Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

SB 1070 author debates immigration rules

SB 1070 author debates immigration rules

Video Photo
    By: Eric English

PHOENIX - In a small room at the Phoenix School of Law, the author of Arizona's controversial immigration law faced off against some of the legislation's toughest critics.

"I think it creates a lot less safety and a lot more harm," Phoenix Mayor Phil Gordon said before the panel aimed at discussing the impact the law has had on Arizona's employers.

Critics say Senate Bill 1070 has cost the state millions and driven away business.

Kris Kobach, the author of 1070, claims it's a fair law that will be ruled appropriate. He predicts similar legislation will become popular with other states.

"I am very confident that most if not all of 1070 will be upheld," Kobach said. "And it will be enforced in Arizona."

Both sides presented passionate arguments about the legislation and how it affects the state.

"It's given Arizona a black eye," law professor Seven Gonzales said. "I think there's parts of the bill that definitely hurt employment in Arizona."

Critics say they'll see the law taken off the books and hope Arizona can recover from a poor reputation.

"I think there's some serious problems with it," Gonzales said. "We've had some boycotts, we've had other problems with it, I think it raises some serious concerns for employment, for business."

http://www.abc15.com/dpp/news/region_ph ... tion-rules
    NO AMNESTY

Don't reward the criminal actions of millions of illegal aliens by giving them citizenship.

Sign in and post comments here.

Please support our fight against illegal immigration by joining ALIPAC's email alerts here https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

"I think there's some serious problems with it," Gonzales said. "We've had some boycotts, we've had other problems with it, I think it raises some serious concerns for employment, for business."
    Yes there are some problems with it and I know some of them.

Any business built upon the dependence of cheap IA labor might go belly up!

Any speculator that bought property counting on IA demand for rentals could lose most, if not all, of their investment.

Any employer that drove down the wages of his employees due to IA competition will lose the excess profits he has gained due to the unfair labor practices he's been using.

Well any one could see these problems.

BUT any American who chose to profit at the expense of fellow Americans deserves it.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)