Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Senior Member FedUpinFarmersBranch's Avatar

School officer asked Erwin High student if he is "illeg

Publicado el 09-25-2008
    Reportero: ROBERT McCARSON
    School resource officer asked Erwin High student if he is "illegal"
    Students stage brief walk-out, claiming deputy also asked if the Rosary was a symbol of gang membership

ASHEVILLE. -- A school resource officer at Clyde A. Erwin High School asked an Hispanic student whether he was in the country illegally while lodging criminal charges against him and other students for a fight that broke out in the school’s cafeteria last Tuesday.
    North Carolina law requires school-age children to attend school regardless of their immigration status. The Rev. William Ameche, a Catholic priest who works with the Hispanic ministry for the Asheville Vicarate of the Diocese of Western North Carolina, said that inquiries about immigration status could not only discourage undocumented Hispanic students from coming to school for fear that they and their families might be discovered by immigration authorities, “it is racial profiling.â€
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

I wish I had this guy at my daughters' school. She is in kindergarten and on sep. 11 a student called the police to let them know that a classmate (hispanic and in the 4th grade) had a gun. Three days ago the office staff called the cops because there was a suspicious hispanic male walking the perimeter of the school. All of this becuase of their ESL program. I grew up here and went to the same schools and things like this NEVER happened! Everyday when I pick her up from school I have to tell a mexican driver not to park in the fire lane area, even though the bright red diagonal stripes clearly show that you're not supposed to park there. Then the esl class comes out speaking spanish, with the teachers speaking spanish, and the parents speaking spanish. What a waste of my tax money!
    We see so many tribes overrun and undermined

While their invaders dream of lands they've left behind

Better people...better food...and better beer...

Why move around the world when Eden was so near?
    -Neil Peart from the song Territories&