Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

South West Florida (Behind friendly lines but still in Occupied Territory)

Ron Paul - War, Dead Currency Causing US Demise

The crumbling U.S. empire

Posted: March 16, 2008
    6:57 pm Eastern

© 2008

House Democrats recently adopted a budget with massive tax hikes, many of which are directed at those Americans who can least afford them.

By allowing the Bush tax cuts to expire in 2010, this budget will raise income taxes not only on those in the highest income brackets, but raises the lowest bracket from 10 percent to 15 percent as well. Estates would again be taxed at 55 percent. The child tax credit would drop from $1,000 to $500. Senior citizens relying on investment income would be hurt by increases in dividend and capital gains taxes. It's not just that the Democrats want to raises taxes on the rich; they want to raises taxes on everybody.

The problem is, policing the world is expensive, and if elected officials insist upon continuing to fund our current foreign policy, the money has to come from somewhere. The wars in Iraq and Afghanistan have already cost us more than $1 trillion.

The Democrats' budget gives the president all the funding he needs for his foreign policy, so one wonders how serious they ever were about ending the war. While Democrats propose to tax and spend, many Republicans aim to borrow and spend, which hurts the taxpayer just as much in the long run.

Supporting a welfare state is expensive as well. More than half of our budget goes to mandatory entitlements. The total cost of government now eats up more than half of our national income, as calculated by Americans for Tax Reform, and government is growing at an unprecedented rate. Our current financial situation is completely untenable, and the worst part is, as government is becoming more and more voracious, the economy is shrinking.

The bottom line is that Washington has a serious spending addiction. While both parties debate how to raise the revenue, both parties seem happy to spend more than $3 trillion of your money in various ways.

While some in Washington criticize the war in Iraq, very few are criticizing the interventionist mindset that got us into the war in the first place. Many so-called "Iraq war critics" criticize this administration rather than truly oppose the decades-old policies that led to war. They claim they will eventually get the troops out of Iraq, but the danger is that they simply plan to move them around to other countries, not bring them home. The American people want peace. Minding our own business is the best way to achieve it. Not only is it also a whole lot cheaper, but free trade and friendship with other countries benefits all involved.

This spending spree is exactly the wrong policy for an economy on the brink of recession. History has shown that all empires eventually crumble under a worthless currency and with an exhausted military.

Since too many of our nation's leaders haven't taken the time to learn from history, we are seeing mistakes repeated through recently enacted policies such as the new House budget.

http://www.worldnetdaily.com/index.php? ... geId=59138
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

South West Florida (Behind friendly lines but still in Occupied Territory)
    Comments

+4 diggs by usna1968 14 hours ago
    "The system is BROKEN... and CAN NOT be fixed!"... I love Ron Paul and all he stands for but even he couldn't stop the momentum of the empire's decline.
    View 1 reply to this comment (most popular has 1 digg)

+13 diggs by flohoff60 14 hours ago
    We are at a crossroads in this country. People need to wake up. Ron Paul is a statesman. The Thomas Jefferson of our day.

+5 diggs by jschooling 10 hours ago
    Ron Paul speaks the truth...and God is soverign.

-3 diggs by drsanto 9 hours ago
    I do ***NOT*** support Ron Paul's desire to remove troops from Iraq. Rather, if Iran does not leave off of the development of Nuclear weapons, I believe we need to attack them.

Even so, Ron Paul is our best candidate for President.

DRS

+6 diggs by Ruler4you 6 hours ago
    I read a lot of whining but few suggestions for improvement. Every unhappy slob out there has an opinion and R.Paul is no different. But he is in the know more than the rest of us and I still didn't read any suggestions for improvement.
    I got complaints. Hell, we all got complaints.
    What R. Paul failed to mention is that it's politicians that have done this to America and Americans by dividing us up into paltry demographic groups and pitting us against one another. Until Americans begin to look at the future, theirs and the general populations as being connected and the need to work and build as Americans then this country is over with.
    Politicians don't care because they will have theirs no matter what. Americans are smart, but I can't believe they can't see this.
    +4 diggs by Darel99 5 hours ago

Well, It's nice to see that WND has joined with RP but I question the motive. Was his addition just to save face? I think it's a vaild point becuase I started watching web traffic and ranking at WND begin to fall the day after Farah opposed Paul..... Regardless of WND motive more people will get to hear the message of peace and liberty and that's a great thing.

