Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Sen. Bob Corker's Letter On The Firing Of Mary Peters!!

Dear Mr. and Mrs. _______,

Thank you for taking the time to contact my office with your concerns about the Secretary of Transportation, Mary Peters. Your input is important to me, and I appreciate the time you took to share your thoughts.

Since coming to the Senate, I have promised Tennesseans that I will work diligently to secure our borders and help fix our nation's broken immigration system. After reviewing the Department of Transportation's own Inspector General Report, I did not believe we could ensure that trucks coming into our country from Mexico are fully safe.

Therefore, in 2007 I voted to stop the funding of the Mexico-US cross border pilot program as a part of the Transportation, Housing, and Urban Development Appropriations Act. That language ultimately became law in the 2008 Omnibus Appropriations Act.

While I agree that Secretary Peters did not act consistently with the votes cast by both houses of the United States Congress, I believe that the ongoing litigation regarding her decision should be completed before further Congressional action is warranted. As this process moves forward, I will continue to keep your thoughts in mind.

Thank you again for your letter. I hope you will continue to share your thoughts with me over the course of my term in the United States Senate.

Sincerely,

Bob Corker
    United States Senator

All I can say, is so far so good for Senator Cooker. I am pleasantly suprised that such a newbie in the Senate has stood by his convictions, hope he understands,THOSE THAT GIVETH,CAN TAKE AWAY, if this man truly feels he was sent to the Senate to represent the will of the people, I think we Tn.'s did a pretty good job with this one.

TRR, I am keeping my fingers crossed anyways...