008. Otherwise he would not remain in the race to campaign, make speeches, collect campaign funds, have his supporters continue to canvass, etc. He is not a fool nor has he exhibited any desire for chicanery in this campaign or any other.

I challenge anyone to provide a single word, sentence or phrase emitted or uttered by Ron Paul himself that would indicate he will not win this election.

* Flag as offensive

Where did you find this?
    On March 8th, 2008 truthy says:

Please post a link. I did not see this on the official campaign website.

* Flag as offensive

Rand sent it to me
    On March 8th, 2008 manystrom says:

Sorry, should have made that clear. Rand Paul sent this to me and asked me to post it.

* Flag as offensive

Michael, thanks a million times
    On March 8th, 2008 dodobogo says:

For posting this from Rand Paul. It should certainly rest the Ron Paul supporters minds and I do believe they will have a much better weekend by reading and hearing this. We, in Lake Jackson, Tx. know that Dr. Paul is still running full force ahead by talking personally to Carol Paul. However, Rand Paul has confirmed this, thanks to you and should put minds to rest. Thanks again Michael and to you Rand also.

DO RUN RON!!!!!

* Flag as offensive

Thank you......
    On March 8th, 2008 IZZY4RON says:

for making my day much better. This is great news. I wish Dr. Paul was the one telling us this but I still believe this to be true. Dr. Paul Real Hope For America

Great news
    On March 8th, 2008 oldhickory says:

Thank you.

--------------------------
    "I killed the banks"

Thanks Rand!
    On March 8th, 2008 iehuvihs says:

You know some fools actually believed CNN! This should clear up the issue.

Including Benton?
    On March 8th, 2008 fatima says:

Calling your fellow supporters "fools" isn't very constructive.

Awesome...
    On March 8th, 2008 pegarizona says:

Thank you!

"If humanity can grasp the basic concept of 'Infinite Diversity In Infinite Combinations', and then accept it for what it is, then there may yet be hope. If not, then the destruction of mankind, at it's own hand, is inevitable." - Anonymous

http://www.dailypaul.com/node/41819
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

The candidates of the globalist still have a long haul ahead of them. It may have had advantages to have a long campaign as they seem to be able to afford it in cash. It still leaves a long time to keep up the smoke and mirrors.

I'm counting nine months until the elections. I'm not exactly sure of the math but that must be long time in dog years.

Doctor Ron Paul 2008!!!!!

Ron Paul !!!

Ron Paul's legacy will be a generation of upcoming politicians that are inspired by his philosophies. If they can get elected with those philosophies, Ron Paul will be a stronger force in the future. No doubt people are fed up with the options weve been provided...
    287(g) + e-verify + SSN no match = Attrition through enforcement

Ron Paul has inspired a lot of people to enter politics and his books,speeches and video's have taught them what Democracy really is and what must be done to restore our country.

Thank You Dr. Paul for leading the R3volution and showing the way to millions of frustrated Americans.

GO RON PAUL !!!
    "A Government big enough to give you everything you want,is strong enough to take everything you have"* Thomas Jefferson