Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

California or ground zero of the invasion

Sandy teen jailed in Mexico; Parents worry for his life

http://www.abc4.com/local_news/local_he ... DC48467E95

Sandy teen jailed in Mexico; Parents worry for his life
    A family from Sandy is making a desperate plea to get their son out of a Mexican jail.

Tommy McDowell's parents thought he was in Las Vegas with his boss, but on Saturday, their 19-year old son called claiming he was in Ensenada and he was in jail and was being repeatedly beaten.

His parents don't know what Tommy is charged with or why he's in jail.

A woman who is apparently acquainted with the family later called left a voice mail asking for 200 dollars in cash she would need to go to Mexico and get their son out of jail, but later she called back saying she needed 500 dollars more.

Later, the woman left another phone message saying she needed 70 thousand dollars, a new truck, and a house in order to secure tommy's release.

The McDowells aren't wealthy, but members of their family do possess some substantial assets. They worry that someone knows about these assets and may be extorting them.

Tommy just graduated from Jordan High School, where he played on the football team.

Tommy's parents did get through to the FBI on Wednesday and an agent agreed to meet with them on Thursday.

Story by: Susan Wood
    susan@abc4.tv
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

California or ground zero of the invasion
    http://www.abc4.com/local_news/local_he ... 595CAC2356

Sandy teen remains in Mexican prison; Faces counterfeiting and drug charges
    The parents of a former Jordan High School athlete may have to come up with ten thousand dollars to get him out of a Mexican jail. Tommy McDowell was arrested on charges of using a fake one hundred dollar bill to buy prescription drugs in a town near Ensenada, Mexico.

Ensenada Police say he was with a group of four who tried to use the phony bill to buy the drugs. They say they found more counterfeit money and sixty pills in a pickup truck with Utah license plates. McDowells parents describe that truck as Tommy's.

Even though he may have made a mistake, his parents are trying to do anything they can to bring him back to the U.S.

Dawn McDowell says, "He did something wrong, but we love him and we want to bring him back."

But legal experts say once a person travels to another country, they are bound by that country's laws. Philadelphia attorney Richard Atkins, says, "When you go to a foreign country the U.S. Constitution doesn't follow you there."

The McDowells say Atkins has agreed to find a reputable attorney in Mexico to help their son through the court process. If he is found guilty of the crimes, the attorney would request a transfer back to the U.S. correctional system. But they say Atkins is asking for ten thousand dollars to hold for expenses.

That's money the McDowells say they don't have, but they're willing to do anything they can to get him back.

Tommy's parent's are already wary of paying out a lot of money for their son's release. Earlier this week, the received voice messages from a woman who claimed to be working to get Tommy out of jail. The woman first asked for 200, then 500 dollars. She eventually left a terse message demanding much, much more.

In that message, the woman can be heard saying she needed:

"70 thousand dollars, a new truck and a new house."

The woman went on to say:

"You've got millions and millions, lets go there. Sell more; give more, but you don't get nothing for free. I'm sorry. I'll visit your son one more time and I'm outta here."

ABC 4 contacted a U.S. State Department official in Washington D.C. who said there's little they can do.

Dawn McDowell believes her son is getting beat up in the Mexican jails. She fears his life is in danger.

"We want him to pay for what he did. We just don't want him hurt anymore."

Story by: Susan Wood
    susan@abc4.tv
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

jailed in Mexico

But legal experts say once a person travels to another country, they are bound by that country's laws. Philadelphia attorney Richard Atkins, says, "When you go to a foreign country the U.S. Constitution doesn't follow you there."
    So why aren't illegal aliens in THIS country, bound by our laws?

Tommy's parent's are already wary of paying out a lot of money for their son's release. Earlier this week, the received voice messages from a woman who claimed to be working to get Tommy out of jail. The woman first asked for 200, then 500 dollars. She eventually left a terse message demanding much, much more.

In that message, the woman can be heard saying she needed:

"70 thousand dollars, a new truck and a new house."

The woman went on to say:

"You've got millions and millions, lets go there. Sell more; give more, but you don't get nothing for free. I'm sorry. I'll visit your son one more time and I'm outta here."
    So who's the extortionist?
    TIME'S UP!
    Why should <u>only</u> AMERICAN CITIZENS and LEGAL immigrants, have to obey the law?!

Americans are being targeted and kidnapped for ransom at an alarming rate. The FBI had better do something or this kid won't come home.
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Senior Member NoIllegalsAllowed's Avatar
    Can't the parents or someone they know go to Mexico and bribe his way out of the jail and bring him back?
    Free Ramos and Compean NOW!

I have lived in Arizona my entire life and never stepped foot in Mexico for this very reason. Everybody here goes for spring break, summer vacation second home, cheaper prescriptions, etc. But I have always been very scared about the drugs and crime. But hey, now Mexico's drugs and crime problems have come to me so I guess I don't feel so left out. lol