Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

SCHIP another dust up

I apologize if this SCHIP is elsewhere.

I have a question about this.

Does this "medical" coverage extend to our poorest of children (families)in the Appalachians? Elsewhere as well, but in these mountains how are they even going to know about medical care?

For decades they have suffered. They are in remote mountain regions. I'd like to see some boots on the ground in those areas. Preferably Congressional boots!

This is just one of the areas that has irked me for a long time. There is no excuse whatsoever for our American children to starve, have no medical, no decent shelter, clothes, clean water, no shoes, and on and on.

Sorry to have rambled on here.

Scept

The parents of those poor children in the mountains should contact their Senators and Congressmen immediately to ask how they and their families can become illegal aliens.

I called the Washington switchboard myself a few weeks ago to ask that question. They put me through to the Justice Department and the JD told me to apply with my Senator.

Maybe we should all ask for applications to become illegal aliens !!

It is supposed to apply to all of them, up to 80,000 a year income (family of four) I heard the Health and Human Services spokesman say on CSPAN. Someone needs to raise their hand and shout loudly for the kids in Appalachia area. Feed the Children has directed attention to that area. The problem is that children of illegal aliens will be receiving insurance while many others may fall between the cracks. They have advocates and those willing to stand for them.

Parents must bear responsibility and get their children the help they need too.

Psalm 91
    Matthew 19:26
    But Jesus beheld them, and said unto them, With men this is impossible; but with God all things are possible.

Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

You were referred to the Justice Department?

What justice?

About the parents calling their reps. and senators, most likely they don't have telephones or electric. Absolute poverty at its lowest in those mountains.

I just overheard "Rockefeller" from W. Virginia make mention of the Appalachians, stating it's "hard" to get to them.

Well give the man a tissue!
    Strap his backsides atop a horse and tell him to giddyap!

We have all this technology, we send humans to space, but it's "hard" to get to the poverty stricken in the Appalachian Mountains?

I don't buy it or any excuse!

Scept

Quote Originally Posted by GeorgiaPeach
    It is supposed to apply to all of them, up to 80,000 a year income (family of four)....
    Whoa!, what a minute, are you saying, GeorgiaPeach, that every family earning 80,000 or less a year would be eligible for medical coverage under this SCHIP thing? Or just illegal aliens?

Please, tell me it isn't true! This would encompass probably 90% of all families here in the U.S., if that's the case.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Sorry Georgia Peach, I must have been typing as your message was posted.

Feed the Children is the only one I have ever heard of that cares about those families and the little ones.

Many a time I've listened to different religious churches, wanting people to donate to feeding children around the world. No mention of our children here who are starving, etc.

I suppose I believe in "Charity Begins at Home."

And if $80,000 and below is the limit for qualification, should I start the application process? Don't think so!

I heard a senator say yesterday, that those earning $80,000 were four times below the poverty level. Four times? That sounds way out there, doesn't it. Just what is the poverty level now?

Rockfish,

I heard that $80,000 figure yesterday as well.

Insane if you ask me. I'd be happy with half of that!

Then again, our rich folks in higher places, look at it like peanuts...

working4change
    I received this email alert if you are interested in responding no to SCHIP

This CONSERVATIVE ALERT is a special message from William Greene of RightMarch.com:

Tell Congress to REJECT SCHIP & Medicaid for Illegal Aliens!

Liberals Trying To Give Taxpayer-Funded Healthcare Benefits to Illegals -- Select Below NOW to Tell Congress to REJECT SCHIP & Medicaid for Illegal Aliens:
    https://secure.responseenterprises.com/schip/?a=963

ALERT: It seems like every time we turn around, liberals in Congress are trying to do everything they can to help illegal aliens.

They've tried amnesty, they've tried "guest worker" programs, and they've tried sneaky "back door" legislation…

And they're at it again.

This time, they're trying to give them FREE taxpayer-funded healthcare benefits!

As the House prepares to debate the expansion of the State Children's Health Insurance Program ("SCHIP"), Rep. Jim McCrery (R-LA) has made us aware of a provision in the bill that will make it significantly easier for both legal and illegal aliens to fraudulently qualify for the Medicaid and SCHIP programs.

