Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Scott Walker On Amnesty: ‘My Views Have Changed’

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Scott Walker On Amnesty: ‘My Views Have Changed’

Video at source link.
    ~~~

9:56 AM 03/01/2015
    Alex Griswold

Republican Wisconsin Governor Scott Walker admitted on “Fox News Sunday” that while he once supported amnesty for illegal immigrants, his view had changed in light of President Barack Obama’s executive actions.

WALKER: Well, I don’t believe in amnesty. Part of the reason why I made that a firm position, is that I look at the way that this president has mishandled that issue. I’m one of the governors that join — I was one of the first governors that joined the lawsuit that has been successful at least on this initial technicality, and I hope we prevail ultimately throughout the courts. And then going forward, the way to enforce it is not through amnesty. I think the better approach is to enforce the laws and to give employers, job creators the tools like E-Verify and other things to make sure the law is being upheld going forward.

HOST CHRIS WALLACE: The question [in 2013] was, ‘Can you envision a world where if these people paid a penalty that they would have a path to citizenship?’ and you said, ‘Sure, that makes sense.’

WALKER: I believe there’s a way you can do that. First and foremost, you have to secure that border, or none of these plans make any sense.

WALLACE: But it’s a little bit slippery here. Back when you were the Milwaukee County Executive, you actually supported the Kennedy-McCain comprehensive immigration plan. Are you basically saying as part of a comprehensive plan, tough enforcement, E-Verify, the 11 million people here pay penalty, they get citizenship?

WALKER: No, I’m not talking about amnesty. The reason for that, over time –

WALLACE: But you said you supported it.

WALKER: And my view has changed. I’m flat out saying it. Candidates can say that; sometimes they don’t.

WALLACE: So you changed from 2013?

WALKER: Absolutely. I look at the problems we’ve experienced over the last few years. I talked to governors on the border and others out there, I’ve talked to people all across America, and the concerns I have is that we need to secure the border. We ultimately need to put in place a system that works, a legal immigration system that works. And part of this is to put the onus on employers, getting them E-Verify and tools to do that. But I don’t think we do it through amnesty

http://dailycaller.com/2015/03/01/sc...changed-video/
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Thanks for posting that.
    All that is necessary for evil to succeed is that good men do nothing. -Edmund Burke

Scott Walker: 'My View Has Changed' on Amnesty

Sunday, March 1, 2015 11:26 AM

By: Greg Richter

Wisconsin Gov. Scott Walker said Sunday he has changed his position on amnesty since he told a newspaper he could envision a path to citizenship for illegals.

Walker talked to "Fox News Sunday" host Chris Wallace in an interview recorded last week at the Conservative Political Action Conference and aired on Sunday.

Walker finished second in the CPAC straw poll on Saturday, trailing only Kentucky Sen. Rand Paul, who has won the past three CPAC straw polls.

But Wallace wanted to know about Walker's response to a question on July 2, 2013 from the Wausau Daily Herald that asked, "Can you envision a world where, with the right penalties and waiting periods and meet-the-requirements, where those people could get citizenship?"

"Sure. Yeah. I mean, I think it makes sense," Walker said at the time.

But, Walker told Wallace, he has since talked to other governors who deal with illegal immigration.

"I don't believe in amnesty," he said, adding he was one of the first governors to join the federal lawsuit against President Barack Obama's executive actions to help millions of illegal immigrants gain legal status on hold.

Wallace pointed out that before he was governor, Walker was the Milwaukee County Executive and supported the Kennedy-McCain comprehensive immigration plan.

"My view has changed. I'm flat-out saying it," Walker responded.

He said he believes current immigration laws should be enforced, the border should be secured and that the onus should be put on employers by giving them access to the E-verify system to check an applicant's legal status.

On other issues, Walker clarified his comments that have drawn fire in which he is accused of comparing protesters of his education plan to the Islamic State group (ISIS.)

Walker told Wallace he intended only to be referencing his own leadership abilities.

The leadership he provided under those "most difficult circumstances" prove his mettle, he said. "If I were to run, and if I were to win and be commander-in-chief I believe that kind of leadership is what's necessary to take on radical Islamic terrorists."

On the controversial comments made by former New York Mayor Rudolph Giuliani saying Obama doesn't love America, Walker said, "[Obama] and anybody else who's willing to put their name on the ballot, certainly has to have a love for county to do that."

He also defended his own fiscal conservative credentials, saying that the $2 billion budget shortfall prediction over the next two years is based on a request sent in by state agencies. His own budget proposal would leave a $123 million surplus, he said.

Walker is the son of Baptist preacher, and has said he is waiting on guidance from God on whether to run for president.

"There are people of faith who can have a variety of political views. But for us, personally, we make important decisions like we did years ago to run for governor," Walker said.

He said his whole family prayed about whether he should run, and they are doing so again as he mulls a 2016 bid.

"In terms of who's winning, it's going to be up to the voters," he said.

http://www.newsmax.com/Newsfront/Sco.../01/id/627566/
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

So, here wee go again with republican candidates. The old familiar flip-flop!! Twenty months ago he was pro amnesty. It is approx. 20 months to Jan.20, 2017 and what will be his "views" on that date and after. Too soon to be believable, stand for anti-amnesty for 5-20 years, show something and maybe, but only maybe. Now and November 2016, absolutely not believable yet. Flippity-floppin' along! Just like the Easter bunny. It is that season, isn't it.

I like Scott Walker, I think he's done a great job for Wisconsin, but come on, do we want a Presidential candidate who only now figured out that amnesty and illegal immigration is wrong, because of Obama Amnesty? No, we want a candidate who has known their whole lives that illegal immigration and excess immigration are wrong, who knows in his heart and mind that illegal aliens sneaking into our country and stealing jobs and benefits from Americans are not good people that we want to stay here, who knows without thinking about it, that to protect the United States citizen, illegal immigration has to stop, illegal aliens have to be deported, and the system reset during an immigration moratorium of at least 10 years so this never ever happens again.

Candidates who don't know this already and who haven't known it for at least the bulk of their adult lives are not qualified to be President of the United States and are not capable of doing the job. We've already been through 4 of these types of people, Bush I, Clinton, Bush II and now Obama.

Keep looking for a candidate who knows and has always known that illegal immigration and excess immigration are wrong on all levels for the citizens of this country.
    Last edited by Judy; 03-01-2015 at 04:04 PM.
    A Nation Without Borders Is Not A Nation - Ronald Reagan
    Save America, Deport Congress! - Judy

MW
    Quote Originally Posted by kevinssdad View Post
    So, here wee go again with republican candidates. The old familiar flip-flop!! Twenty months ago he was pro amnesty. It is approx. 20 months to Jan.20, 2017 and what will be his "views" on that date and after. Too soon to be believable, stand for anti-amnesty for 5-20 years, show something and maybe, but only maybe. Now and November 2016, absolutely not believable yet. Flippity-floppin' along! Just like the Easter bunny. It is that season, isn't it.
    Maybe you're right and maybe you're not. Honestly, I do believe folks can change their opinion on an issues once they become more aware of the facts. I've done it, haven't you? For our sake, I'm going to hope he is being sincere in his comment.

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ** Edmund Burke**

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts athttps://eepurl.com/cktGTn

MW
    Quote Originally Posted by Judy View Post
    I like Scott Walker, I think he's done a great job for Wisconsin, but come on, do we want a Presidential candidate who only figured out that amnesty is wrong, illegal immigration is wrong, because of Obama Amnesty? No, we want a candidate who has known their whole lives that illegal immigration and excess immigration are wrong, who knows in his heart and mind that illegal aliens sneaking into our country and stealing jobs and benefits from Americans are not good people that we want to stay here, who knows without thinking about it, that to protect the United States citizen, illegal immigration has to stop, illegal aliens have to be deported, and the system reset during an immigration moratorium of at least 10 years so this never ever happens again.

Candidates who don't know this already and who haven't known it for at least the bulk of their adult lives are not qualified to be President of the United States and are not capable of doing the job. We've already been through 4 of these types of people, Bush I, Clinton, Bush II and now Obama.

Keep looking for a candidate who knows illegal immigration and excess immigration are wrong on all levels for the citizens of this country.
    I hear you loud and clear. Unfortunately though, we have to play with the cards we're dealt. I'm going to take a wait and see attitude on whether I believe he is being sincere or not.

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ** Edmund Burke**

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts athttps://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Quote Originally Posted by MW View Post
    I hear you loud and clear. Unfortunately though, we have to play with the cards we're dealt. I'm going to take a wait and see attitude on whether I believe he is being sincere or not.
    '

I do not need to wait and see. The election of 2014 was said to be supercalifragilisticexpialidocious, according to republican friends the day after election. It seems realistically today that it was a fragile win, at best, but super not.

And Walker's defeat of the union does not imply that he is pro middle class, does it? Reagan did that too and within 3 years or so, meat packers in Nebraska wages were cut 30%. Then he compares those people attempting to protect themselves from unscrupulous politicians to terrorists this past week. Wheweeee! I do know all I need to know about Mr. Scott Walker, and that is that he is not American presidential timber, or even a sapling, at this point!

MW
    Quote Originally Posted by kevinssdad View Post
    '

I do not need to wait and see. The election of 2014 was said to be supercalifragilisticexpialidocious, according to republican friends the day after election. It seems realistically today that it was a fragile win, at best, but super not.

And Walker's defeat of the union does not imply that he is pro middle class, does it? Reagan did that too and within 3 years or so, meat packers in Nebraska wages were cut 30%. Then he compares those people attempting to protect themselves from unscrupulous politicians to terrorists this past week. Wheweeee! I do know all I need to know about Mr. Scott Walker, and that is that he is not American presidential timber, or even a sapling, at this point!
    You're entitled your opinion, just as I am. Oh, and I didn't mention anything about Walker's defeat of the union, Reagan, or the middle class.