Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Senior Member FedUpinFarmersBranch's Avatar

SC: Audit , lots of illegals getting jobs using fake ID`s

County: Audits show lots of illegals getting jobs using fake IDs, counterfeit documents
    By MICHAEL WELLES SHAPIRO
    mshapiro@islandpacket.com
    843-706-8142
    Published Tuesday, July 29, 2008

There's a lot of evidence that illegal immigrants are using counterfeit documents and stolen IDs to get jobs in the area, according to the Beaufort County administrator.

Gary Kubic said Monday that the county has conducted hundreds of audits of businesses and their hiring practices over the last several months and he's surprised by the amount of phony documents employees have submitted to those businesses.

Kubic would not get any more specific than to say, "It is more prevalent and a larger problem than what I thought."

The county, with the help of private security firm Advance Point Global, began auditing businesses in April that operate in unincorporated parts of the county to see if their federally required immigration documents are filled out properly.

Advance Point Global's CEO Andy Patrick, who conducts many of the audits himself, said at Monday's Beaufort County Council meeting that while examining businesses' I-9 forms, he was coming across possible criminal activity. The I-9s are forms that contain a worker's name and typically that person's Social Security number.

Patrick called the amount of evidence he was seeing "significant," though he declined to say how many of the 358 audited businesses have had questionable I-9s. He also wouldn't give a percentage or ballpark figure, or names of businesses with questionable documents.

Councilman Skeet Von Harten asked Patrick if there was "an industry of illegal documents in Beaufort County?"

Patrick said yes, adding that "any information that we develop that would indicate use of counterfeit documents is turned over to the county and subsequently turned over to the sheriff."

Kubic was quick to point out that the allegations of counterfeit documents and stolen IDs doesn't mean that a business owner has broken the law.

A county ordinance -- and federal law -- penalizes employers who knowingly hire workers who are in the country illegally. Under the ordinance, the maximum penalty a business can face is to be stripped of its county license. But an employer who unwittingly hires an illegal immigrant isn't punished.

Council Chairman Weston Newton said that it would be "employees themselves, not the employer" who probably would be in hot water when the Sheriff's Office investigates allegations of counterfeiting or stolen IDs.

Sheriff P.J. Tanner said deputies trained by Immigration and Customs Enforcement agents to enforce immigration laws would look at the evidence. However, that won't happen until a 90-day ICE operation to identify illegal immigrants booked in the county jail concludes at the end of September. Tanner said his deputies trained in that area are busy assisting ICE agents with that program.

Of the businesses audited so far, 42 percent of them are based in southern Beaufort County; 54 percent are north of the Broad River and 4 percent are based outside of the county.

http://www.islandpacket.com/news/local/ ... 62243.html
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Golly gee. How unfair to these poor employers and how racist of these officials.
    And to think these employers could have saved their buns and businesses by using E-Verify (assuming they wanted to be bothered and not hire cheap illegal labor). Of course that may be a moot point soon if Congress allows it to sunset.
    I think I will start a new movement-Joe Arpaio for president or at least Homeland Security Czar.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

E-VERIFY- E-VERIFY; HOW HARD CAN IT BE? I BET I COULD CHECK THEM OUT ON THE SYSTEM.....
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

OMG, what rock have these people been living under.....At least 20 million in this country illegally which means millions working, now just how the hell did they get their jobs.

Sorry but these people are evidently not intelligent enough to have the job they are attempting to do.
    Please support ALIPAC's fight to save American Jobs & Lives from illegal immigration by joining our free Activists E-Mail Alerts (CLICK HERE)

There's 20-30 milion illegal invaders in this country and they are ALL WORKING, or they would not be here!

Everyday, we hear stories of illegal invaders who use fradulent documents to get jobs that are solid middle calls jobs...such as a librarian working for the country. I even recall a case not long ago in which an illegal invader was working as a police officer!

What's it going to take to make E-Verify the law!

Quote Originally Posted by vmonkey56
    E-VERIFY- E-VERIFY; HOW HARD CAN IT BE? I BET I COULD CHECK THEM OUT ON THE SYSTEM.....
    They want cheap labour.
    They want to bust the unions.
    They want to put americans out of work.

Simple. Creating a cheap labour force means dependants. Putting Americans out of work, means dependants. Bigger nanny state.

Also, once they all get Amnesty - won't they then be protected from exploitation and THUS - these same businesses will then do what they now do to americans? Get CHEAPER labour? In other words...... you give amnesty to illegal immigrants, then they no longer will fill that labour slot. So, the perpetuation of illegal immigrant employement will continue...

Patrick said yes, adding that "any information that we develop that would indicate use of counterfeit documents is turned over to the county and subsequently turned over to the sheriff."
    And then what happens? IMO, it probably gets shredded because no one wants to follow through with processing and deporting an illegal alien because its just too much trouble. Afterall, its not their job, and the Federal governments immigration laws are broken.
    RIP Butterbean! We miss you and hope you are well in heaven.-- Your ALIPAC friends

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn