Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Rumsfeld Friend Named L.A. Times Publisher

http://www.newsmax.com/archives/ic/2006 ... 0221.shtml
    Monday, Oct. 9, 2006 8:57 p.m. EDT
    Rumsfeld Friend Named L.A. Times Publisher

Liberals in Hollywood aren’t jumping for joy after learning more about the new publisher of their local newspaper, the Los Angeles Times.

David Hiller, who was named publisher by the Times’ parent Tribune Co. on Oct. 5, was a friend of Defense Secretary Donald Rumsfeld and an advocate of "concentration camps” for illegal immigrants.

The Times’ profile of its new publisher mentioned only his "two years at the Reagan Justice Department (where his colleagues included current Chief Justice John G. Roberts and former New York Mayor Rudolph Giuliani)” without detailing his work there.

But an investigation by LA Weekly turned up plenty of details. During Hiller’s tenure at the Justice Department, the Reagan administration was attempting to deal with a sudden surge in Haitian and Southeast Asian refugees and the wake of Cuba’s Mariel boatlift.

A Reagan presidential task force on immigration and refugee policy "decided to recommend that the Reagan administration take drastic action to prevent any new flood of Cuban and Haitian refugees into Florida by stopping boats on the high seas and detaining the newcomers in what they recognize could be called ‘concentration camps,’” according to a Washington Post article at the time, which was uncovered by LA Weekly’s Nikki Fink.

Story Continues Below

"The task force option paper [was] prepared by David Hiller, a special assistant to Attorney General William French Smith.” According to Fink, Hiller was instrumental in "dealing with all sorts of policy initiatives including plans for mass deportations back to Mexico of Mexicans in the U.S., illegal alien internment camp proposals, calls for indefinite imprisonment for Cuban boatlift refugees, and national ID cards.”

Fink also unearthed a 2001 Chicago Tribune story revealing that liberal anathema Donald Rumsfeld was a director at Tribune Co. and a "friend” of Hiller, who was then president of Tribune Interactive.

The paper reported that Hiller often played squash with Rumsfeld, whom Hiller called "one of the most competitive son-of-a-guns I have ever stepped on the court with.”

Does Hiller’s appointment as publisher of the Times foreshadow a rightward turn in the paper’s editorial stance?

Fink opines: "Ever since the 2003 California gubernatorial-recall campaign, when the paper published its election-eve Schwarzenegger groping allegations, right-wing media and bloggers have ganged up to savage the paper’s politics, all the while persuading conservatives to flee the LAT subscriber base in anecdotal droves.

"The flight did not go unnoticed at Tribune Co., and it has continued to obsess management even now.”
    I stay current on Americans for Legal Immigration PAC's fight to Secure Our Border and Send Illegals Home via E-mail Alerts (CLICK HERE TO SIGN UP)

JP
    is he a member of the CFR?
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by 2ndamendsis
    JP

Yep
    http://www.chicagotribune.com

So is/was Rumsfeld.
    http://www.worldnetdaily.com/news/artic ... E_ID=44841

Who are some of the past and present members of this anti-American operation? Dick Cheney, Condoleezza Rice, Colin Powell, Donald Rumsfeld, Porter Goss, Alan Greenspan, John Bolton, Paul Wolfowitz, Gen. Richard B. Myers, Henry Hyde, Jimmy Carter, Bill Clinton, George Bush Sr., Sandra Day O'Connor, George Soros, Christopher Dodd, Diane Feinstein, Gerald Ford, Bill Frist, Newt Gingrich, Ruth Bader Ginsburg, Katherine Harris, Teresa Heinz, Antonia Hernandez – President of Mexican American Legal Defense and Educational Fund, Gen. John P. Jumper – current Air Force chief of staff, Joseph Lieberman, John McCain, Rupert Murdock, David Rockefeller, Diane Sawyer and Tony Snow.
    I stay current on Americans for Legal Immigration PAC's fight to Secure Our Border and Send Illegals Home via E-mail Alerts (CLICK HERE TO SIGN UP)

Quote Originally Posted by jp_48504
    Quote Originally Posted by 2ndamendsis
    JP

Yep
    http://www.chicagotribune.com

So is/was Rumsfeld.
    http://www.worldnetdaily.com/news/artic ... E_ID=44841

Who are some of the past and present members of this anti-American operation? Dick Cheney, Condoleezza Rice, Colin Powell, Donald Rumsfeld, Porter Goss, Alan Greenspan, John Bolton, Paul Wolfowitz, Gen. Richard B. Myers, Henry Hyde, Jimmy Carter, Bill Clinton, George Bush Sr., Sandra Day O'Connor, George Soros, Christopher Dodd, Diane Feinstein, Gerald Ford, Bill Frist, Newt Gingrich, Ruth Bader Ginsburg, Katherine Harris, Teresa Heinz, Antonia Hernandez – President of Mexican American Legal Defense and Educational Fund, Gen. John P. Jumper – current Air Force chief of staff, Joseph Lieberman, John McCain, Rupert Murdock, David Rockefeller, Diane Sawyer and Tony Snow.

I know about Rummy. That's why I've been watching him soooooo closely for quite a long time! {I know about the above...also watching Gingrich like a hawk} These bums play one against the other beautifully but it's nothing but an act. Shoot, I'm preaching to the choir with you OH....and Sandra Day O'Connor was the first Supreme to speak of INTERNATIONAL LAW!! Quite a few years ago - I just, by chance- happened to see her give a speech and was FLOORED and pissed and knew at that exact moment we were in for major trouble!

The other, his name's new to me. How did I know, eh? Don't have to be a rocket scientist, lol, to figure that this guy had to be connected!!!!

Are you curious, JP, just how, oh let's just say unhappy, I am? {or I'll get mod edited}
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

I know sis. I really do. But we have to keep our posture while on the boards. Off site we can say what we want.

Quote Originally Posted by jp_48504
    I know sis. I really do. But we have to keep our posture while on the boards. Off site we can say what we want.
    You're such a diplomat, JP

Do you remember that comedian who used to say something like:
    "not gonna say it.....no......not gonna say it"
    I think he used a bush 1 accent?

Anyhoo..........not gonna say it

Not always a diplomat and especially at 2:30 in the morning.

I know of the comedian but I can’t think of his name. I say the same thing to myself while earning an education at a liberal college.