Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

SC> Our failure to act caused our illegal immigration woe

Please post a comment about this article, this is one of the focus states for new illegal immigration law. You can post a comment at the link below the article.

Our failure to act has caused our illegal immigration woes

BY JACK HUNTER

"How many years have we Americans turned our face like this and let the flood come in? Have we seen that?" Diana Salazar, president of the Latino Association of Charleston, asked those who attended a press conference last week addressing the illegal immigration bill currently making its way through the Statehouse. "Now, we're being hypocritical."

Salazar makes a good point. Through sheer neglect, our federal government has turned our southern border into a welcome mat for illegal aliens who have understandably taken advantage of the economic opportunities in the United States.

Imagine inviting a guest into your home and then chastising him for accepting the invitation. This strange scenario is basically what the United States has presented to illegal immigrants by offering a hush-hush, open-door policy to millions of people who should have never been here in the first place.

"But they broke the law!" illegal immigration opponents are quick to point out. True. But the same can be said of those who consistently drive 10 miles over the speed limit. Why drive 55 or 65 mph when you can get home faster by breaking the law with no repercussions? The law is only as effective as its enforcement.

In the case of illegal immigration, why worry about proper documentation when you can make money quicker by breaking the law with no repercussions? Does asking foreigners to show respect for laws our president doesn't even take seriously make much sense?

Opponents of illegal immigration may be looking for someone to blame, but the fact of the matter is we have no one to blame but ourselves. Salazar's comments demonstrate that quite clearly. By supporting national leaders — whether Democrats like Bill Clinton, Ted Kennedy, and Barack Obama or Republicans like George W. Bush, Lindsey Graham, and John McCain — we have given our elected officials a free pass, even as they refuse to perform their constitutional duty to protect our borders. As with our insane foreign policy, there is no excuse for supporting leaders who are either dead wrong or who completely ignore our most crucial national issues — and often promise to make them worse.

http://www.charlestoncitypaper.com/gyro ... id%3A41016

thanks for the link

Posted my comment, thanks for the link.
    <div>Do your job and enforce the law!
    Many thanks to the young that have served our country, and to those of you that have lost, we all owe you, thank you</div>

Posted comment on the papers website.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

so glad this mis inform posted

"guera (shannonradilla@gmail.com), bluffton 2/28/2008 - 7:18pm

I personally dont think it is fair that you people can talk about illegals like that.You will not find any white or black people in alot of the jobs around here.You cant say that all mexicans are the same because they are not.And about this just being america and to speak english only,there is alot of people that would love to learn to speak spanish.If there is so much hate towards these people than why is there so many of you americans that go as tourist to there country.Alot of you just want to talk about the mexicans because everyone else does.Who do you think builds all your brand new houses,not the white men or black its the mexicans just trying to make a little money for their family,and they are paid little money for doing big jobs.I can go to a constuction site tomorrow and all i would see is hispanic working for the white men.There is so much i can talk about but i am not going to waste my time with racist people,just think about this how would a day without a mexican be like.the economy could not have a day without a mexican.I know there is alot of hispanics that like to cause trouble but there is more that just want to make a living for their families. You people dont need to be so cruel and i bet your neighbor is a mexican and their your best friends especially when they bring over the good home made mexican food. The food that millions of americans love Just think about it A DAY WITHOUT A MEXICAN. NO YARDS CUT,NO SWIMMING POOLS CLEANED,NO FRUITS PICKED,NO FRESH STRAWBERRIES,NO DISHES CLEAN AT THE RESTAURANTS,NO CHICKEN PLUCKED AT THE CHICKEN PLANTS,NO HAMBURGERS MADE AT WENDYS,NO HOUSES BUILT TO MOVE IN,AND ALOT MORE THANKS THAT WAS MY OPINION "

Well I sending an email to this misinformed individual now!
    Many thanks to the young that have served our country, and to those of you that have lost, we all owe you, thank you</div>

Email I sent
    "I’m so sorry your so ignorant on this subject. I grew up in the late 60’s and early seventies. My father was able to go to work and live the American dream, my mother didn’t have to work to help support our family.
    I spent 3 years in the armed force and had to return to the service to support my family because the invasion started in the 80’s and California started the trend of hiring cheap unskilled IA’s (illegal aliens), big business didn’t care if the quality of work was sub standard, they were getting rich. I Spent over 15 years in the service bettering and educating myself during this time I had a group of IA’s pull an identity thief scam on my credit (199, 2008 and it’s stilled screwed. I got out and worked in a skilled trade and my employer cheated me out of countless hour of overtime because more than ¾ of his work force was illegal, so what did he care no one enforces the law. My oldest son has a hard time getting work because so many companies are hiring illegal’s before Americans. Our teachers are complaining because no one speaks English in there schools so again our kid suffer. I just this week got a good paying job with major company that uses the E-Verfy program so maybe at 45 I can start dreaming about owning a home before I die.
    I live in an apartment complex that lets these people live 8 in a one bedroom, I here racial slears constantly when I come and go, my car has been hit 3 times in the last 3 year by IA’s, no insurance, no license.
    Bottom line, If we take care of our citizens and enforce our laws when people come here they will not come to another 3rd world country. Companies will have to pay people who come here legally a descent wage. Mexico is the home of some of the world wealthiest people and they need to learn to take care of there own. These people come here and demand, why don’t thy do this in their country of origin. If you follow the news across this nation you will see we are importing criminals. There are plenty of kids that would love to make a few bucks cutting lawns, working in restaurants and even spouse that would love taking these jobs to help get a head, but instead they have to work full time just to get by because wages in the west are being depressed. We don’t need a taco bell or del taco on every corner to keep this country prosperous, a very ,very small workers on farms com from foreign lands, poultry and meat processing plants used to pay descent wages, so you augments are bogus. I have to ask are you 12 years old, an illegal (I doubt that because you can write English) or just ignorant, at least with the first and last you still have hope. Please join us and help us make America great again."