Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

San Francisco,Ca. to enact law requiring local hires

San Francisco to enact law requiring local hires
    The Associated Press Published: Friday, December 24, 2010 at 4:56 p.m.
    Last Modified: Friday, December 24, 2010 at 4:56 p.m.
    SAN FRANCISCO - San Francisco is about enact one of the nation's toughest ordinances requiring city officials to hire locally.

Under the ordinance, city contractors and subcontractors working on city-funded construction projects worth $400,000 or more would be required to hire at least 20 percent of its workers from San Francisco. That percentage will increase until it reaches 50 percent in seven years.

Contractors would be forced to pay penalties if they don't meet the requirement.

Neighboring counties objected to the measure, saying it would hurt workers there.

Mayor Gavin Newsom declined to veto the measure Thursday, meaning that it will go into effect next year.

Newsom expressed his concerns in the letter to supervisors and said the city should work with neighboring counties.
    http://www.houmatoday.com/article/20101 ... ocal-hires

San Francisco is still a sanctuary city. So when they say locals will be hired, do they mean that to include illegals? Or will they be checked for legal status first. Just saying.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

No illegal aliens

Quote Originally Posted by redpony353
    San Francisco is still a sanctuary city. So when they say locals will be hired, do they mean that to include illegals? Or will they be checked for legal status first. Just saying.
    No. The reason that they are doing this is because they are feeling the heat about bringing in illegal aliens that have killed people in the Bay Area of Ca.. San Francisco almost cost as much as Beverly Hills to live in, so this law would bar illegal aliens from jobs as contractors being that they mostly live in East Oakland. I have never seen an illegal alien living in San Francisco,Ca-so this is a back door ban.

Gavin "kook" Nusome has to be pissed off but like the people of Laguana Beach,Ca and Beverly Hills,Ca they are getting really tired of illegal aliens. You should read some of the stuff that is now being written against immigration in Ca. that is illegal.

oh u live there

Oh you live up there! Well if its anything like West Hollywood (where I live) and Beverly Hills the liberals are feeling bad that Americans have no jobs in those areas. Everytime you walk outside its illegal aliens

You guys need to move east of the fault line! Just from the weight of illegal aliens alone!
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Re: No illegal aliens

Quote Originally Posted by Creoleguy32
    No. The reason that they are doing this is because they are feeling the heat about bringing in illegal aliens that have killed people in the Bay Area of Ca.. San Francisco almost cost as much as Beverly Hills to live in, so this law would bar illegal aliens from jobs as contractors being that they mostly live in East Oakland. I have never seen an illegal alien living in San Francisco,Ca-so this is a back door ban.

Gavin "kook" Nusome has to be pissed off but like the people of Laguana Beach,Ca and Beverly Hills,Ca they are getting really tired of illegal aliens. You should read some of the stuff that is now being written against immigration in Ca. that is illegal.
    SF is FULL OF ILLEGALS. I know it it expensive to live here, but what illegals do is they rent a studio or small apartment and then let ten or so people live there. Believe me, the City is full of illegals. They work at the hotels.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by stevetheroofer
    You guys need to move east of the fault line! Just from the weight of illegal aliens alone!
    What you say makes sense, but I grew up in the Bay Area. It's mine and I am staying. I want illegals to leave, thats what I want.

Under the ordinance, city contractors and subcontractors working on city-funded construction projects worth $400,000 or more would be required to hire at least 20 percent of its workers from San Francisco. That percentage will increase until it reaches 50 percent in seven years.
    Are they required to be legal residents?

Quote Originally Posted by disgustedamerican
    Are they required to be legal residents?
    Not that I know of.

Sorry redpony, I know how you feel. I live on the other side of the fault line and I am waiting for the big one with all the weight from the illegals and liberals over there, then I will live on beachfront property - but don't worry I have my boat ready to come rescue you.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast