Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Schumer predicts mass demonstrations if House blocks path to citizenship

By Alexander Bolton - 06/23/13 10:00 AM ET
    The Hill

A senior Democratic senator predicted Sunday there could be massive demonstrations in Washington if House Republicans try to block a bill to grant legal status to millions of immigrants.

Sen. Charles Schumer (N.Y.), the lead Democratic sponsor of the Senate immigration reform bill, said House Republicans would likely spark massive civil rights rallies if they try to quash measures to create a pathway to citizenship for illegal immigrants already in the country.

“This has the potential of becoming the next major civil rights movement. I could envision in the late summer or early fall if Boehner tries to bottle the bill up or put something in without a path to citizenship — if there’s no path to citizenship, there’s not a bill — but if he tries to bottle it up or do things like that, I could see a million people on the Mall in Washington,” Schumer said on CNN’s “State of the Union.”

Schumer said business leaders, evangelical leaders and CEOs of high tech companies would join the public call for action by the House on immigration.

Schumer has counted about 67 votes for the Senate immigration bill and believes close to 70 will support final passage later this week.

http://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefi...to-citizenship
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Of course they will march...they can and get paid n bussed in.while they are marching they collect welfare and every freebie there is just for the criminals, If they have a job, um well they do have jobs under the table pay and they won't get fired and if they did get fired they have no fear,they can sue and still keep freebies coming..
    Now us Americans will get fired and nobody will pay us to go march n no buses for us. We have one paycheck if lucky two cause we don't have 20 or so people living in the same home....also who would take care of the kids we leave behind...we have fear and that fear is our own government will sell us out for dem votes....I don't want this crap I'm tired of this ...with all the time they have wasted to make illegals happy and give them things we don't even get off our dime is bullshit, Jobs could have been created gee what a waste and to think that our own country is turning on us....thanks Obama because now our families will suffer for your sick agenda....

If this does not make you flaming mad you must be a Marxist Democrat or a RINO Republican. Massive demonstrations? So now, not only do they invade our country but they are going to bully us into passing laws they want. That an elected official should even make such a statement shows how sick our country is. Who the hell do these Senators think they are? Who the hell do the open borders lobbyist think they are? Who elected Mark Zuckerberger and his billionaire computer geek, punk, palls emperors of our country? I intend to spend all day tomorrow on the phone and anyone who is any kind of patriot should also. Call in sick to the job, and spend all day calling. And send the poor beleaguered people at this web site some $$. This is OUR country; illegal aliens and their stooges in the government do not own it. This is OUR country -- damn it! Fight for it!

Sounds to me like it is already a plan and I would bet Schumer is in on it.

South West Florida (Behind friendly lines but still in Occupied Territory)
    Schumer Predicts Massive ‘Civil Rights Movement’ If House Blocks Pathway to Citizenship

Posted on June 23, 2013 by BMartin1776

Folks do you understand what Schmuck Schumer just did? Yes I’m saying it, Schumer has literally planted the seed if not gave a directive for mass demonstrations if republicans stand their ground against this 1200 page bill NO ONE has read! A US Senator is potentially inciting demonstrations if the progressives don’t get their way and has targeted republicans, conservatives and anyone who supports them! Listen to it again listen “between the lines”, he is making threats in an oh so nice way!

I’m wrong? Prove it! This is how these SOB’s operate and communicate!

What about our civil rights that will be violated if this ILLEGAL ALIEN amnesty bill is put through? What about our civil rights that are being squashed with an influx of unskilled workers, who REFUSE to assimilate into American culture?

This is going to get bad, but this ILLEGAL ALIEN amnesty bill must be stopped.

http://savingtherepublic.com/blog/20...o-citizenship/

Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by AirborneSapper7 View Post
    Schumer Predicts Massive ‘Civil Rights Movement’ If House Blocks Pathway to Citizenship

Posted on June 23, 2013 by BMartin1776

Folks do you understand what Schmuck Schumer just did? Yes I’m saying it, Schumer has literally planted the seed if not gave a directive for mass demonstrations if republicans stand their ground against this 1200 page bill NO ONE has read! A US Senator is potentially inciting demonstrations if the progressives don’t get their way and has targeted republicans, conservatives and anyone who supports them! Listen to it again listen “between the lines”, he is making threats in an oh so nice way!

I’m wrong? Prove it! This is how these SOB’s operate and communicate!

What about our civil rights that will be violated if this ILLEGAL ALIEN amnesty bill is put through? What about our civil rights that are being squashed with an influx of unskilled workers, who REFUSE to assimilate into American culture?

This is going to get bad, but this ILLEGAL ALIEN amnesty bill must be stopped.

http://savingtherepublic.com/blog/20...o-citizenship/

Sounds like Schumer has the SEIU and AFC-CIO warming up the buses.

Did Sen. Charles Schumer warn of --- or threaten --- immigration reform riots?

By Douglas MacKinnon | JUNE 26, 2013 AT 4:20 PM
    The Washington Examiner

Sen. Charles Schumer — the New York Democrat who is the lead sponsor of the Senate immigration reform bill — has warned that there could be huge demonstrations against the Republican Party should it vote down his highly flawed 1,000-plus-page bill drafted for the most part by his staff.

For most of the nation and much of the media, his warning has flown under the radar screen. It should not. It should not because it can and should be fairly asked if he was warning this could happen, or was he encouraging it to happen?

Said Schumer on left-of-center CNN: "This has the potential of becoming the next civil rights movement. I could envision in the late summer or early fall if [Speaker of the House John] Boehner tried to bottle the bill up or put something in without a path to citizenship — if there's not a path to citizenship, there's not a bill — I could see a million people on the Mall in Washington."

Again, he could "envision" and "see" that happening in the late summer or early fall, or is he calling for it to happen then? Is this the overheated rhetoric of a senator famed in Washington for needing media attention or is it something much more Machiavellian and disturbing in its intent?

Is Schumer issuing a warning, or trying to intimidate the already-weakening Republican pPrty through a very dangerous game of political extortion? Is the liberal senator from economically crumbling New York state deliberately turning up the flame under an already boiling issue so as to make it spill out beyond "the Mall in Washington"? Where would his "next civil rights movement" stop? What other cities or towns would see such "spontaneous" demonstrations?

Schumer and his staff — as well as those in the Democratic Party, the Obama administration and the mainstream media who have chosen not to disavow the senator's warning — have now drawn an un-crossable line in the sand and declared that, if there is not a "path to citizenship" for the millions of people who willingly broke the laws of the United States of America and crossed our (formerly) sovereign borders illegally, there will be a very high price to pay — including, it seems, the implied threat of riots or civil disobedience.

As one who grew up in abject poverty, was homeless off and on as a child, often lived in poor minority neighborhoods, was once married to a Hispanic-American, was immersed in the culture, and traveled often to Mexico and other Spanish-speaking countries, I fail to understand how this is "the next civil rights movement."

Isn't the churlish rewarding of illegal activity for purely partisan gain (real and imagined votes) a direct insult to the civil rights movement? Doesn't this Schumer immigration bill further inflate African-American unemployment, add billions to our debt, and overwhelm our already failing public hospitals and school systems?

What about the tens of millions of immigrant-Americans who entered this country legally and proudly? Be they Hispanic-American, Russian-American, Korean-American, Indian-American, Arab-American, or Irish-American. Isn't this bill a slap in their face and openly calling them "chumps" for obeying the laws of our country?

Should Schumer, or Republicans like Sen. Lindsey Graham of South Carolina or Sen. Marco Rubio of Florida — who are caving on this issue in search of votes — care to actually ask the opinion of millions of Hispanic-Americans who legally entered our nation and became citizens, they may be surprised to learn that many are not only dead-set against illegal immigration but strongly believe that this "path to citizenship" for those who broke the law does make a mockery of their respect for the United States and its laws.

No matter. It is clear that the dye is cast on this issue and breaking the law is going to be rewarded by both parties. But, until that unfortunate day comes, it's equally clear that Schumer is still going to warn (or threaten) those who remain on the fence of the rule of law.

Douglas MacKinnon is a former White House and Pentagon official and author of the memoir "Rolling Pennies In The Dark," (Simon & Schuster, 2012).

http://washingtonexaminer.com/did-se...rticle/2532444
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

South West Florida (Behind friendly lines but still in Occupied Territory)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jean View Post
    Did Sen. Charles Schumer warn of --- or threaten --- immigration reform riots? http://washingtonexaminer.com/did-se...rticle/2532444
    Well Damn Chuck ... are we supposed to be shaking in our shorts or something... I'm so tired of Sissy Boys attempting to Threaten American Citizens... and he is just that ... a Sissy Boy
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Many illegal aliens are talking about taking to the streets and marching after the bill passes the Senate, to show Americans their numbers, in other words to intimidate us. The insults and name calling of opposing Senators like Sessions shows their true colors.

What Civil Rights does Schumer think Illegal Immigrants have in this Country?
    By definition they may have Human Rights but Civil Rights are for citizens and legal residents of this country.

If it happens and I'm betting it will that Americans will finally of had enough and rise up. It won't be pretty and not that I'd want it to happen but I'd be expecting a civil war that will demand military presence. I also believe the admin is well aware of the likelihood thus they are trying to oust Generals who may decide to push support for The People and ignore the governments orders to point any form of weapon at US Citizens. It would be bloody time again in US History and not one any of us want to see. But with politicians ignoring the vast majority of Americans little can stop it if illegal aliens push much more.

I just hope it doesn't happen and illegal aliens keep their distance and somehow the House bill gets enough of a push to get support from the people and then out the nuts supporting the foreign invasion.