Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Ron Paul second place in Louisiana

http://news.yahoo.com/s/afp/20080124/ts ... 0124005323

McCain wins Louisiana caucus: preliminary results Wed Jan 23, 7:53 PM ET

WASHINGTON (AFP) - Senator John McCain has won the Republican party's caucuses in Louisiana while longshot candidate Ron Paul took second place, the state party said Wednesday, citing preliminary results.

Former Massachusetts governor Mitt Romney, a leading candidate for the Republican nomination, came in third, Louisiana Republican party Chairman Roger Villere said in a statement.

"I offer my congratulations Senator John McCain on his success in the Louisiana caucuses," Villere said in a statement.

"Senator McCain is an American hero and this is further evidence that he enjoys strong support in Louisiana and throughout the South," he said.

Villere did not release any figures from the caucuses held Tuesday evening, stressing that that the results were preliminary.

The Louisiana contest, however, is not a battleground state in the race for the Republican nomination as candidates have focused on bigger prizes in South Carolina and Florida.

McCain, who won the New Hampshire primary earlier this month, took first place in the South Carolina contest on January 19.

Romney has captured Wyoming, Michigan and Nevada, while former Arkansas governor Mike Huckabee won the Iowa caucus on January 3.

Republicans are now campaigning hard in Florida, which holds a crucial primary Tuesday that has become a do-or-die contest for former New York mayor Rudolph Giuliani, who has focused his campaing in the large southern state.

A new Florida poll by the St. Petersburg Times on Wednesday showed McCain leading the state with 25 percent, followed by Romney with 23 percent. Giuliani trailed at 15 percent.

?

"longshot candidate" takes second in Neveda and LA?

Is the Ghoul a longshot candidate?

Also, read up on this -- some shennanigans went down. Ron was suppose to win Neveda, Mitt does (can someone say busing poeple in) and Ron was suppose to win LA, yet McCain does? hmmm. Read up on it, and draw your own conclusions. Ron supporters outnumbered all others, by many accounts, almost 3 to 1 in most if not all districts, yet McCain wins. The GOP is corrupt and they are just turning into a different side of the dems. Big government, big taxes, foreign nation building, and amnesty..

so, .... what do us true republicans do?

Quote Originally Posted by BrightNail
    ?

"longshot candidate" takes second in Neveda and LA?

Is the Ghoul a longshot candidate?

Also, read up on this -- some shennanigans went down. Ron was suppose to win Neveda, Mitt does (can someone say busing poeple in) and Ron was suppose to win LA, yet McCain does? hmmm. Read up on it, and draw your own conclusions. Ron supporters outnumbered all others, by many accounts, almost 3 to 1 in most if not all districts, yet McCain wins. The GOP is corrupt and they are just turning into a different side of the dems. Big government, big taxes, foreign nation building, and amnesty..

so, .... what do us true republicans do?
    Who are you referring to as a "Ghoul" ???

W
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

I think that "Ghoul" is short for "Ghouliani" or "Guiliani."

Ostrich

xyz
    From what I understand..the delegates were chosen
    The delegates will have to support the candidate who is chosen on Feb 5
    I believe the McCain/Paul/Romney is more of an endorsement than a vote..
    It will still be decided on Feb 5
    Anyone know any different about Louisiana Caucus?
    This was just for delegates and endorsement
    But I still say:
    Congratulations Ron Paul

Paul is done,his staying in the race only helps mccain-sorry fellas no disrespect to you or Paul but its time to go.

I disagree. As a supporter of Ron Paul, my vote will go to no one else. Not in the primaries and not in the general election. On the ballot or not I will be voting for Ron Paul as a write in...and I know MANY other supports who feel the exact same way. So don't count on RP supporters to vote for whatever neocon the GOP puts up.

I have decided that I will not longer vote for the "lesser of two evils". In my mind there is one candidate and one candidate only who wants what is best for this Country and quite frankly the only one that gives us hope of saving it at all.

Now I know what is coming so save it....I will be handing it to the democratic candidate, blah, blah, blah. I have long since come to the conclusion that liberal democrat or neocon republican there is really no difference (the lesser of two evils is still evil). The destination is the same...the only thing that changes is by what means and speed we reach the destination, which is the destruction of this country economically, socially, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by DHolmes7
    Paul is done,his staying in the race only helps mccain-sorry fellas no disrespect to you or Paul but its time to go.
    Actually I think it is time for Huckaby to go, he is the one helping McCain by taking votes from Romney.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

I won't vote for anyone else and I'm tired of being told how to vote. I've voted for Pat everytime he ran and I'm glad I did. Did you waste your vote voting for Dole or Bush, how about Bush two?

From what I've read about the LA caucus, Paul came in second place because of some last minute manuevering by caucus goers who didn't support him. They combined their supporters to beat Paul so the 20 delegates decided by the caucus will ultimately go to whichever candidate wins the primary and it won't be Ron Paul.

This is yet another reason why caucuses should be done away with altogether. They are undemocratic and inherently susceptible to fringe groups that have a lot more free time, enthusiasm, and money than actual support.

Your comment will undoubtedly fall on deaf ears and you will probably be blamed for Paul not doing well in the primaries because of your defeatest attitude.