HERE IS SOME INFO FROM SEN. CORNYN'S NEWSLETTER, WHICH COMES IN MY EMAIL. AS YOU CAN SEE, SHAMNESTY, SCHIP, AND HEALTH CARE FOR ADULTS, REMAINS HIS MAIN OBJECTIVE. AND YOU CAN BET YOUR BOTTOM DOLLAR, THE MAJORITY OF THESE ARE ILLEGAL ALIENS.

I participated in a summit on immigration reform this week in Tyler with East Texas business leaders. These are men and women who help create many jobs, and I appreciated their perspective on this complicated and long-neglected issue.

Border security and immigration reform remain among our top domestic priorities. Until we show the American people that the federal government is serious about border security and enforcement at the workplace, we will not be able to enact comprehensive immigration reform. In addition to more resources for enforcement, we need a tamper-proof worker verification system that will allow Texas business owners to quickly and accurately determine if their workforce is legal.

[b]I will push Congressional leaders to work together next year on essential border security measures and a comprehensive reform package. I’m convinced we can protect our economy even while we restore respect for the rule of law.

Also this week, I met with Executive Commissioner Albert Hawkins and employees at a Texas Health and Human Services Commission call center in Austin to review positive first quarter enrollment trends in Texas’s SCHIP program and Medicaid programs. Outreach efforts are showing results, but there are still hundreds of thousands of low-income children across the state without health insurance coverage. We must be even more aggressive in efforts to reach parents and educate them about the services available.

In the Senate, I am committed to achieving full funding for Texas SCHIP, so every low-income child, including those who have yet to enroll, will receive the care they need. The SCHIP renewal bill has become a political football. I hope Congress will stop these games and reauthorize this program quickly.

During a trip to Corpus Christi on Wednesday, I visited the Amistad Community Health Center, which will be opening its doors soon. Federally Qualified Health Centers like this one provide important preventive health care services that increase access for low-income Texans and reduce pressure on hospital emergency rooms. I will continue working to expand the number and quality of community health centers throughout Texas.