Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Secure America / Orderly Immigration Act '05

McCain, Kennedy, Kolbe, Flake & Lieberman introduce Secure America / Orderly Immigration Act '05

Here is the link:
    http://www.phxnews.com/fullstory.php?article=21140

WASHINGTON - Senators McCain and Kennedy, and Representatives Kolbe, Flake and Gutierrez, joined by Senators Brownback and Lieberman today introduced The Secure America and Orderly Immigration Act of 2005. The legislation follows months of thoughtful debate and negotiation, which has resulted in bipartisan, bicameral, comprehensive border security and immigration reform.

"The status quo is unacceptable, and we need to modernize our broken immigration system to meet the challenges of the 21st Century. And we need policies that continue to reflect our best values as a nation -- of fairness, equal opportunity, and respect for the law. One of the mistakes of the past is to assume we can control illegal immigration on our own. A realistic immigration policy must be a two-way street. Under our plan, America will do its part, but we expect Mexico and other nations to do their part, too, to replace an illegal immigration flow with regulated, legal immigration," said Kennedy.

McCain said, "Homeland security is our nation's number one priority, this legislation includes a number of provisions that together will make our nation more secure. For far too long, our nation's broken immigration laws have gone unreformed - leaving Americans vulnerable. We can no longer afford to delay reform. I am proud to join my colleagues today as an original Sponsor of this legislation"

"This is a comprehensive bill that doesn't try to solve the hemorrhaging immigration problem with a ban-aid - this bill is major surgery. The majority of the illegal immigration is happening in Arizona, and I will not stand by and let southern Arizona be the doormat for this country's failed immigration policy," said Rep. Kolbe. "They are illegal immigrants - they have broken the law and must be punished. That is why this legislation includes strict fines and penalties for those already in this country illegally and tough punishments for employers who hire illegal immigrants. More importantly, it provides the secure identification document so an employer can know the person seeking work is here legally. We must recognize reality and implement a tightly structured guest worker program to securely, and legally, fill jobs that no American is available or wants to do. Over the past several years, border security has been a necessity for all members of Congress, but it has been a top priority for only a few. Today, I am proud to continue my work as one of those few. I will work hard with Senator McCain, Senator Kennedy, Rep. Flake and Rep. Gutierrez to educate Congress and the public about the need for practical reform. We are at an important threshold - we can either work hard to secure our borders through commonsense reform of our immigration system, or hang-on to unrealistic ideals that will never improve the safety of our country."

"We need a plan that fairly balances national security, economic reality, and worker protections, and I think our bill comes pretty darn close," said Flake. "I believe that this bill is very consistent with President Bush's principles of immigration reform and, given that the President has made immigration reform a priority of his second term, I hope that our colleagues in Congress will give this bill the consideration that it deserves."

"This bill represents a vital step toward an immigration policy that makes sense," Gutierrez said. "It reflects the enormous contributions immigrants make every day, it respects our nation's proud history of welcoming men and women to seek a better life and it better protects our homeland by creating a system of improved accountability and security."

If enacted, this legislation will help America meet 21st century challenges by replacing current outdated immigration laws with reforms that will improve our border security and make immigration policies more realistic and enforceable. The bill will help get control of our borders, strengthen our national security, create an even playing field for employers and ensure full labor rights for all our workers.

Really? All that, huh? All I read was a buncha rhetoric. What are the provisions of the bill that is going to do all that?

RR
    The men who try to do something and fail are infinitely better than those who try to do nothing and succeed. " - Lloyd Jones

"We need a plan that fairly balances national security, economic reality, and worker protection
    PLAN Should Include:
    Close The Borders, walls and very few open places with more high tech security and personnel watching it.

Deport the ILLEGALS.

More jobs for Americans with less Illegals would be great worker protection.
    I stay current on Americans for Legal Immigration PAC's fight to Secure Our Border and Send Illegals Home via E-mail Alerts (CLICK HERE TO SIGN UP)

I'm highly suspicious of anything Kennedy is involved with.

Guest worker deal is a major clunker; anchor babies will keep these people here forever.

Besides, why has it taken these morons so long to figure out there was a problem. Sounds to me like more feel good song and dance for the benefit of the voters. I can't wait to see the provisions.
    When we gonna wake up?

We already know that one of the provisions is amnesty for millions that are here. I won't go for that and I don't think any of you will, either.

RR
    The men who try to do something and fail are infinitely better than those who try to do nothing and succeed. " - Lloyd Jones

Yeah, these guys are all class. Maybe we could export them to run Mexico's government. Wait, Mexico operates in its own self interest. I forgot. I'm so used to American politicians who would rather make the rest of the world happy than their own citizens.

You think France would take Kennedy, McCain, et.al.? They certainly deserve each other.
    When we gonna wake up?

Secure America

These idiots are just begging for a revolt. Why don't they put their energy into something creative, like practice the existing laws that are already on the books! The last thing we need is to introduce new bills that are aimed at appeasing the big business and pro-immigration crowd. America is getting mad as hell, and we aren't going to take it anymore!
    RIP Butterbean! We miss you and hope you are well in heaven.-- Your ALIPAC friends

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Nothing worse than a mad Butterbean...

Just kidding with you, Butter. You speak for us all.
    When we gonna wake up?