Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

S.C.: Future voters may need citizenship proof

Posted on Mon, Mar. 10, 2008

Future voters may need citizenship proof

House bill would require those registering to vote show documents
    By SEANNA ADCOX - The Associated Press

Anyone registering to vote in South Carolina would have to show a passport, birth certificate or naturalization documents under a bill being pushed by Republican lawmakers.

Supporters of the bill say it will protect elections by ensuring illegal immigrants or other noncitizens can’t cast a ballot. Critics say it’s just a GOP move to hassle people who might vote for Democrats.

The measure would apply only to people registering after it becomes law, not voters already on the rolls.

“The only people stifled from voting are those who can’t legally vote,â€
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Supporters of the bill say it will protect elections by ensuring illegal immigrants or other noncitizens can’t cast a ballot. Critics say it’s just a GOP move to hassle people who might vote for Democrats.

Get real Democrats! A person who really wants to vote, will find a way WITHOUT PROBLEM to prove they are eligible to register to vote and will find a way to the polls to cast that vote!

I'm tired of this same old LAME excuse they continually use. Even a home-bound person can register because there are a lot of agencies who are willing to assist. Just look at what Hillary did in OH to get her base to vote for her there!
    From the Border Movie:

I will not sell my country out ~ I WILL NOT!
    I'd like to see that pride back in AMERICA!!!