Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Senior Member FedUpinFarmersBranch's Avatar

Saddle maker fined over immigration violations

Published May 20, 2008 11:07 pm -

Saddle maker fined over immigration violations

( AP) – A judge has ordered a saddle and tack manufacturing company in Sulphur to pay $51,000 in fines in connection with violations of immigration law.

Billy Cook pleaded guilty to two misdemeanors immigration violations and was given a $3,000 fine on each count. The 77-year-old owner of Billy Cook Harness and Saddle also was given two years of probation on each misdemeanor count.

U.S. Attorney Sheldon Sperling said Tuesday Cook agreed with his longtime employee, Rutilio Osornio, to hire illegal aliens Osornio introduced to Cook.

Osornio pleaded guilty to a misdemeanor count and was given $3,000 in fines and two years of probation.

In August 2006, a federal search warrant was executed at the business and 51 illegal aliens were found to be employed at the factory.

Defense Attorney Phil Hurst said the fine against the corporation exceeded guidelines.

“My personal viewpoint is it’s much to do about nothing,â€
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

thanks this helps, i want to buy a new saddle and i had it down to the (http://www.horsesaddleshop.com/arbuc...ch-saddle.html) Arbuckle Wade- Billy Cook or the Flagstaff from Circle Y.... it looks like the Flagstaff is the winner.

ONLY $51,000 for a company with sales over 3 million dollars

talk about a slap on the wrist

Quote Originally Posted by jamesw62
    ONLY $51,000 for a company with sales over 3 million dollars

talk about a slap on the wrist

i don't even know if i would call it an actual 'slap'... this is outragous! i'll spread the word their sales need to feel the 'slap'.

Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Scumbag, I checked and we don't have any of their saddles.
    Check your credit report regularly, an illegal may be using your Social Security number.

Thanks, but no thanks! My Stueuben 18" forward seat ("hunt") was made 30 years ago ( I bought it used) in Germany by craftsman who were/are paid well, very well. It is worth more now, five years later, than the hefty price I paid for it 5 years ago. It IS all about quality, and you don't get that paying 1-5 bucks an hour.

Case and point: Before U.S. companies began outsourcing labor, "Made in U.S.A." items commanded a premium in foreign markets (think Levi's jeans!).

We are SO [self edit]ed

April
    Quote Originally Posted by jimpasz