Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Royal Wedding: Mexican Teen Turned Back at UK Airport

Royal Wedding: Mexican Teen Turned Back at UK Airport:

AP2011

Feb. 18: Mexican citizen Estibalis Chavez paints a portrait of Britain's Prince William and his fiancée Kate Middleton outside the British Embassy in Mexico City

Published April 26, 2011

Fox News Latino

A Mexican teenager desperate to see Prince William and Kate Middleton get hitched has hit another snag on her way to the altar.

British immigration officials in London have turned away Estibalis Chavez, 19, who staged a hunger strike outside the British Embassy in Mexico City for 16 days in February in an unsuccessful bid to wrangle an invitation to the royal wedding.

Octavio Fitch Lazo, a lobbyist who was moved by Chavez's determination and paid for her plane ticket to London, said Monday that the teen told him she had been sent back to Spain. Fitch said customs officers told her she didn't have enough money or a safe place to stay for the three-week trip she had planned.

Chavez, who hopes to at least catch sight of some of the royal festivities outside Westminster Abbey for Friday's wedding, could not be reached for comment.

Fitch said the teen was told she could enter England if she found someone to pick her up at the airport. He said Chavez was now reaching out to journalists in Madrid, where she is staying with people she met while stopping over on the way to London.

Chavez flew out of Mexico City on Thursday, almost two months after she was rejected outside the embassy with a letter from a representative of Prince William.

Many Mexicans had mocked Chavez and called her the "crazy lady of the embassy" while she starved at her lonely tent in February.

Chavez said her fascination with Britain's royals dates back to her childhood. Her father, Pedro Chavez, told her that her mother, who died giving birth to Chavez, adored Princess Diana, Prince William's mother.

Fitch, who lobbies Mexico's congress to adopt silver coinage, lent Chavez $1,250 (15,000 pesos) for a flight to London. He also drove her from the slums north of Mexico City, where she lives with her aunt, to the airport Thursday.

He said he had received three emails from Chavez. The first said simply: "help me."

"She is going to try to go back to England," Fitch said. "So far, we don't know how she is going to do it."

Based on reporting by The Associated Press.

http://latino.foxnews.com/latino/lifest ... k-airport/
    When you aid and support criminals, you live a criminal life style yourself:

British immigration officials in London have turned away Estibalis Chavez, 19, who staged a hunger strike outside the British Embassy in Mexico City for 16 days in February in an unsuccessful bid to wrangle an invitation to the royal wedding.
    Chavez may not go back to Mexico.

Don't do it britian ( mod edit) their very hard to get rid of!

Fitch, who lobbies Mexico's congress to adopt silver coinage, lent Chavez $1,250 (15,000 pesos) for a flight to London. He also drove her from the slums north of Mexico City, where she lives with her aunt, to the airport Thursday.
    He LENT her the money?!?! In a previous article it stated that he paid for her ticket (I took it to mean it was a gift). She lives in the slums, how could she possibly pay him back? What an idiot!

Good for England! Anyone who shows up without enough money or a place to stay will most likely become a squatter and they'd never get rid of her. She should use her return ticket to fly back home. Looks like she's Spain's problem now.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)
    "

immigrants

My goodness, how pushy they have become. They think all the world is as soft as the USA.

have not heard anymore about this, I wonder if shes plans to stay in Spain?

Quote Originally Posted by busygirl
    I too would like to know where did she go after London immigration officials rejected her stay.

MEXICO CITY - Estibalis Chavez staged a hunger strike and flew twice to London in her quest to see Prince William and Kate Middleton tie the knot.

But there was no fairy tale ending Friday for the Mexican teenager, whose widely publicized desperate quest drew both sympathy and scorn from her countrymen.

Chavez, 19, said British immigration officials in London turned her away at the airport Thursday, saying she didn't have enough money for a safe place to stay for her trip. Officials gave a similar reason for deporting her when she first tried to enter Britain on April 22.

"They didn't let me enter because they thought I was crazy," Chavez told The Associated Press by telephone Friday from Spain.

Chavez staged a hunger strike outside the British Embassy in Mexico City for 16 days in a failed bid to wrangle an invitation to the wedding. She was ultimately rejected outside the embassy with a letter from a representative of Prince William.

Although many Mexicans mocked Chavez, one man, lobbyist Octavio Fitch Lazo, was moved by her determination and paid for her first plane ticket to London.

Chavez has said her fascination with Britain's royals dates back to her childhood. Her father, Pedro Chavez, told her that her mother, who died giving birth to Chavez, adored the late Princess Diana, Prince William's mother.

The teenager said she caught parts of the wedding on television but couldn't bear to watch the whole thing.

She said she now regrets her drastic bid for an invite.

"I made myself seem crazy," Chavez said. "If I hadn't gone on the hunger strike, maybe I could have entered England."

http://www.winnipegfreepress.com/world/ ... 04244.html

They didn't let me enter because they thought I was crazy
    I wonder how they could think that.

She's still in Spain, didn't mention when she was leaving.

Quote Originally Posted by Pisces_2010
    Quote Originally Posted by busygirl
    I too would like to know where did she go after London immigration officials rejected her stay.
    "You already know!" the land of the free!
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast