Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

S.C. - Illegal-Immigrant ordinance moves forward

http://www.islandpacket.com/news/local/ ... 9152c.html

Illegal-Immigrant ordinance moves forward
    BY JEREMY HSIEH, The Beaufort Gazette
    Published Tuesday, October 24, 2006
    Comments (0) Add Comment
    BLUFFTON -- The Beaufort County Council took the first step in approving an ordinance that would penalize businesses for employing illegal immigrants.

The County Council unanimously approved an illegal-immigration ordinance in a first reading; the measure requires two more votes before being adopted.

Council members Mark Generales and Starletta Hairston urged the public to participate in the policy-making process. He asked the business community in particular for feedback, because the measure penalizes businesses for employing illegal immigrants through the county's business licensing program.

"For God's sake, don't let us do this in a vacuum," Generales said.

A draft of the ordinance is available online at the county's Web site, bcgov.net.
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Beaufort County Council with County Security in Mind

I commend the Beaufort County Council for unanimously passing an illegal-immigration ordinance on the first reading. In the interest of national security, I urge passage on the last two reading and then strict enforce of the ordinance.
    As a member of the Minuteman Civil Defense Corp and the State Director for F.I.R.E. Coalition here in MF, I am charged with building both organizations for the purpose of securing our borders and to support a no amnesty policy.
    Illegal aliens can be found in every section of our country. It's the courage of people in small towns and communities throughout our nation joined by those in our large cities and along the southern and northern borders that will help protect our national sovereignty.
    A no amnesty program and secure borders will assist in preventing terrorist cells, the flow of drugs, weapons and the human flesh trade across our borders. It will also stop gang activities from Central and South America. Every state, county, city, town and community is a border sovereign entity in itself. Leading by example, Beaufort County Council is on the right track.