Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

S.C.: Columbia County forum will address new 'illegal worker

Columbia County forum will address new 'illegal workers' measure
    Friday, November 14, 2008 7:25 PM PST
    By The Daily News

Columbia County Chamber of Commerce officials will hold an informational session Saturday on a new voter-approved measure targeting employers who hire illegal aliens.

The session will take place from 10 to 11 a.m. Saturday at Ixtapa’s Mexican Restaurant in Scappoose.

Measure 5-190, which Columbia County voters approved in the Nov. 4 general election, subjects employers to $10,000 fines for knowingly hiring illegal workers.

In a statement released Thursday, the South Columbia County Chamber of Commerce, Rainier Chamber of Commerce, and state Rep. Brad Witt urged employers not to hold off responding to the measure.

The county’s lawyer says many provisions of the measure likely are illegal and the measure is likely to be challenged in court. County officials are crafting their own version of the measure and will submit it for court review. Implementation of the measure could be months away.

“There is no need for businesses to take any immediate action. The best course of action for businesses is to sit tight and take no immediate action as a result of the passage of 5-190,â€
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

FINES? HOW ABOUT JUST CLOSING THE PLACES DOWN? 10K....LOL. MANY LARGE COMPANIES HAVE THAT IN THEIR CHANGE DRAWER. AT LEAST MAKE IT 10 MILLION.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

I think they need to have a less biased mediator than the Chamber of Commerce!

“There is no need for businesses to take any immediate action. The best course of action for businesses is to sit tight and take no immediate action as a result of the passage of 5-190,â€

Quote Originally Posted by redpony353
    FINES? HOW ABOUT JUST CLOSING THE PLACES DOWN? 10K....LOL. MANY LARGE COMPANIES HAVE THAT IN THEIR CHANGE DRAWER. AT LEAST MAKE IT 10 MILLION.
    Fines, then, are not the solution. The only thing that is going to work is to have the Sheriff shut down the place of work until compliance is proven and verifiable.

Well it's all about money... Once they see that than can get 60K from almost every business.. they will go get it. they will hunt illegal employers like it was a cash cow. I say 10K is fine, You fine the local employer for 50K every other week they will get tired quick.. :P :P :P
    Ron Paul 2012

BarackObama.com, says, "To remove incentives to enter the country illegally, we need to crack down on employers that hire undocumented immigrants."

Quote Originally Posted by Speak_English
    Well it's all about money... Once they see that than can get 60K from almost every business.. they will go get it. they will hunt illegal employers like it was a cash cow. I say 10K is fine, You fine the local employer for 50K every other week they will get tired quick.. :P :P :P
    It just shows how steeply dipped in stupidity our culture has become. Risking a $10,000 fine to save $5000 in labor costs is probably 'state of the art' for this new brand of American Globalist.

If the moon landings were being attempted now, NASA would replace everyone who was a citizen with cheap foreign labor "to cut costs" and then as the rockets exploded on the pads they would blame "White Racism" for causing the explosions.

I am so sick and angry at what this country has become that I would gladly risk my life at this point to see deep and permanent change come to what was once a great country...

I'd love to see all the places that employee illegals closed, But that would hurt the legal employees, And that I wont have!
    Ron Paul 2012

BarackObama.com, says, "To remove incentives to enter the country illegally, we need to crack down on employers that hire undocumented immigrants."