Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Selectmen Back Chief On Illegal Immigrant Arrests

http://www.thewmurchannel.com/news/4529868/detail.html

Selectmen Back Chief On Illegal Immigrant Arrests

POSTED: 10:36 am EDT May 25, 2005

HUDSON, N.H. -- Selectmen in Hudson are backing their police chief amid a debate over whether local police should be arresting illegal immigrants on trespassing charges.

Residents commented on the arrests at a selectmen's meeting Tuesday night, with some arguing that selectmen should order police to stop making the arrests and others saying the officers are just enforcing the law.

After the debate, selectmen voted to support Chief Richard Gendron's efforts. His officers arrested two Mexicans last week on trespassing charges, following a similar arrest by New Ipswich, N.H., police.

Copyright 2005 by The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
    I stay current on Americans for Legal Immigration PAC's fight to Secure Our Border and Send Illegals Home via E-mail Alerts (CLICK HERE TO SIGN UP)

Selectmen?

?

Aren't Selectmen sort of like Councilmen or Aldermen?

Yes they are.
    Glad to see more people standing up.
    http://www.alipac.us Enforce immigration laws!

I wasnt sure what "Selectmen" were eityher so I looked it up.

Selectmen

Selectman \Se*lect"man\, n.; pl. Selectmen. One of a board of town officers chosen annually in the New England States to transact the general public business of the town, and have a kind of executive authority. The number is usually from three to seven in each town.

The system of delegated town action was then, perhaps, the same which was defined in an ``order made in 1635 by the inhabitants of Charlestown at a full meeting for the government of the town, by selectmen;'' the name presently extended throughout New England to municipal governors. --Palfrey.

Source: Webster's Revised Unabridged Dictionary, © 1996, 1998 MICRA, Inc.

http://dictionary.reference.com/search?q=Selectmen
    I am glad to see that the police are getting backing for doing their jobs. Unlike some of the other stories that have been posted abotu the police ignoring and even helping illegal immigrants.
    I stay current on Americans for Legal Immigration PAC's fight to Secure Our Border and Send Illegals Home via E-mail Alerts (CLICK HERE TO SIGN UP)