Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

SCHWARZENEGGER WANTS REIMBURSEMENT FOR ILLEGAL IMMIGRANT PRI

cbs5.com

Bay City News Wire
    SCHWARZENEGGER WANTS REIMBURSEMENT FOR ILLEGAL IMMIGRANT PRISONERS
    05/24/05 12:50 PDT

Gov. Arnold Schwarzenegger has praised the U.S. Senate for unanimously passing legislation that would reimburse states for the cost of incarcerating illegal immigrants who have committed crimes.

The legislation authored by Sen. Dianne Feinstein, D-Calif., would authorize $750 million to be disbursed to the states in 2006. California's share of that money would be $275 million, an increase of $163 million over current levels, according to the governor's office..

"I welcome the Senate's decision to authorize this essential funding for our state. Each year, we are asked to bear the increasing cost of incarcerating undocumented immigrants who have committed crimes here in California,'' Schwarzenegger said. "It is the federal government's responsibility to secure our nation's borders, and the federal government's responsibility to reimburse our state when they fail that duty. While today's authorization provides only partial reimbursement for the costs associated with incarcerating these individuals, it is a positive step forward, and I urge the House of Representatives to quickly pass similar legislation.''

Schwarzenegger met with House Speaker Dennis Hastert on Monday and personally urged him to speed the legislation through the House of Representatives.

The legislation would fund the State Criminal Alien Assistance Program through 2011. It would authorize $850 million in 2007 and $950 million a year from 2008 through 2011.

According to the governor's office, California spends more than $700 million a year to incarcerate illegal immigrants who have committed crimes.
    I stay current on Americans for Legal Immigration PAC's fight to Secure Our Border and Send Illegals Home via E-mail Alerts (CLICK HERE TO SIGN UP)

Um Why dont the send the bill to the Illegals respective countries?
    I stay current on Americans for Legal Immigration PAC's fight to Secure Our Border and Send Illegals Home via E-mail Alerts (CLICK HERE TO SIGN UP)

That's right...bill those countries...why should we have to pay for their lawbreakers?

Down with Mexico!!

RR
    The men who try to do something and fail are infinitely better than those who try to do nothing and succeed. " - Lloyd Jones

I don’t say down with Mexico, I am against anyone who would break into our country and violate the laws. How many illegal Chinese are here or even Ukraine or Russian?

IMHO

I think billing the countries they came from is the correct thing to do. also include the bill for sending them back to them asap!!

Down with 70% of Mexico!!

RR
    The men who try to do something and fail are infinitely better than those who try to do nothing and succeed. " - Lloyd Jones

Here is another Front Pager. If I don't stop picking your stuff, JP, people are gonna think I am picking favorites http://www.alipac.us/article-425--0-0.html

Go! Arnold! Go! Now, I'm not entirely happy California's Governor is taking a stand and demanding repayment of some of the costs of his State's millions in $$$ (or is it billions in $$$) for illegal aliens. Still, this STILL comes out of taxpayer's meager pockets but in this case at the federal instead of state and local levels. There have been many good suggestions so far here. May I suggest the same or similar in saying let's send the annual billion dollar bills to Vicente Fox, George Bush (and yes his extended family too like Number One as well as Number Two), Teddybear NOT Kennedy, McCain whatzhisname, rich CEO's who profit from cheap foreign slave wages at the expense of just about everyone else, citizen or not, David Rockefeller, the ACLU, the pro open border lobby crowd and the irremediably politically-correct who always want to spend YOUR tax dollars to help those they THINK YOU SHOULD and expect you to feel the same way too about YOU expecting your cup to be half full when it's really half empty thanks to the economy. Maybe I've left out some individuals or groups who should foot the enormous bills in the billions for the costs of wefare for illegal aliens. Feel free here to add names. I do believe the individuals I've mentioned here though, are worth billions together, and could easily afford the costs they force on the rest of us (i.e. middle class and lower) if we stuck them with the bills they are responsible for in the first place.

P.S. Anyone here serious about a tax strike/boycott! Maybe I am and maybe I'm not but let me say I owe some taxes even though my annual income is below poverty level (much of my tax has to do with withdrawing and paying penalties on an IRA) but since this is a necessity and not a choice, I resent these extra taxes when I'm not even considered middle class anymore, plus I'm not (YET) on welfare, not even Medicaid nor have I ever been in my many, many years as a worker and taxpayer, not even a dime taken from unemployment taxes although I was eliglble once. Now, in my state, I hear of welfare cuts which I haven't even applied for yet, not to mention problems with hospitals due to the massive influx of illegals using them as medical clinics, and all the while I pay full price for medical/dental/eye. If I don't get a job soon that provides health coverage, I will personally be applying for the first time in my life for Medicaid. I've read depressing stories in local papers about how this system is overburdened and benefits are being cut. If I apply and suffer not receiving benefits after many years of being a middle-class wage slave-tax-paying worker, everyone is going to hear from me, especially those who cuddle to people who are illegally in this country and are receiving benefits that should go to US citizens, especially those who have paid into the system for years through taxes and suddenly find themselves poor because of misfortunate life changes.
    People who take issue with control of population do not understand that if it is not done in a graceful way, nature will do it in a brutal fashion - Henry Kendall

End foreign aid until America fixes it's own poverty first - me