Current law requires that states must determine whether persons applying for Medicaid and SCHIP are U.S. citizens and therefore entitled to participate in these programs. States can satisfy this requirement by having applicants show specified types of identity documents, like drivers' licenses, passports or birth certificates, when they apply for these programs.

Section 211 of the new bill will substantially weaken the current requirements and make it easier for both legal and illegal aliens to break the law and qualify for Medicaid and SCHIP. The language in the bill would allow states to disregard the current requirement to review actual identity documents and instead submit the names and Social Security numbers of applicants to the Social Security Administration ("SSA").

In order to better understand the impact of these changes, Rep. McCrery recently wrote a letter to the Social Security Administration, asking whether this type of process could detect and prevent legal and illegal aliens from improperly qualifying for Medicaid and SCHIP. In his response (download PDF here), SSA Commissioner Astrue indicated that the new provision would fail to identify and therefore prevent the following categories of persons from illegally getting healthcare benefits through Medicaid or SCHIP:

Legal aliens who are not naturalized citizens;
    Illegal aliens fraudulently using another persons valid name and Social Security number;
    Individuals who have illegally overstayed a valid work permit.
    Did you catch that? Illegal aliens will be able to fraudulently get taxpayer-funded healthcare benefits under SCHIP -- IF Congress passes this provision!

We must stop them. There's no time to waste -- Congress is set to debate the SCHIP bill THIS WEEK. They need to hear from hundreds of thousands of patriotic Americans, NOW…

And we've got a GREAT way to do that!

TAKE ACTION: Commissioner Astrue's letter makes it explicitly clear that this new provision will not prevent legal and illegal aliens from violating our laws and qualifying for Medicaid and SCHIP. We need to OVERWHELM Congress with messages urging them to oppose this bill, and maintain the current law protections that prevent the abuse of these taxpayer funded healthcare programs.

To make sure YOUR voice is heard, we've set up our website so that you can send "blast faxes" to EVERY SINGLE SENATOR AND REPRESENTATIVE in Washington, D.C., demanding that they say NO to SCHIP and Medicaid for illegals.

Send YOUR blast faxes to ALL 535 Congressman NOW, and send the message LOUD AND CLEAR:

https://secure.responseenterprises.com/schip/?a=963

Sincerely,

William Greene, President
    RightMarch.com

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi Rockfish. I did hear this figure. They said many families will drop their private insurance and go the SCHIP way. This issue should be one we address with our Senators. They will say illegals cannot access this insurance (the Senate version), and yet others, including HHS say they could. The House version does openly give them access so we must say NO to SCHIP for illegals while providing for those who need some type of insurance coverage. They are tricky in sneaking this stuff in as we know and while they say "oh no" illegals will not be able to access this, reality and history tell us a different story. TENNCARE does not go to illegal aliens (wink, wink). Rep. Marsha Blackburn uncovered the 15 million plus going to illegals.

Our insurance, co-pay, etc. are climbing and our hospital costs are rising due to unreimbursed costs from masses of illegal aliens. We are paying and then "we are paying." Many American families are in need of care, lack the ability to pay, and need a hand, sometimes temporarily. We cannot add on millions of illegal aliens and ever retain an adequate healthcare system or access to those who should be included.

We have a serious problem with ER closings, hospitals strained financially and yet our elected officials keep piling on. Our nation will go belly up for sure with this continuing fleecing of the American public.

CALLS, EMAILS AND FAXES NEED TO BE GOING TO SAY NO TO SCHIP and illegal aliens. I just contacted Senator Lamar Alexander who voted for the Senate version of the bill. They all need to hear from us.

Psalm 91
    Matthew 19:26
    But Jesus beheld them, and said unto them, With men this is impossible; but with God all things are possible.

They have access to any area of this country they choose. There is no excuse. They have the resources to contact each family located in remote areas, but simply aren't concerned. They can use all-terrain jeeps, or similar transportation.

Opponents of this bill contend that although it states "no illegal aliens," there are no provisions for verification or enforcement. Consequently, a large percentage of illegal aliens will receive these benefits. Anyone who believes the illegals won't use fraud to receive these benefits, needs their head examined. Without provisions for verification and enforcement, this bill is ripe for fraud.

Our reps are pushing for extra funding to ensure enough funds are available for children of illegal aliens. They aren't fooling anyone.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast