Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Quote Originally Posted by BlueHills
    I guess all the illegal aliens have left CA anyway because I remember reading multiple studies and articles from CA saying that illegal aliens almost single-handedly create jobs, prosperity, peace, brotherhood, and budget surpluses.
    :P Now that's funny.

Joking aside:
    Can NY State and NYC be headed in the same direction though? Hell, the whole Nation.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by Ratbstard
    Quote Originally Posted by BlueHills
    I guess all the illegal aliens have left CA anyway because I remember reading multiple studies and articles from CA saying that illegal aliens almost single-handedly create jobs, prosperity, peace, brotherhood, and budget surpluses.
    :P Now that's funny.

Joking aside:
    Can NY State and NYC be headed in the same direction though? Hell, the whole Nation.

I think we'll see that become of some states if they are not stopped....and soon.

As for the whole nation.....quite frankly I'd say no. People have had it up to the gills, political correctness has been kicked to the curb with the average citizens, and politicians even, no longer willing to remain silent or cowed into inaction, and the other side is quickly losing ground.

It's really not too late for most of the nation right now. As for states like CA and other sanctuaries it's probably inevitable that something huge is going to happen where the federal government takes drastic measures.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Start by cutting off freebies for illegals, Arnie. Start demanding to see green cards/proof of citizenship. If the docs are legit, they are in the government database.

Start fining companies who hire illegals. Think of all the money you would collect.

Don't know if someone may be illegal? Here's a clue... MOST of us from latin countries dropped the hyphenated last names when we ASSIMILATED.
    "

California's Winter Of Discontent

Dec. 18, 2007 (Investor's Business Daily delivered by Newstex) --

State Spending: California's budget is broken, and its economy looks troubled. The Golden State's governator, Arnold Schwarzenegger, could have done something about this. Instead, he's made it worse.

Schwarzenegger won the state's top post in a recall election in October of 2003, to general acclaim -- including ours. At the time, we thought the energetic political neophyte from Hollywood would be the new broom that sweeps clean, a real-life action-hero who would lead the charge to a balanced budget, lower taxes and cuts in California's byzantine business regulations.

While we laud the governator for some moves -- he made good on a promise to cut California's notoriously high workers' compensation costs and has eased some regulations -- his recent lurch to the left has been accompanied by both fiscal irresponsibility and new plans that would punish California's businesses.

The state's nonpartisan legislative analyst has warned that California's budget deficit will soar to $10 billion over the next two years. Schwarzenegger's own estimate puts the black hole at more than $14 billion and now he wants an emergency legislative session to deal with it.

But this didn't happen yesterday. As the nearby chart shows, state spending has soared under Schwarzenegger even faster than it did under his predecessor, Democrat Gray Davis, who was ousted for his perceived fiscal irresponsibility.

Problem is, California's constitution requires a balanced budget. By ignoring this and playing games for years, both the governor and the Democrat-dominated legislature are breaking the law.

It's hard to believe that just four months ago, Schwarzenegger campaign heavily for his bloated budget, which spends 34% more than when he took office just four years ago. His spending plan was based on the fallacy that revenues would continue to pour into the state's coffers. He even campaigned against fellow Republicans who resisted the spending.

The widely followed UCLA California forecast took the state to task in its 2008 outlook for a budget "based on a combination of overly optimistic projections of revenue, wildly optimistic assumptions that spending would decrease on its own and a handful of accounting gimmicks to make up the difference."

Anyone with half a brain knew that soaring tax revenues were about to reverse, based on the housing crash -- which has hit California harder than the rest of the U.S. State joblessness is up a full percentage point 15 far this year, another bad omen.

The governor has asked state agencies to prepare for 10% budget cuts and vows no tax hikes. But who's he kidding? No such cuts will ever be made. Instead, he and the legislature soon will "compromise" and ask for tax hikes to plug the gap.

Some recent Schwarzenegger proposals would only make things worse, like his aggressive new global warming caps on California's economy and proposed 4% tax on small businesses to fund universal care for the state's 6.5 million uninsured.

Meanwhile, the minimum wage in California is set to hit $8 an hour on Jan. 1 -- highest in the nation. Thousands of low-wage jobs will be lost as a result, leaving many young Californians without a ladder of opportunity to climb.

The American Legislative Council recently ranked California 41st of 50 states for economic performance and noted that the state's tax system, in particular, is a mess. In a 2005 survey of 458 CEOs by Chief Executive Magazine, 182 called California the worst state in which to do business based on "tax rates, regulations, work force attitudes and quality of life issues."

Companies such as Intel (NASDAQ:INTC) already have said they no longer will build in California. Over the past five years, the state has lost some 155,000 factory jobs. Some went overseas, but others went to booming neighboring low-tax states -- like Nevada, Oregon and Arizona.

While the state's finances burn, Schwarzenegger fiddles. It's time he remembered why voters put him in office in the first place.

http://money.cnn.com/news/newsfeeds/art ... 730978.htm

While the state's finances burn, Schwarzenegger fiddles. It's time he remembered why voters put him in office in the first place.
    He's turned out to be a major disappointment especially after getting re-elected a 2nd term. Hmmm, kind of like Jorge.
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Re: SCHWARZENEGGER to Declare Fiscal Emergency!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Bren4824
    "SACRAMENTO - Facing a projected $14 billion budget deficit,
    This also happens to be almost exactly the same as what illegal aliens cost the state.

14 BILLION AND COUNTING!!! He has 3 more years to go!!!

As a native Californian I have watched my state sink to the bottom and I must admit that I hope it goes down in flames!!! Ca is the biggest kleptocracy in the nation, and if we implode...it may save the rest of the country. I am willing to sacrifice my state for the well being of the rest of the country. If CA goes belly up...the illegals will leave BUT do not let them come to your city or state!!! Unfortunately, CA will have to be the sacrificial lamb but it will be worth it to save the remaining 49 states!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12