Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

SB 1070 Supporters Don't Like ICE Proposal

SB 1070 Supporters Don't Like ICE Proposal
    Updated: Friday, 10 Sep 2010, 7:30 PM MDT
    Published : Friday, 10 Sep 2010, 6:50 AM MDT

PHOENIX - A shift in Immigrations and Customs Enforcement policy has America's toughest Sheriff seeing red. Joe Arpaio is angry with the feds over their new stance on handling illegal immigrants.

I.C.E. may no longer deport illegal immigrants busted for minor violations like traffic tickets, unless those people previously committed more serious crimes.

The reason: courts are just too packed with immigration cases.

The proposal has come under fire by the county sheriffs in Arizona, who have been leading a crackdown on illegal immigration.

Maricopa County Sheriff Joe Arpaio predicts that proposal will soon become policy. He says he has a big problem with letting any illegal immigrant go.

"Just let the go..that's amnesty..that's what they're getting to," said Arpaio.

The Sheriff says the feds can change the way they deal with illegal immigrants, but he's not changing a thing.

Under the proposal, I.C.E. would stop picking up illegal immigrants caught during misdemeanor traffic stops. The feds say they want to focus on deporting illegal immigrants with serious criminal records instead.

The proposed change states: "Immigration officers should not detain an illegal alien charged only with a traffic-related misdemeanor ... unless or until the alien is convicted."

Illegal immigrants would be detained for more serious crimes, such as driving under the influence.

"Why would you let them go if they're here in this country illegally..I guess we should let them all go because they're not big crimes," said Arpaio.

The proposed policy change comes after a national study found a record backlog of deportation cases, including immigrants waiting more than a year for their hearing.

I.C.E's Brian Hale says "This administration is committed to smart, effective immigration reform, prioritizing the arrest and removal of criminal aliens and those who pose a danger to national security. I.C.E. is not engaged in "backdoor" amnesty and has placed more people in immigration proceedings this year than ever before."

Arpaio questions the timing of this proposal with Senate Bill 1070 still in the appeals process. He says this won't stop him from holding another crime sweep.

"There may be other moves we can make if this goes into effect," said Arpaio.

The Sheriff won't say what those moves are and there's no word on when another crime sweep will take place.

www.myfoxphoenix.com
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Banned
    PHOENIX - "A shift in Immigrations and Customs Enforcement policy has America's toughest Sheriff seeing red. Joe Arpaio is angry with the feds over their new stance on handling illegal immigrants".
    ARE YOU SEEING RED?
    All the money Obama administration pissing away to create jobs?
    One obvious pro active job Creator for the American worker!
    DEPORT ILLEGAL ALIENS!

It kind of reminds me of what they have often done at the San Isidro crossing. They run in mass groups with too many people to overwhelm the officers. I guess they say "they didn't commit any other crime other than crossing." This is the way the courts are viewing it.

This is how I view it: Is there a drivers licence? Is there insurance on the vehicle? Are they following state driving laws? Do they have any documented criminal history? Do they have other undocumented people in the vehicle?

If yes to any of the above, they can't say they haven't committed a crime and should not be let go no matter what.
    Illegal aliens remain exempt from American laws, while they DEMAND American rights...

De Facto Amnesty!! They should all be fired for not doing their job!!
    Please support ALIPAC's fight to save American Jobs & Lives from illegal immigration by joining our free Activists E-Mail Alerts (CLICK HERE)

Senior Member ShockedinCalifornia's Avatar
    ICE considering changing catch-and-release to just … release

posted at 11:36 am on September 7, 2010 by Ed Morrissey

Why not? The Obama administration has made their disinterest in pursuing prosecution for illegal immigration known well enough by now. Why not have ICE just instruct law enforcement agencies around the country to ignore it altogether? KGUN in Arizona has the reaction from local law-enforcement officials — including those opposed to the state’s new enforcement law — to the new policy that ICE is considering:

[list]Letting illegal immigrants go free? Hard to believe but that could be the new federal mandate if a proposed ICE policy change is approved.

Here’s the idea: If authorities pull someone over for a traffic stop and discover they are in the country illegally, authorities would be forced to let the illegal immigrant go without calling federal agents unless the individual is a convicted felon.

Even officers opposed to SB 1070 say this would set a bad precedent. …

Even Santa Cruz County Sheriff Tony Estrada, who leaned strongly against SB 1070, thinks this sort of federal policy change is suspect. “It is surprising they would make that decision. I would suspect once an individual is identified as being here illegally, some process would kick in…that would deport that person,â€

They get away with so much simply because somebody somewhere doesn't want to do the paper work.

Senior Member ShockedinCalifornia's Avatar
    You know, I don't think I can even sleep anymore over this deplorable development.

I had always trusted I.C.E. to be one of the main "Enforcement" agencies regarding violations of illegal entry in the United States. It is the federal agency mandated to, among other major national security responsibilities, operate Enforcement Removal Operations (ERO)

• "ERO is responsible for enforcing the nation's immigration laws and ensuring the departure of all removable aliens from the United States. ERO uses its Immigration Enforcement Agents (IEA) to interdict, apprehend, and remove criminal aliens found in the nation's jails and prisons. As such, IEAs are the uniformed presence of immigration enforcement within the interior of the United States. IEAs also are responsible for the transportation and detention of aliens in ICE custody. ERO uses its Deportation Officers to prosecute aliens for illegal re-entry after deportation, monitor cases during deportation proceedings, supervise released aliens who are subject to deportation, and to remove aliens from the United States.[14] Deportation Officers and IEAs also operate strategically placed Fugitive Operations Teams whose function is to locate, apprehend, and remove aliens who absconded from immigration proceedings and remain in the United States with an outstanding Warrant of Deportation. ERO custody management consists of a partnership with the United States Marshals Service in operating JPATS, the Justice Prisoner and Alien Transportation System, otherwise known as Con-Air, to remove criminal aliens from the United States.[15]

ERO is also responsible for management of Secure Communities program which identifies removable aliens located in jails and prisons. Fingerprints submitted as part of the normal criminal arrest / booking process will automatically check both the Integrated Automatic Fingerprint Identification System (IAFIS) of the FBI’s Criminal Justice Information Services (CJIS) Division and the Automated Biometric Identification System (IDENT) of the Department of Homeland Security’s US-VISIT Program."

What is most disturbing are not only the excuses generated by its director, John Morton, but in a larger sense, the honored CITIZENSHIP OF MY COUNTRY HAS BEEN CHEAPENED AND SOLD OUT. THAT INCLUDES MY CITIZENSHIP and the citizenship of my family members past, present, and future. By saying it is not necessary to deport aliens who committed the wrongful act of illegal entry it's like saying there are no borders if you lie about why you are here and don't get caught committing a bigger crime.

Maybe the Border Patrol should just take down all the warning signs and put up nicer ones that say "Hey hombres and terrorists, you won't be deported if you cross unless you intend to commit a crime because our buddies at I.C.E. don't enforce that stuff anyway. P.S. We'll just wait around until you do commit your crimes."

I think all I.C.E. personnel that instituted this worthless policy should have their jobs taken away. They are clearly not willing to do the full job they were entrusted with. The security of American citizens will be even more exposed to a new level of deliberate absenteeism in federal law enforcement.

Unoccupied Southeast Georgia But Not For Much Longer
    More illegal alien voters for this November and November of 2012.....
    There is no freedom without the law. Remember our veterans whose sacrifices allow us to live in freedom.