Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

SanAntonio: Mex. restaurant sells carnes and prostitutes

s
    KENS 5 Eyewitness News
    A waitress for Las Nenas Cafe was arrested for solicitation of prostitution.

Police are warning Mexican restaurant Las Nenas Cafe to keep it to carne guisada, not sex.

The I-Team undercover video not only caught viewers' attention, it caught the attention of San Antonio police. Less than a week after the KENS story aired, customers in blue came calling and arrested a waitress accused of solicitation of prostitution.

Police say they sent undercover officers into the restaurant — vice cops who were served up much more than just lunch.

"There was some additional things that occurred outside this restaurant with our undercover detectives. And those activities, solicitation for sex acts, led to a warrant being issued for her arrest, and that's what we did here today," Police Chief William McManus said.

The restaurant owners had similar activities going on in another part of town under a different name. When Las Mariposas was closed because of parking permit troubles, they apparently moved to this new location.

Councilwoman Mary Alice Cisneros says code enforcement will be looking into ways to shut down this operation, too.

"This is a family neighborhood. Beacon Hill's complaints from the neighbors have proven that there are certain things occurring here at this restaurant that we needed to take a serious look at," Cisneros said.

Neighbors say they couldn't be happier with the turn of events.

"I have three boys. And one of my sons is 16, and he already walked in there. And I don't think it's appropriate for him to be seeing this," said Beacon Hills resident Clara Serrato.

Las Nenas employees still claim there is no dancing going on there and that the waitress was a new hire.

"We're just doing whatever we have to do. Just being waitresses. I mean, we didn't even know that girl, either. We didn't know where she lived, her number. Nothing. Nothing," Norma Hernandez said.

Police say she appears to be an undocumented immigrant, arrested with nearly $800 in tips on her.

Cisneros says the investigation isn't over, and the city's Development Services Department is looking at the restaurant's operating license.

http://www.printthis.clickability.com/p ... rID=346014

"We're just doing whatever we have to do. Just being waitresses. I mean, we didn't even know that girl, either. We didn't know where she lived, her number. Nothing. Nothing," Norma Hernandez said.

Police say she appears to be an undocumented immigrant, arrested with nearly $800 in tips on her.
    Is Norma Hernandez the one that hired her? If the resturant would have used E-Verify there would be a 99.5% chance that a illegal alien whore wouldnt be working for them.
    RIP Butterbean! We miss you and hope you are well in heaven.-- Your ALIPAC friends

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn