Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Say Goodbye to the Glowbama Mystique

Say Goodbye to the Glowbama Mystique
    By Michelle Malkin

Barack Obama—the self-anointed soul-fixing, nation-healing political Messiah—has lost his glow. That is the takeaway from the beleaguered Democratic presidential candidate's "major" speech in Philadelphia yesterday. [Text|Video]

For all of his supposedly unique and transcendent understanding of race in America, Obama's talk amounted to the same old, same old. The Glowbama mystique has gone the way of the Emperor's clothes. Instead of accountability, we got excuses. Instead of disavowal of demagoguery, we got whacked with the moral equivalence card. Instead of rejecting the Blame America mantra of left-wing black nationalism, we got more Blame Whitey. Same old, same old.

For two decades, Obama tethered himself to a fire-breathing pastor peddling bitter Marxist "black liberation theology" in the name of God. Behind the "audacity of hope" was a grievance-mongering preacher animated by the voracity of hate. And understand this: The Reverend Jeremiah Wright and Barack Obama were not merely passing "associates." They were mentor and mentee, guru and student, with fates and fortunes intertwined.

For two decades, while using the church to build his Chicago power base and credibility in the black community, Obama turned a deaf ear to Wright's AIDS conspiracy theories, class warfare rants, anti-Israel, anti-white raves, and "God damn America" diatribes. These weren't occasional outbursts. They were the bread and butter of the Trinity United Church of Christ. Now, Obama blames "talk show hosts and conservative commentators" for exposing Wright's race-based rancor. Audacious, indeed.

On Friday, Obama attempted to minimize the extent to which he had been exposed to Wright's poisonous politicking on the pulpit. "None of these statements were ones that I had heard myself personally in the pews," he told Major Garrett of Fox News. "The other statements were ones that I just heard about while we were—when they started being run on FOX and some of the other stations. And so they weren't things that I was familiar with."

Yesterday, Obama changed his tune: "I have already condemned, in unequivocal terms, the statements of Rev. Wright that have caused such controversy. For some, nagging questions remain. Did I know him to be an occasionally fierce critic of American domestic and foreign policy? Of course. Did I ever hear him make remarks that could be considered controversial while I sat in church? Yes."

The clever Sen. Obama has attempted to erect a firewall of protection from probing questions about which remarks he heard and tolerated and failed to object to while sitting in the pews. Dwelling on what he knew and where and when, he argued yesterday, would be "to simplify and stereotype and amplify the negative to the point that it distorts reality."

But it is Obama's pastor ("former" pastor, he is so quick to point out now, though he is a two-decade-long mentor) who holds a warped view of reality. And it is Obama who distorts the truth by likening this Ward Churchill of the United Church of Christ to an avuncular, yet lovable, family member who cannot easily be renounced:

"I can no more disown him than I can disown the black community. I can no more disown him than I can my white grandmother—a woman who helped raise me, a woman who sacrificed again and again for me, a woman who loves me as much as she loves anything in this world, but a woman who once confessed her fear of black men who passed by her on the street, and who on more than one occasion has uttered racial or ethnic stereotypes that made me cringe."

Glad to know something made Obama cringe.

Even as he denied that he was justifying and excusing Wright's demagoguery, Obama was doing just that by invoking slavery, Jim Crow, segregated schools, violence in the inner city and, yes, denial of access to FHA mortgages, to explain how we get to Wright spewing "God damn America" on Sunday morning.

"These people are a part of me. And they are a part of America, this country that I love," Obama declared rather stiffly as he stood self-consciously in front of more American flags that he has ever been placed in front of this campaign season.

Well, you can't pick your grandma, but you can pick your pastor. And Obama picked the wrong one if he aspires to be the president of all America—an America that includes citizens of all colors who cringe at self-serving racial rationalizations masquerading as moral salvation.

http://www.vdare.com/malkin/080318_glowbama.htm
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Re: Say Goodbye to the Glowbama Mystique

Quote Originally Posted by zeezil
    [size=24][b]"I can no more disown him than I can disown the black community. I can no more disown him than I can my white grandmother—a woman who helped raise me, a woman who sacrificed again and again for me, a woman who loves me as much as she loves anything in this world, but a woman who once confessed her fear of black men who passed by her on the street, and who on more than one occasion has uttered racial or ethnic stereotypes that made me cringe."
    Notice how he brings in a "racist" white grandmother? Once again, let's blame everything on whitey.

Re: Say Goodbye to the Glowbama Mystique

Quote Originally Posted by napanic
    Quote Originally Posted by zeezil
    [size=24][b]"I can no more disown him than I can disown the black community. I can no more disown him than I can my white grandmother—a woman who helped raise me, a woman who sacrificed again and again for me, a woman who loves me as much as she loves anything in this world, but a woman who once confessed her fear of black men who passed by her on the street, and who on more than one occasion has uttered racial or ethnic stereotypes that made me cringe."
    Notice how he brings in a "racist" white grandmother? Once again, let's blame everything on whitey.
    i also think that Obama is "playing this up" at the expense of his grandmother (who raised and cared for him) to try to weakly and lamely justify his support for his racist preacher. I'd bet that if you had a true conversation with his grandmother she would hve quite a different take on things than what Obama describes. I think using his grandmother in the way that he did is absolutely despicable and any sympathy I ever had for him has now completely evaporated. Obama is despicable, is not truthful - even a liar-, and is a CLEAR AND PRESENT DANGER to our country.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

i also think that Obama is "playing this up" at the expense of his grandmother (who raised and cared for him) to try to weakly and lamely justify his support for his racist preacher. I'd bet that if you had a true conversation with his grandmother she would hve quite a different take on things than what Obama describes. I think using his grandmother in the way that he did is absolutely despicable and any sympathy I ever had for him has now completely evaporated. Obama is despicable, is not truthful - even a liar-, and is a CLEAR AND PRESENT DANGER to our country.
    Nicely said zeezil

Okay, so show me where someone has admitted on here that a family member has said bad things about Blacks and/or others. Surely I'm not the only one to have heard Blacks talked about in a negative light by members of my own family. Yet all we see here is folks focusing on the what the pastor said, and nobody is willing to examine further what was said and why. Can someone tell me what point he was trying to make when he said Hillary has never had a cab pass her up?

One of the things that I looked at after this whole debacle for Obama was Bible. This is supposedly a Christian church and from what the pastor is to preach and believe. When I was looking at it this morning, I noticed several scriptures that do pertain to the attitude of his minister.

10 Reject a divisive man after the first and second admonition,
    11 knowing that such a person is warped and sinning, being self-condemned.

Titus 3:10-11 (NKJV)

Jeremiah Wright's messages ARE divisive. Obama should have spoken to him and given him this scripture as an admonition. Let's not forget this man is a Harvard graduate. Does he not ponder what this man is saying and place it up against scripture from the book they say they believe? Does he not evaluate Wright's words against what Christian theological teaches. Yes, his judgment is in question.

The very sad thing is Jeremiah Wright could have been a catalyst for healing in his community. He could have been a preacher of forgiveness not divisiveness and bitterness.

Okay, so show me where someone has admitted on here that a family member has said bad things about Blacks and/or others. Surely I'm not the only one to have heard Blacks talked about in a negative light by members of my own family
    Is anyone in your family running for president of the United States?

Quote Originally Posted by NoBueno
    Okay, so show me where someone has admitted on here that a family member has said bad things about Blacks and/or others. Surely I'm not the only one to have heard Blacks talked about in a negative light by members of my own family
    Is anyone in your family running for president of the United States?
    Actually, my experience has been the opposite. I've been taught to take each person individually for their character not their color. Isn't that what Martin Luther King asked for? That's the problem. The character of the minister who is his "mentor." That reflects on Obama's character and judgment.

Actually, my experience has been the opposite. I've been taught to take each person individually for their character not their color. Isn't that what Martin Luther King asked for? That's the problem. The character of the minister who is his "mentor." That reflects on Obama's character and judgment.
    That's how I see it as as well Gogo. Your words cannot say one thing while your actions say another.

A 20 year relationship with this pastor Wright demonstrates at the least, very poor judgement on the part of Obama. Even so, Obama refuses to severe ties with this extremist which speaks volumes about their actual relationship. Apparently Wright gets a free pass while Obama's Grandmother get thrown under the bus.

Imagine that.

Quote Originally Posted by NoBueno
    That's how I see it as as well Gogo. Your words cannot say one thing while your actions say another.

A 20 year relationship with this pastor Wright demonstrates at the least, very poor judgement on the part of Obama. Even so, Obama refuses to severe ties with this extremist which speaks volumes about their actual relationship. Apparently Wright gets a free pass while Obama's Grandmother get thrown under the bus.

Imagine that.
    I hadn't quite thought of like that No Bueno, but you're right grandma is expendable.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast