Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

California or ground zero of the invasion

San Francisco OKs Universal Health Plan

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/co ... 00030.html

San Francisco OKs Universal Health Plan

By LISA LEFF
    The Associated Press
    Wednesday, July 19, 2006; 12:32 AM

SAN FRANCISCO -- San Francisco moved closer Tuesday to becoming the nation's first city to provide health care coverage for all its residents.

The city's Board of Supervisors unanimously approved a plan that would give adults access to medical services regardless of immigration or employment status. The plan's estimated cost is $200 million a year.

Financed by local government, mandatory contributions from employers and income-adjusted premiums, the universal care plan would cover the cost of everything from checkups, prescription drugs and X-rays to ambulance rides, blood tests and operations.

Unlike health insurance, it would not pay for services obtained outside San Francisco. Participants would have to receive care at existing clinics and public hospitals and from doctors who already participate in an HMO for low- and middle-income clients.

The Board of Supervisors must vote on the plan, which has been strongly opposed by the business community, once more for it to become final.

Businesses with more than 50 employees would have to start participating next July, while smaller enterprises would begin in April 2008.
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

MW
    Can't you California folks control your lawmakers? Illegal immigrants shouldn't be involved in anything FREE (it only encourages them! Well, I guess it's not actually free, the citizen tax payers will be paying to ensure illegals get free medical coverage. Plus, I think it's crazy to think the plan can cover all California residents for only $200 million a year. Look, I'm almost certain the number of illegal aliens in this country exceeds the 11-12 million estimate we keep hearing. If I'm right, Carlifornia's numbers are probably going to be much higher than estimated. You guys in California are already in the poor house because of illegal immigration - why do you want to make it worse? I guess the governments sees this as a way to prevent any more hospital closures due to non-paying illegal immigrants. Trust me, this will end up saddled on the back of legal taxpaying citizens, not the illegals.

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ** Edmund Burke**

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts athttps://eepurl.com/cktGTn