In regards to Ron's article which i read everyweek it's hard to discount his wisdom.

I noticed over the weeekend Paul now controlls over 90 of the states del to the national convention.
    +1 diggs by AThoughtOrTwo 5 hours ago
    I will probably vote for Ron Paul in November. The only part of his message I don't completely understand is this:
    HOW, WHEN does he expect to pull OUT of Iraq? Just get elected and the next day tell them to come home? I mean, that would be catastrophic, wouldn't it? As for ending some of those 'world wide commitments' - I'm all for it. We should have been out of Kosovo YEARS AGO. HOW MANY bases do we have in Germany, Japan and others? And how many could we possibly NEED?

+7 diggs by RPliberty 5 hours ago
    Hey (drsanto), the threat is not Iran's potential nukes but rather their intention to sell their oil for Euros. Just ask Sadaam how that turned out. The greenback is the "reserve" currency for oil. Selling oil for Euros would end American dominance and consequently the empire.
    [below viewing threshold, show comment]

-6 diggs by Ricky2saveyou 4 hours ago

Ron Paul says, "American people want peace. Minding our own business is the best way to achieve it. Not only is it also a whole lot cheaper, but free trade and friendship with other countries benefits all involved."

Tell that to the terrorists! 99% of my military colleagues in Iraq completely disagree. I like Paul, but his national defense policy is only good to "save money" but not "secure America." Our forefathers could have never fathomed our modern times and Islamo-fascism. We must do more than build up our borders. We MUST make our presence in the Middle East known as a deterrent to future 9/11's.

Pulling U.S. military completely out of the Middle East, will only provide Iran or other Muslim extremists ability to take over Iraq, Afghanistan, and, what the heck, Pakistan. Having no allies in the world (especially Israel) and WAIT until Muslim extremists like the Taliban, Hezbollah, Hamas, etc. build up and permeate so much of the Middle East from the aid of “friendly nationsâ€
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

I agree with some of Ron Pauls views but sometimes wars are nesicary.Like when we are attacked.

Quote Originally Posted by LuvMyCountry
    I agree with some of Ron Pauls views but sometimes wars are nesicary.Like when we are attacked.
    He agrees with that emphatically. But Iraq did not attack us.

I used to believe the propoganda too, 30 years ago you could insert the word "communist" into all that rhetoric.

They attacked America because America has a seriously Terrorism is always the result of occupation. And terrorism always stops when the occupiers leave.

If the hordes of Muslims come here, we will fight them and be home in time for dinner.
    "Always vote for principle, though you may vote alone, and you may cherish the sweetest reflection that your vote is never lost." -- John Quincy Adams

Quote Originally Posted by AngelaTC
    Quote Originally Posted by LuvMyCountry
    He agrees with that emphatically. But Iraq did not attack us.

I used to believe the propoganda too, 30 years ago you could insert the word "communist" into all that rhetoric.

They attacked America because America has a seriously Terrorism is always the result of occupation. And terrorism always stops when the occupiers leave.

If the hordes of Muslims come here, we will fight them and be home in time for dinner.
    I have heard Ron Paul talk as if its our fault we were attacked on 9/11.I also believe Iraq was a real threat seeing as how we know that the sanctions were going to be lifted and that it would have been nothing for him to start up his nuclear capabilities.I do not buy into the ocupation therory.These people are religious fanatics and will look for any excuse to fight a jihad.This is where I have the problem with Ron Paul.Have you heard of The freedom force?If not google it and read,I believe alot of what is happening is answered on this site.I believe this is where I agree with him.As a string conservitive who has given up his Republican card I am in search of another alternative but Ron Paul isnt it.By the way,Hordes of Muslims are coming here along with millions of illegals and we Americans do nothing so what makes you think we have the guts to fight off the Musslums anymore?I dont mean to be a jerk because I respect your opinion and the fact that we are both in the fight to save our beloved country not to mention on the same side.